RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Tanks (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-tanks-369/)
-   -   Launching Tk60 (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-tanks-369/11615139-launching-tk60.html)

clarkmodel 03-24-2015 11:10 PM

Launching Tk60

1 Attachment(s)
With most of software driver are tested OK, we now can lunch TK60, one of the final two building blocks of TK series, here are the overview.

Layout:

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/atta...mentid=2083988

Control:
Up to 8 control channel( CH1~8)
Dedicate elevation control channel
Dedicate control channel for 2nd MG channel, sound/light
Dedicate channel to play any of the 3 user's sounds

Track driver(CN6, CN7):
60A max per channel, u
p to 550 type motor can be used for modern tank,
Additional solder pad for Hi-curret connector is provided on PCB( CN6-A, CN6-B, CN7-A, CN7-B , CN1-A, CN1-B )

IR battle system:
Support Tamiya 1/16, Tamiya 1/35, HengLong and VStank IR format,
Support Machine gun IR code,
Support repair function to simulate a repair tank (bergepanzer)
Support soft skin weight class. One hit and destroyed,
Tamiya-compatible, Small, medium, large caliber cannon IR code, ex. larger caliber code cause more damage,
Enemy fire direction detection, cause different level of damage, ex. fire from the back cause more damage.

Recoil:
Support for Tamiya, HL, Taigen and servo recoil
Damping factor of servo recoil(J2) can be adjusted

Lights:
4-LED rotating light support, use 4 LEDs to simulate rotating light (L5~L8)
Working brake light (when tail lights and momentum is turned on)
Headlights and tail lights can be switched on and off by transmitter

Smoke Generator:
Heater of smoke Generator can be preheated for large amount of smoke at engine start,(CN12)
Proportional control of smoke generator (full power during engine startup, then proportional to engine revs)

Sounds:

15W, 4~8 ohm on-board amplifier(CN5)
5-Channel, dynamic allocation, smooth transit, sound generator(no delays on sound effect which is caused by priority table like IBU2)
Single to any burst MG sound and light,
2nd MG sound and light effect, also single to any burst(L4)

8M byte on-board memory, pack and program data(J7), like Benedini, no need to edit table, no need of SD card,
Engine sound level is proportional to true engine load and revs
Customizable sounds (22050 Hz, 8-bit & 10-bit, mono wave files),
including
-Engine cold start
-Engine warm start
-Engine idle
-Damaged Engine idle
-Engine rev up
-Engine speed steps
-Engine deceleration
-Engine stop
-5x Random track chain squeaks(proportional to engine rev)
-2x Turret rotation, one for manual crank (no engine running) one for powered (engine running)

-Barrel elevation start ( best for modern tank)
-Barrel elevation looping ( best for modern tank)
-Barrel elevation stop ( best for modern tank)
-Turret rotate start ( best for modern tank)
-Turret rotate loop ( best for modern tank)
-Turret rotate stop( best for modern tank)
-Gun shoot
-MG shoot( ex .30cal on Sherman)
-2nd MG shoot( ex .50 cal on Sherman turret)
-Hit
-Bullet bouncing
-Destroyed
-Repair
-3 user sound( voice, music)

Power(CN1):
Automatic tank shutoff at low battery voltage( threshold can be set per battery type)

Others:

Servo elevation output(J4),
External sound card interface(J5).
Dual-axial Gun barrel stabilizer support(J6, TK60G2 version)

Price range:
USD $249 ( ~ equal to IBU2 Pro + TPA) to 399(TK60G2 )

Just let me know, if you need some functions which are not listed, and I will check if it can be included on TK60 board.

Regards,
Clark

borealis 03-24-2015 11:52 PM

:(
I wonder why you couldn't make a presentation of your new board avoiding all those 'like Benedini/like Ibu2' claims.

That kind of remarks is something which should come from an indipendent, unbiased review, don't you think so?

clarkmodel 03-25-2015 12:08 AM

Those are the truth, right?

Check this "indipendent, unbiased review " video, from 8:20 time mark.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtlkhK0z_2c#t=497

borealis 03-25-2015 12:18 AM

Not sure if they are correct. For example the 'sound delay due to priority table of the IBU2' doesn't make sense, since the prioritized sounds are in terms of overlapping, not queueing.

But that's not the point, and you don't seem to get it. Either make a fair comparison with all the boards out there (thus including the newest El-mod fusion series) or better avoid any mention and leave it to some indipendent reviewer.

clarkmodel 03-25-2015 12:41 AM

Because IBU2 only have two sound channel, one for engine, one for other sound effect, no extra channel for overlapping, so you don't hear cannon sound at 8:22 time mark.

