Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Truggy
Reload this Page >

Unofficial ALL TRUGGY THREAD.. Hotbodies, GS, MUGEN,Conversions.pix/Video

Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

Unofficial ALL TRUGGY THREAD.. Hotbodies, GS, MUGEN,Conversions.pix/Video

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2005, 08:51 PM
streetracer10989

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Official ALL TRUGGY THREAD.. Hotbodies, GS, MUGEN,Conversions.pix/Video

crazt chris did you get my privet mesage? if not tell me here
Old 05-04-2005, 08:53 PM
streetracer10989

Default RE: Official ALL TRUGGY THREAD.. Hotbodies, GS, MUGEN,Conversions.pix/Video

not to wonder off from the subjecy but what street cars do ya got?
Old 05-04-2005, 09:39 PM
IslandSavage

Poor Judgement

Post a pic of your truck.. Im sure everyone would like to see it..Hasnt been any flaming on here at all, so i doubt that will happen.. Pretty good bunch of people on this thread....[8D]
Old 05-04-2005, 09:43 PM
IslandSavage

Hey Chris...

What engines were the Ofna Jammin team running? How about Saxton?
Old 05-04-2005, 10:03 PM
streetracer10989

will the hot bodies stadium pro arms fit on the buggy? and no1 told me if theve seen any hot bodies buggies/truggies
Old 05-04-2005, 10:18 PM
hybridstone

Anyone heard about the new sportwerks truggy? any pics?I talked with a horizon rep and was told it has the longer a-arms and comes with a mach 26 / jr x-3 fm radio/ roto start for $400us
Old 05-04-2005, 10:32 PM
crazychris7

Hey guys... streetracer i replied to it a few posts up... Saxton and jammin guys were running P5's, RB modded rossi .21s and gosch was running a collari (.30 i believe)... had my first problem with the truck today... Was out putting around the track when all of a sudden it just ran off, popped the pipe and hit the tabletop and did a like 2 back/side flips, landing on its lid screaming... i literally jumped off the drivers stand, running up to it when about 20 ft from it it just cut back down and idled... ***??? Well this being the run with the digital servo on the steering/645mg on the throttle, i thought maybe interferance or maybe something came loose, but after taking it apart nothing seemed wrong. I peaked the battery again (was fresh when i brought the truck out, maybe 5 mins of running on a 1200mah nimh pack) checked the wires for tears, antenna wire... everything... Took it back out and itd still do some 1-2 sec bursts where i had no control over the car. When it happened id grab it, look everything over and check it all, then start it back up and itd do it again... I finally got frustrated and literally threw my truck off the track into the grassthinking bad thoughts with a certian combo of trashcan and walking away, but i kept my cool.. im not a guy that gets easily pissed, but seriously i have no clue whats going on with this damn thing. I asked the guy that runs the LHS, and alot of other guys that have been racing for awhile and we all are stumped... copuld it be interferance? reciever? batt pack? servo? Ill try it again tomorrow with the stock throttle servo back in and a diff reciever pack... any ideas guys??? Oh yea, btw.. these cut bowties are AWESOME!!!!!!!1

Chris
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Rp42150.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	83.4 KB
ID:	267097  
Old 05-04-2005, 10:52 PM
cemeb4dk

Chris,

I had this problem with my buggy. Is it totally out of control or just the throttle. Thats how mine was, it seemed it would go full out or no response every now and then. I could not figure it out. Till finally the motor went out on my throttle servo. It was a 645 also. When I put a new servo in, have had zero problems.
Old 05-04-2005, 10:57 PM
crazychris7

hmmm sounds like summin there.. ill wrench the stock servo back in and see what it does tomorrow... didnt really check the steering when it did that.. i went into the "OH *****, MY TRUCK!!!!!!!!!!" mode and didnt really wanna see if it steered when it was WOT across the track... But thatnks for the tip bro! Could i just send the servo to hitec and see if they'll warranty it???
Chris

INAPPROPRIATE LANGUAGE:
The use of inappropriate, offensive language or language substitutions are not permitted on RCUniverse.com.
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_37.../tm.htm#377662
Old 05-04-2005, 11:02 PM
cemeb4dk

Yes I know what you mean, I would be in OH **** mode also. I just noticed it when I would be full throttle on a straight and all of a sudden I had nothing. My first thought was like you Battery or something came loose, but no, then I thought Failsafe, so removed it and still happened.

Hopefully thats all it is. Between me and a bud I race with we have had 6 failures of 645's 3 where gears stripping and 3 where motors since October. So needless to say I am done with the lower level Hitech. I switched to Jr and have had no problems
Old 05-04-2005, 11:16 PM
Eracer76

Chris.....its funny you brought that up. I was having the same kind of problems with my LSP.

