Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Truggy
Reload this Page >

Unofficial ALL TRUGGY THREAD.. Hotbodies, GS, MUGEN,Conversions.pix/Video

Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

Unofficial ALL TRUGGY THREAD.. Hotbodies, GS, MUGEN,Conversions.pix/Video

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2005, 02:52 AM
xdamxincx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Official ALL TRUGGY THREAD.. Hotbodies, GS, MUGEN,Conversions.pix/Video

i havent know dirt to be the culprit .. unless it was soaked in nitro .. normally old age .. or violent vibrations like jarring wrecks where the foam tape doesnt help.. or nitro or water gets to it ...
Old 05-06-2005, 06:37 AM
S T E V E

Default RE: Official ALL TRUGGY THREAD.. Hotbodies, GS, Conversions..etc...

ORIGINAL: crazychris7

I finally got myself to buy a few servos today for the LSRR. I got a new 645mg for my throttle (old 645 from the truck went to the savage) and a Ace Hobby/TTR ultra digital for the steering... .108 @ 180 oz... I dont think ill have probs with steering EVER AGAIN! this thing is NUTS! [X(] plus for under $100 ya cant lose. It has a alum heatsink and all, NICE servo, and performance is unreal. and of course, i didnt take a pic of it before i threw it in there but if you have someone locally that sells TTR stuff, ask them about it, its a great servo for the price... ill get some pics of it next time the trucks apart Heres some pics with the cut bwties and a comparison with reg and cut tires.. too bad the cut ones are on the offset wheels and the uncut are standard... the uncut ones are from danny beers truck, and the cut ones are from Bobby Tillmans truck RACE PROVEN

Chris
Nice coincidence. bought myself an LSP yesterday and later on that day went to the LHS to get the exact same servo's :P I have Hitec 945MG's on the throttle/braking with the Ace Hobby/TTR ultra digital on steering in the REVO and HYPER 7 but decided that for the LSP the 645MG is more than enough with the Ace Hobby/TTR ultra digital on steering.

yet to run the LSP. :P cant wait.

Steve.
Old 05-06-2005, 07:47 AM
IslandSavage

Default RE: Official ALL TRUGGY THREAD.. Hotbodies, GS, MUGEN,Conversions.pix/Video

****UPDATE****

Well... im getting tired of waiting for the LHS on my engine, after they got the order wrong. i think im just gonna buy a Novarossi S412B that i know another LHS has in stock or a modded one from www.ebmods.com (worth it for an extra $30). Its been like 2 going on 3 weeks and im just tired of letting the truggy sit there. So i think thats gonna happen this weekend for sure.......
Old 05-06-2005, 10:04 AM
Eracer76

From everything Ive read and heard, the EB mod engines are well worth it.
Sometime soon Im going to ditch this fuel hog SH.28 and get me a nice EB modded P5 for my LSP
Old 05-06-2005, 11:02 AM
crazychris7

Well also, its not even 6 months old... Its the Airtronics MX3 Synthesised system... no crystals to break or anything so its realy got me going in a circle. Ill get out to the track a little later and see if the different radio fixes it... it better..

Chris
Old 05-06-2005, 11:15 AM
poor judgement

hey crazychris - sorry to go off topic, but do u have any pics of the sand rail? i have just sold a UVA fugitive in australia that we used for going hunting in the bush, it was fun for 10 years til we kinda killed it...

mad max eat ur heart out!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Db85813.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	67.6 KB
ID:	267726  
Old 05-06-2005, 01:59 PM
fhm101

Well also, its not even 6 months old... Its the Airtronics MX3 Synthesised system... no crystals to break or anything so its realy got me going in a circle. Ill get out to the track a little later and see if the different radio fixes it... it better..

Chris
I've never had any luck with synthisized gear in 8th buggy or MT. It seems to work fine in 10th electric, but every time i've run it in a buggy or monster truck it lasts a short while and gets glitchy. I've tried both Air and JR and both reveivers gave up quickly in the big stuff. The last time i tried it my buggy made all of a half a lap and took off on it's own. Needless to say, I've gone back to hard crystals. I've been watching the spektrum stuff and other than the bad units from the factory it seems to be holding up well in the bug buggies and trucks, but I'm still liking my M8 plus I'm waiting to see what Nimadio does before I make up my mind about switching radios.
Old 05-06-2005, 03:46 PM
hybridstone

Chris
I have the mx-3 w crystal and I cleaned the case and board with electric spray cleaner from radio shack let it air dry and it works like new!!
Old 05-06-2005, 04:10 PM
hybridstone

1st race of the r/c pro series april 18/05 results!! unlimited monster truck 1st place bradley(mugen kuwahara mt)2nd place korn(gs sut pro)3rd place sexton(ofna jammin mt)! A qoute from gs racing's marty korn! : as long as racing is not your job! your number one priority is to have fun!! I agree so many racers at club level are way to serious!! and forget this is just a hobby!!
Old 05-06-2005, 04:14 PM
crazychris7

Weel it ended up being the radio.. imma call airtronics and see what they tell me to do.. But this just sucks...

