Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

My new tank isn't working.

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

My new tank isn't working.

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2010, 07:19 AM
howie63

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: My new tank isn't working.

Hello Al,

Just ran across your post. I have to get ready for work, so haven't read all the replies, your solution may be there.

I received my Panther III a few days ago, charged the battery overnight, and yesterday after work decided to try out my new tank on my living room rug. After following the instructions, the tank just sat there with the lights flashing, and wouldn't do a thing. Going back over the instructions, I saw to press the left button of the row of three on the controller, still nothing. Then it came to me: I had forgot to install the tank antenna! I knew where it went, but this little item wasn't in the manual.

After installing the antenna (slid the "spring" bottom of the antenna over the small brass stud on the top rear of my Panther III), and pressing the start button, the starting sounds happened, the lights lit steady, and I was off and running!

Hope this helped. I'll read this entire post tomorrow before work.

Good luck,

Howie

Old 01-15-2010, 07:37 AM
dash69

Hello All, I a in the process of upgrading a Pz III to sound and smoke. IT came with the crystals. Does it make a difference which crystal goes in transmitter and receiver? Mine are not marked as such. Am I missing something on this? I was going to test it but what will happen if they are reversed?

Noob here, never heard of this before. Any help is appreciated.

Be well,

David
Old 01-15-2010, 08:44 AM
YHR

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You won't hurt anything to my knowledge if these crystals get mixed up. THey just won't work.
Old 01-15-2010, 09:12 AM
karel47

or try the bottom to setting the noise louder, i had turn it of was forgotten to set it on and nothing was working, i turned it on and it was ok, stupid but it happend.
on the underside there is a white screwbottom for loudness maybe its that
Old 01-15-2010, 09:47 AM
dash69

Thanks YHR for the info. Learn something all the time.

David
Old 01-16-2010, 12:57 AM
rrudytoo
My Feedback: (27)

Okay, I tried Joe's suggestion of swapping the crystals from Rx to Tx and visa versa..............still no joy.

Howie,

Yes, the antenna was in place. Sigh.

The new crystal set should arrive within the next couple or three days and I'll have a better idea of what I'm up against. Gads! I wanna play!!!!!

Al
Old 01-16-2010, 09:50 AM
mrunktonkey

There's a lesson here. If it's your first HL tank, order two. Chances are you'll have one working... one way or ther other. Best of luck, we're all pullin' for ya.

Cheers, Bob
Old 01-16-2010, 12:15 PM
starskey

hi
I don't think anyone has mentioned this.

but when i got my M26 I had the same thing flashing lights and nothing else.

the problem was that on the soldered side of the receiver board were two bures of wire or solder.

they were making connection between the gaps on the board.

once I removed them the tank worked fine.

and I have the crystals from my old Tamiya Hilux 27.095s in my HL Tiger they work fine.

Jon
Old 01-16-2010, 04:32 PM
rrudytoo

Hey Guys,

I received a set of replacement crystals from RC Command in the mail today and my Pz III is up and running!!!! I'm having a ball with it though it comes at the expense of my cat. She is none too happy about this new beast.

Thanks to all of you for your help. I would still be scratching my head if your advice wasn't received and I'm very grateful. That HL Stug is looking better and better!!!

Al
Old 01-16-2010, 06:28 PM
BIGMIG

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice and easy fix................... Now you will be able to pass this info on to others when you see them posting the same problem.........

BIGMIG
Old 01-16-2010, 09:15 PM
paladin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

My son and I where at the mall show today and I was kicking his but with our new IR Panther V's. I was thinking wow there really was something to all these tactics the Germans used because I was really toasting his butt. He’s getting no hits, dam I’m good! Wait he’s not hitting me at all! My elation started waning, I pulled right in front of him we were almost touching guns and blasting away at each other and he was not landing a single punch. I had him change his elevation with no hits.

We started taking the tank apart, this is much easier assembly than the Tiger or pantiger. We found the red wire from the IR emitter was loose in the tank. Reattached and we will try again tomorrow.

I don’t think I will fair nearly as well this time.

Joe
Old 01-17-2010, 02:15 PM
rrudytoo

Hey Joe,

At least you'll know to stay on your toes! As William Shakespere once said, "Turn about is fair play". Of course, we know the same phrase in a slightly coarser phrase. Either way, you'll have fun and what better event for a father and son? Here's a hint.........if he wins, he'll remember it for the rest of his life.

I'm off to the hobby shop to get some paints. It's time to personalize this boy! Ciao for now.

Al