Im using a JR XS3 system with Hitec 5945mg's for steering and throttle/brakes.
Mine seemed to start acting up right after I put a full length aluminum chassis brace on the truck, but at first i thought it was my servo going bad, because it wouldnt do it all the time.
Then I got to thinking, it was only acting up with the truck running, so then I figured it was interference, or metal on metal causing the interference.
I tried modding my throttle/brake linkage so it wouldnt rattle so much with the truck running and that didnt work either.
Then I thought maybe the linkage was rattling against my new chassis brace so I wrapped tape around it and that didnt work either.
So.....I put the stock steering servo in the throttle brake location.....started up the truck and it seemed good, untill I put it on the track and it acted up again!
About twice every lap it would dart into a corner or hit the brakes while in the air.... so I shut it down and at this point I was getting pissed off. [:@]

So.....I tried putting an old Hitec 645mg in there and added bits of fuel line on either side of the brake arms and needless to say it was still acting up about once a lap......I was just stumped at this point, because it seemed to get better, but then it would still do it.

So during the week, I moved my antenna and holder to the battery box lid and put my Hitec 5945mg back in.....the next weekend at the track it was doing good for the first two laps and it acted up AGAIN! This time I narrowed it down to that servo.....with the truck not running, I could work the servo many times and it would just stop.....then I could tap it with a screwdriver and it would work again. So, I took it back out and put in the 645mg again, and guess what? I havent had a problem since

Anyway....like you, I tried just about everything, made sure my battery was charged, tried different freq channels, different servos, you name it I tried it, but I think moving that antenna off the metal servo tray and getting it away from the moving servo / linkage fixed my problem. Weather it had anything to do with my chassis brace acting as interference Im not sure, but its fixed now

Old 05-05-2005, 01:24 AM
xdamxincx

chris ..sounds to me more like either a bad servo or the receiver....

but on another not i have a VID of me in action....

www.snapoffracing.com/videos/rich.wmv
Old 05-05-2005, 09:08 AM
rcblaze

Nice vid rich. Millspond looks like fun again with big jumps. Have to check it out. Hey so you know word is they finished the track close to you over by 10th. I haven't check it out yet but they say it's done and should be opening saturday. How's the project coming Island?
Old 05-05-2005, 11:08 AM
xdamxincx

ORIGINAL: rcblaze

Nice vid rich. Millspond looks like fun again with big jumps. Have to check it out. Hey so you know word is they finished the track close to you over by 10th. I haven't check it out yet but they say it's done and should be opening saturday. How's the project coming Island?
thanks ,thats my first vid ever ..what a pain in the butt that was to get it done ...lol

yea i heard the track is done .. i went and looked at it .. looks like a good track for a mini T ..lol.. i think my truck is a lil too big for it .. but who knows i may get out there one day...and if they do get the computer and electronics i may just get involved and buy the dirt myself and make the track bigger .. if they would let me .. but thats just a big maybe ..
i just think the track is way to tiny..
Old 05-05-2005, 12:08 PM
IslandSavage

The project is running good. Minus a need of the engine... The ordered the wrong one.. A standard shaft instead of a SG. So now im back to square one... Might just throw the P5 back in it.. who knows...
I havent been to Mills Pond in awhile. Looks real good. Hey X will ity be open this weekend? I know the Coral Springs track will be closed. So i might have to take a trip to Mills Pond. What times and days do the run. I completely forgot...
Old 05-05-2005, 12:35 PM
rcblaze

Your right Rich it is to small. But it will give me a chance to practice with out driving a hour . I gotta get better before I can keep up with the LSP. Island get that baby running man. Are you still gonna race your MGT? We brought 2 last week but I think you left already my buddies run those and wanted to chat it up.

Have either of you heard of the Track in FT pierce? I saw a vid and word is it's a tough track with alot of guys running.
Old 05-05-2005, 01:39 PM
IslandSavage

Im gonna run the MGT..(It might be sporting a new PICCO .27 soon). Thats my best racer. (Or at least the one i drive the best, and know how to drive....). I had to leave unexpected. Im off on the weekends,but when your a hospital director thats a gamble...I saw them there. i would like to talk to them also, but i had to run. Gotta make the money that pays for the hobby...lol... I liked seeing you guys out there. Its great to have a mixed group of trucks out there. More fun that way to me. Kinda sux to watch a million REVO race. Nothing against them, i like em, but you get the idea....