Chris
Old 05-06-2005, 06:16 PM
IslandSavage

ORIGINAL: hybridstone

1st race of the r/c pro series april 18/05 results!! unlimited monster truck 1st place bradley(mugen kuwahara mt)2nd place korn(gs sut pro)3rd place sexton(ofna jammin mt)! A qoute from gs racing's marty korn! : as long as racing is not your job! your number one priority is to have fun!! I agree so many racers at club level are way to serious!! and forget this is just a hobby!!
I couldnt agree more...just have FUN!!!!!!!!!!lol....but nothing wrong with competition...lol
Old 05-07-2005, 04:00 PM
notfastenough812

hey guys i need a new servo for my gs sut this baby will be raced so ineed something quick and strong any ideas need help choosing buy the way the rtr servos suck i ran about 1/4 of a gallon trough it and allready stripped the steering servos gears
Old 05-07-2005, 07:40 PM
fhm101

Airtronics 94358 is my personal favorite for steering in buggy and MT. I use the same for throttle/brake so I only need to carry one spare.
Old 05-08-2005, 12:45 AM
crazychris7

Ace hobbies ultra torque... great servo for under $100... and heres the rail for ya poor judgement... i have the street tires on it right now, but i have paddles and ribs for when its out playing in the soft stuff! Its not the best looking, but hey.. i built it muself in less than 6 months!!!

Chris
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Qn38577.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	122.8 KB
ID:	268513   Click image for larger version

Name:	Je99685.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	76.3 KB
ID:	268514   Click image for larger version

Name:	Hm23799.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	113.4 KB
ID:	268515   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ic83679.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	122.8 KB
ID:	268516  
Old 05-09-2005, 06:04 PM
hybridstone

nIce rail!! pull start or roto I hear a rumor that rpm may be makin truggy a-arms for the ls and mugen!! and the Ls one's will work with kyosho/ofna/gs as long as you have c hub!
Old 05-09-2005, 08:07 PM
phoenix22

Hey guys... streetracer i replied to it a few posts up... Saxton and jammin guys were running P5's, RB modded rossi .21s and gosch was running a collari (.30 i believe)... had my first problem with the truck today... Was out putting around the track when all of a sudden it just ran off, popped the pipe and hit the tabletop and did a like 2 back/side flips, landing on its lid screaming... i literally jumped off the drivers stand, running up to it when about 20 ft from it it just cut back down and idled... ***??? Well this being the run with the digital servo on the steering/645mg on the throttle, i thought maybe interferance or maybe something came loose, but after taking it apart nothing seemed wrong. I peaked the battery again (was fresh when i brought the truck out, maybe 5 mins of running on a 1200mah nimh pack) checked the wires for tears, antenna wire... everything... Took it back out and itd still do some 1-2 sec bursts where i had no control over the car. When it happened id grab it, look everything over and check it all, then start it back up and itd do it again... I finally got frustrated and literally threw my truck off the track into the grassthinking bad thoughts with a certian combo of trashcan and walking away, but i kept my cool.. im not a guy that gets easily pissed, but seriously i have no clue whats going on with this damn thing. I asked the guy that runs the LHS, and alot of other guys that have been racing for awhile and we all are stumped... copuld it be interferance? reciever? batt pack? servo? Ill try it again tomorrow with the stock throttle servo back in and a diff reciever pack... any ideas guys??? Oh yea, btw.. these cut bowties are AWESOME!!!!!!!1

Chris
i had a simalar problem, execpt that it happened when it started. Maybe your servo has a chip tooth thats hanging on for a while and it sometimes interfers while its running?
Old 05-09-2005, 08:33 PM
burnt3d
My Feedback: (1)

i need some help. im about to get a mugen mbx5 converted to a truggy. he used the jt conversion kit. will this set-up be tough enough to bash with? can i use the same diff oil for both truggy and buggy use? what weights would you guys suggest? will the os max .21 VZ-R(P) ver.2 be a good motor? i have a savage ss 25 for now but am trading a heli for this set-up. any help will be much appreciated. tim
Old 05-09-2005, 08:38 PM
IslandSavage

to me if your just gonna bash then dont bother. plus im not sure the MBX5 will take a pullstart... keep your savage and bash that....
Old 05-09-2005, 10:19 PM
crazychris7

its a bump start... gotta big [EDIT] starter box i lugg around...

INAPPROPRIATE LANGUAGE:
The use of inappropriate, offensive language or language substitutions are not permitted on RCUniverse.com.
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_37.../tm.htm#377662
Old 05-09-2005, 11:37 PM
ZoomX

will the os max .21 VZ-R(P) ver.2 be a good motor?
This is an on road engine and will not work well for off road application. I have tried RB C4 onroad and C3 RG on an buggy and both have low end bog. The powerband only kicks in at midrange. OS VZB Vspec will be a good choice.

im not sure the MBX5 will take a pullstart.
Yes, it will.

BTW, nice job keeping all the truggy info here. Most of the time, I just read but seldom post

My 2 cents
Old 05-10-2005, 07:34 PM
IslandSavage

Cant wait for the weekend to finally break-in the Mach26 for the truggy... been waiting entirely toooo long...
Old 05-10-2005, 07:57 PM
hybridstone

I'm runnin a mach 26 also! great power and reliable as can be!! I think i will try a race 21 to see if they are really gettin 10 min per tank.
Old 05-10-2005, 08:38 PM
bosfan

did jammin make a new truggy? if so, whats the name, and where can i look at it?
Old 05-10-2005, 08:54 PM
IslandSavage

well im using the 60cc header aux tank, so i shouldnt be too worried about fuel consumption with the Mach26....
Old 05-10-2005, 09:07 PM
hybridstone

yes the jammin pics are on this thread a few pages back!! and island your lucky! are r/d is a by the book no bending rule tight [EDIT]

INAPPROPRIATE LANGUAGE:
The use of inappropriate, offensive language or language substitutions are not permitted on RCUniverse.com.
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_37.../tm.htm#377662

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.