Is there a independent reviewer? this bring another question, so called "reviewer" is qualified by whom? form the day one we lunched TK22, IBU2 users judged it in all forums, moderator of rctankregiment even locked our account, because one of their senior member is selling IBU2.

tomhugill 03-25-2015 12:42 AM

I guessing what is meant is on the IBU if you say fire the main gun then try to use the machine gun you get no some till the main gun sound has finished because of how it prioritises.

fynsdad 03-25-2015 01:05 AM

form the day one we lunched TK22, IBU2 users judged it in all forums, moderator of rctankregiment even locked our account, because one of their senior member is selling IBU2.
..Really????

borealis 03-25-2015 01:13 AM

Originally Posted by clarkmodel (Post 12009873)
Is there a independent reviewer? this bring another question, so called "reviewer" is qualified by whom?

Many potential customers on this forum are intelligent and able to judge by themselfves, by reading reviews and looking at comparison videos like that one, before deciding where to put their money. Looks like the only 'qualified' reviewer you would like is yourself.

And distributors of custom electronics for rc models also tried and tested different products, including yours, before deciding where to take risks in their business.

I'm puzzled of your reactions. Be more professional and try to look less like a fanboy of your own products.

And writing hateful comments about ppl from other forums who might not read this one is completely out of topics.

clarkmodel 03-25-2015 01:25 AM

Originally Posted by fynsdad (Post 12009876)
..Really????

Do you see any comment form us on rctankregiment these years?

clarkmodel 03-25-2015 01:31 AM

Originally Posted by borealis (Post 12009877)
Many potential customers on this forum are intelligent and able to judge by themselfves, by reading reviews and looking at comparison videos like that one, before deciding where to put their money. Looks like the only 'qualified' reviewer you would like is yourself.

And distributors of custom electronics for rc models also tried and tested different products, including yours, before deciding where to take risks in their business.

I'm puzzled of your reactions. Be more professional and try to look less like a fanboy of your own products.

And writing hateful comments about ppl from other forums who might not read this one is completely out of topics.

Sorry, I don't write review, the video was posted by other, the question was pointed by other, I just explain why.

Is it a hateful comment? I don't think so, I just talking the truth, no any feeling at all.

tankman 03-25-2015 01:45 AM

Originally Posted by clarkmodel (Post 12009873)
Because IBU2 only have two sound channel, one for engine, one for other sound effect, no extra channel for overlapping, so you don't hear cannon sound at 8:22 time mark.

Is there a independent reviewer? this bring another question, so called "reviewer" is qualified by whom? form the day one we lunched TK22, IBU2 users judged it in all forums, moderator of rctankregiment even locked our account, because one of their senior member is selling IBU2.

NO Clark your account was NOT closed by us but by YOU due to you being unhappy about some issues found by UK hobbyists actually using the Tk22 . YOU posted this on the RCTR forum as one of your very last posts

clarkmodel

Closing account here

03 Dec 2012 04:11

Replies:
Views:

Hello All.

As we are closing account here. if you need assistance about our product, please contact us via [email protected] or facebook.

Regards,
Clark

In future do not publish misleading information or make erroneous statments. I will not post further or enter into any discussion on this matter I will just ask anyone interested to go to the RCTR site and type the word Clark in the search section. There are 123 pages everyone is free to read and in so doing draw there own conclusions.

clarkmodel 03-25-2015 02:19 AM

Originally Posted by tankman (Post 12009884)
NO Clark your account was NOT closed by us but by YOU due to some issues found by UK hobbyists using the Tk22 . YOU posted this on the RCTR forum as one of your very last posts

clarkmodel

Closing account here

03 Dec 2012 04:11

Replies:
Views:

Hello All.

As we are closing account here. if you need assistance about our product, please contact us via [email protected] or facebook.

Regards,
Clark

In future do not publish misleading information or make erroneous statments. I will not post further or enter into any discussion on this matter I will just ask anyone interested to go to the RCTR site and type in Clark, there are 123 pages which they can read and in so doing draw there own conclusions.

Sorry, I said "LOCKED" , so I can not write comment to some thread, and then I decided to close account and post that to tell our customer to contact us directly.

An moderator can lock a account because some issues found by user? so user can't talk with us? what a great forum!

borealis 03-25-2015 03:00 AM

It's the job of a forum moderator to close, move, rename threads, edit inappropriate contents when the users don't, ban users (that is not your case since you decided to quit by yourself) and other things.
Does that really sound new to you?

clarkmodel 03-25-2015 04:23 AM

Originally Posted by borealis (Post 12009908)
It's the job of a forum moderator to close, move, rename threads, edit inappropriate contents when the users don't, ban users (that is not your case since you decided to quit by yourself) and other things.
Does that really sound new to you?