Alot of guys were complaining about the truggies at the track from what I heard. I only know of the guys that came up to me since im a staff member of the track to express thier concern about the truggies. They say its unfair to race against them and they should have there own race.. I think thats plain whining. There only 2 truggies out there (not including mine, no engine).. And the guys driving the truggies would still put a hurting on people if they were driving MT's... Im more of a race what ya got and have some fun type of guy. Were not doing points, or official races, or anything on that level. So why complain and whine about that nonsense... I'll race anyone or anything they drive. If i get beat then I just get beat. But at least i'll be getting better by racing against the best guys and not guys i beat all the time.. When i raced the buggy class i had the same buggies and engines as them.. They still put a hurting on me... And i consider myself a ok driver. Onky thing it made me do is practice better and see what they did and learn from them. I still had fun finishing in 4th. It would be the same thing with the truggies. I need alot of practice and learn to drive it, and take tips from the seasoned racers.. I guess what im trying to say is people need to quit making excuses and just race and have fun. but just incase...maybe X/scott need to bring a pair of REVO's and still put some laps on them so they can see its pointless to complain...lol.lol...
Old 05-05-2005, 03:28 PM
xdamxincx

mills pond is open for practice on monday and wed after 5 pm.. its 6 bux to practice for non club members..
sat nite is race nite starts around 4pm and is 15 to race for non club members..
me and scott will be in ft pierce this weekend learning their new layout for the state series race the following week..
as much as i want to come out to coral springs and race with revo's we have to concentrate on the big races when they come .. which is 2 weeks... but after that we will come back out .. but thanks for all the kind words..

so boca messed up on the mach 21 order again ???? dang ..ima have to call him up and bust jims balls...lol
Old 05-05-2005, 05:13 PM
poor judgement

island: man - i will get laughed outta here - its a wannabes truck, trying to be a truggy. i just dont have the spare cash to get a real one!

but ok, im always up for a good laugh, even if it is at my expense... i can always edit it out later!

i dont have anywhere to race here, its just a toy to keep me out the house - hey i have worked out a centre diff to fit in there (im preparing my defence strategy)!!

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Qv56291.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	74.0 KB
ID:	267400   Click image for larger version

Name:	Jg14337.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	62.7 KB
ID:	267401   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rm38037.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	66.2 KB
ID:	267402  
Old 05-05-2005, 06:32 PM
hybridstone

Looks like a cen mt 2 good to learn on!!
Old 05-05-2005, 07:22 PM
crazychris7

Well i narrowed it down to the reciever or ??? Went back to how it was before on servos and still glitched... truck did a double backflip looked great... too bad i didnt do it myself ... Ill try out another radio/reciever and see what it does then... if it does the same thing, its in the trash cause im tired of this damn truck.. kidding guys Ill at least take the motor and servos out first

Chris
Old 05-05-2005, 07:23 PM
xdamxincx

yes its a cen truck.. he has modified a center diff on i beleive.. he has spent lots of time and dedication ....
i still have my started cen mt2 race projects still sitting in the same spot they have been in for 3 months..lol i eventually came to believe that they are not worth the time and effort to make raceable and be reliable for the tracks i run on...
i still have the jt chassis poor j ....
Old 05-05-2005, 08:50 PM
hybridstone

crazy it has to be the reciever!! I had the same thing happen!!dust got inside so i took it apart cleaned it up and she work's perfect!! or you could just sell me your ls as a roller
Old 05-05-2005, 09:40 PM
streetracer10989

o i see it chris thanx but you didnt say what streetcars do you have?
Old 05-05-2005, 11:03 PM
crazychris7

1:1 cars are the following:
02 Ford Lightning (871/923 ATW not bad for a truck ill drive around town on the weekends... With pump gas)
92 Mustang coupe with a turbo 351 in it (748/794 ATW not fully tuned yet, still have some bugs from switching to 110 octane)
04 F250 crew 4x4 6.0 (full banks 6 Gun kit, , propane injection.. you name it, its got it.. not dyno tuned yet)
05 F150 Screw 4x4 Lariat 5.4 (wifes truck, not allowed to play with it)
660 Raptors (2) , a homemade sandrail with a 350, a 05 Goldwing, CR250, and a 1000RR
40' Weekend Warrior to haul all my stuff around

and for RC's.. where to start...
Hot Bodies Lightning Stadium Pro and RR (2)
Traxxas Stadium Maxx, T Maxx and Rustler
Associated MGT, TC4, RC18
Sportwerks Mayhem
Mugen MBX5
TTR EK4 S3
HPI RS4 3 18ss, Micro RS4

Lets just say im pretty comfortable for being 28... god i love being a R&D guy for a certian high tech company... oh yea, and most of it is already paid for, except the 150 and 250... Ill get the reciever out and try another radio combo in it tomorrow, hopefully that cures it all, if not ill be soo pissed....

Chris

EDIT: Does dirt really affect a reciever like this tho? how would you clean it? i dont really want to ship it to airtronics and wait forever to get it all back... But i swapped in a AM Airtronics Blazer system... ill see what that does and hopefully it fixes it all!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.