Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

New to nitro

Old 10-03-2010, 08:42 PM
vander1020

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to nitro

I raced electric Associated cars (offroad and oval) 20 years ago and did decent on the track. I sold everything due to the new wife (now ex). I just purchased a used Losi XX-NT off Ebay to see if I like it and get the feel. I know it is outdated, but it is a starter. It has a O.S. MAX .18cvr motor.

Can someone give me a quick lesson in nito trucks? I have a friend with nitro monster trucks, but I love the speed. A little info on motors would be nice. Any tricks to working on the motors, fuels, pipes, etc? And last, any recommendations on the best new trucks or cars? Thanks for all your help.
Old 10-04-2010, 08:03 PM
1nitrohead
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New to nitro

outdated or not it will still be fun!!!!!
Gas truck has almost completly died, as a regular class at nitro events. ....... ALTHOUGH there is a track in south central ohio that is racing them. We have seen a renewed interest including the track owner. I have mine done and even raced it with others this weekend.

Truth is Losi bailed on us when they sold out to Horizon ..... very bummed!!!! The associated FT GT(2) is an excellent choice for racing

If you have any specific questions about truck ... fire away

Or hit me up on our site and stop by and get more info from all the guys than you can remember http://theohiorcfactory.com