Did you read each word that tankman and I said? if you interested this, please talk to tankman, I don't want to spend time on this.

You are more than welcome to say anything about our product as long as it's based on the truth.

YHR 03-25-2015 04:38 AM

Clark

This looks like a fantastic offering. Technology and time marches forward, If you can deliver all of this at the price point mentioned then this truly will be the board of choice.

As far as everything else goes, this is an open forum, and good debate will allow reality to rise to the top.

I have learned the hard way that once you start selling things and have a vested interest, people no longer take you opinion on face value and they will take you to task for saying anything about a competing product, whether it is true or not. You and I have had our discussion in the past over similar things.( remember the need for Tamiya IR) There are many things I could say about all of these boards. I have tried and used them all. I personally like the TBS as it has the smoothest sound transition of any board out there. ( until the TK60 ) I know you have the ability to deliver and look forward to reviewing the TK 60 myself.

As far as what has happened on other boards, there is no need to drag that up here. This is a vibrant board, with lots of participation, because it does foster open debate, and there is no moderator agenda. This board lets the facts speak for themselves and will let open public debate run its course to allow others to come to their own conclusions, about the truth.

The TK 60 looks like a very strong offering and it sounds as if you have developed something similar to the Benedini for sound mapping. I know exactly what you mean about a sound priority table and it is the weakness of all other sound cards other then the TBS.

Please focus on the strengths of what you have developed.

This new board, if it comes to light, will be a real strong option for those that want to abandon the stock electronics that come in these tanks, and yes as a competitor this is not good news, but to the tank enthusiast it is great news.

This is an open board and there are no agendas and the moderators seldom get involved.

tomhugill 03-25-2015 04:52 AM

Hey Clark do you have a sound preview of the new board?

Imex-Erik 03-25-2015 05:11 AM

Woah this sounds like a very impressive offering. Will this board have BT or a USB connection? Mobile would be preferred but PC connection would be great when it comes to all these settings.

TheBennyB 03-25-2015 06:12 AM

Yes, awesome looking board! As with the Elmod that has alot of these options as well it's all about implementation unfortunately. If everyone isn't using it, it's just bells and whistles.
If you can switch between standard battle damage ie. one shot, one hit and the more detailed battle damage then that will be fantastic. If your local club is running all TK-60's you could
battle with the more realistic damage/cannon settings, then if you travel to a larger event such as Danville, just hit a couple dips and be back to standard damage/cannon values. Clark, for directional battle damage will the user have to install separate IR sensors in the lower hull?

Max-U52 03-25-2015 08:21 AM

I'm chiming in here only because my video was used in this thread. I thought I had made this perfectly clear before, but apparently some people still don't get it, so let me say it again:

I am NOT a "reviewer" of any kind, independent, unbiased or otherwise. I am a rookie, newbie tanker that basically doesn't know what the hell he's doing. I make and post these videos for the benefit of my fellow new guys, in the hope that maybe they'll be able to avoid some of the mistakes I have made. That's all.

So in the future, Mr. Clark, if you're going to use my videos please get that right.

RichJohnson 03-25-2015 11:05 AM

That new board looks really cool. I have been wondering when a complete one board tank control would be available that could do a bit of what that will do.
Is a TBS a Tamiya Battle System? Or something else?

cleong 03-25-2015 11:12 AM

Keep in mind English isn't the first language of some of the participants of this thread, hopefully everyone can cut each other some slack?

YHR 03-25-2015 01:47 PM

TBS is used to identify a Benedini.

Merganser 03-25-2015 02:18 PM

Please, lets all be civil to each other. World wide there are so few companies out there providing RC tank parts that we can ill afford to loose anyone to anger. I remember waiting years to get a tank because I could not afford Tamiya for a "toy". After a few HLs I saved for about 6 months for my first Tamiya and I am now going back installing Clark boards in the HLs. Watching the stuff going down in the last few months I can understand why Tamiya does not post on the tank boards. We are on the edge of great new ways of getting small run tanks at affordable prices if we support the pioneers. Time to get back to the wonderful reviews of new cars by those (expert) stars on TV. jot

Roboticus_Prime 03-25-2015 02:44 PM

United, we tank

YHR 03-25-2015 03:09 PM

Agreed. Clark is producing some very nice things from electronics to some of his latest top notch recoil and elevation hardware.