Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Truggy
Reload this Page >

top end needle valve is loose

Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

top end needle valve is loose

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2016, 10:58 AM
product78

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default top end needle valve is loose

I'm assuming this is not how this valve is supposed to be. please watch this short clip.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUG1xWC5B7U&feature=youtu.be should I just get some hi temp rtv or do I need to make a more substantial repair.
Old 01-25-2016, 11:41 AM
Anthoop

No that is not correct at all...tighten that up....also check that HSN setting...I doubt the head of the needle should be proud of the housing....what model and engine is that?
Old 01-25-2016, 12:40 PM
product78

It's a basher sabertooth w/ .28 nitro engine.
HSN setting? what is HSN setting?
Old 01-25-2016, 01:12 PM
product78

I thought it was loose because of a bad weld or something like that but upon closer inspection, it turned out to be threaded into the carb. So I was able to tighten connection.
https://youtu.be/I6bRiDaAOf0
Old 01-25-2016, 01:22 PM
ijpom

Hi product78,
The black plastic fuel connection should be tight between the brass needle housing and the body of the aluminum carb.
You will find two flat spots at the bottom of brass housing, and that will allow you to tighten the housing down. You have a choice of where you want the fuel connection to be angled, so keep than in mind and hold it in the correct orientation.
With that lose a connection, I would have expected air leaks and tuning issues. Maybe it just got that way.

Anthony,
This looks like yet another SH variant. I think your right about the needle position, but product78 is still getting this run-in the old school way.
Old 01-25-2016, 02:17 PM
product78

Your correct about air leakage. I was having a hell of a time getting it started today. It did finally start, but barely. Then I realized the fuel connection was loose. Not sure how I managed to overlook it.
Old 01-26-2016, 05:33 PM
product78

what is an SH-variant? Apologize for the institutional ignorance but you need to learn somehow.
Old 01-26-2016, 06:33 PM
ijpom

SH engines are a manufacturer out of China. They are value oriented. Depending who you talk to, they are either cheap crap or easy to tune and durable. I think Dynamite, Losi, SH, Exceed and many other brands are made from the same designs, with little significant changes to differentiate between them. I run them because that's what came in my ready to run cars.

You can learn and not have to worry about hurting a $300 engine if you don't get it right.
Old 01-27-2016, 10:13 AM
Anthoop

Originally Posted by product78
what is an SH-variant? Apologize for the institutional ignorance but you need to learn somehow.
No need to apologise we all had to start at the beginning......ask away.
Originally Posted by ijpom
SH engines are a manufacturer out of China. They are value oriented. Depending who you talk to, they are either cheap crap or easy to tune and durable. I think Dynamite, Losi, SH, Exceed and many other brands are made from the same designs, with little significant changes to differentiate between them. I run them because that's what came in my ready to run cars.

You can learn and not have to worry about hurting a $300 engine if you don't get it right.
Lol good answer.
Old 01-28-2016, 12:01 AM
product78

It's unbelievable how much cheaper it is to get introduced to the sport relative to just 4n or 5 years ago. I'm not in a position to say this engine is good or bad, yet. But $93 for a .28cc complete nitro engine & carb assembly seams pretty cheap.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	engine.png
Views:	55
Size:	261.2 KB
ID:	2143868   Click image for larger version

Name:	engine+.png
Views:	96
Size:	261.3 KB
ID:	2143869  
Old 01-28-2016, 11:57 AM
Anthoop

China...many people earning little.....can you even imagine how much the people that make that engine get paid?
Old 02-09-2016, 04:37 AM
supertib

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by product78
It's unbelievable how much cheaper it is to get introduced to the sport relative to just 4n or 5 years ago. I'm not in a position to say this engine is good or bad, yet. But $93 for a .28cc complete nitro engine & carb assembly seams pretty cheap.

not really that special of a deal when these days you can buy a Novarossi 28-8 port for $160.00 which is a worlds better engine then this