Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Truggy
Reload this Page >

Losi Eight-T 2.0 RTR issues...

Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

Losi Eight-T 2.0 RTR issues...

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2011, 09:39 AM
GotNitroRC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Losi Eight-T 2.0 RTR issues...

I'm having issues with tuning the losi 454 engine in my 8ight-T 2.0. I bought this RTR kit a few months age and went through the whole break-in process. I'm about 1 and a quarter gallons through it. I pulled the DX3s system and telemetry off of it and put in on my Aftershock for a few weeks and haven't run the Truggy since. I decided to put the DX3s system back on the Truggy and tried to start it and it did start, but it races up in RPM right on the bump box and the carb doesn't change at all. It races up in rpm really fast and then flames out. I tried to reset the carb back to the factory settings of the high and low 2.5 turns out and I turn the idle needle out2 turns. I Try to start it and it won’t. I slow turn in the idle needle and when it gets to about 1 and a 1/4 turns out it fires up and then the rpm races up and flames out. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 06-03-2011, 07:49 PM
revo_sbs
My Feedback: (23)

Default RE: Losi Eight-T 2.0 RTR issues...

That sounds really weird. Are you using the telemetry to check the rpm???? What do you mean by the carb not moving? Does the throttle open??
Old 06-13-2011, 05:13 PM
Jake C6R

Your problem is that those needle settings are WAYtoo lean - don't use the 2 1/2 turns from the manual.

Put the HSN and LSN at 3 1/2 turns out and go from there. You will probably be able to lean the HSN from there and see how the temps are. The reason it screams is because you are WAYlean on the LSN. Set the idle with a 1mm or so gap and adjust from there.

I had the exact same problem as you when Itried to use those settings from the manual. When they come from the factory they are actually 4 1/2 turns out on the HSN and 3 1/2 turns out on the LSN!

Old 07-16-2011, 09:34 PM
BULL1TT

Depending on where you are you have to adjust accordingly, Search you tube for pinching the fuel line to get an idea where you are at with your carb, Hang on I will grab a link.

Here ya go, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8T8SDQ1hGI

I am not a redcat owner, nor do I care for them, but this guy does have some very straight forward video's that aid with tuning.

Hope It Helps!

BULL!TT