Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Truggy
Reload this Page >

Official HPI Hellfire Thread

Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

Official HPI Hellfire Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2006, 01:19 PM
DKNewYork

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Official HPI Hellfire Thread

How is the JP-2 pipe? Do you see any difference. Also I'm new at this, is the JR 9000 servos that good? You people seem to talk about it a lot. That and the Hi tech servos. Is it that big of a difference? Is it just for racing?
Old 03-12-2006, 11:39 PM
durty

ive heard that if you use the 16T that you will wear down youre clutch shoes quickly.
I put the 15T on mine and love it. i keep checking my shoes and theres no abnormal wear that i can see. my brother has a LST2 and my hellfire is a bit faster. and handles better. i'll keep you updated on the shoes. Thay are stock shoes also, thinking about going with porcilin or epoxy shoes.
Old 03-13-2006, 11:30 AM
Dirby

does anybody know the 800 number for H P I ?
i broke the front a arm on my hellfire and went to the lhd and he gave me a package with two a arms in it .
they had the same number on them that was in the book that came with the hellfire.
i started putting one of them on to replace the broken one and somthing didn't look right well the new ones i bought were to long but they had the same number as in the diagram in the book that was included with the hellfire
ok what gives.
where are the right replacement parts and what number are they.
Dirby
Old 03-13-2006, 09:59 PM
Hooter2005

I got my Hellfire last month. I have had it on the track alot. I have crashed alot. I have upgraded the Shock towers, upper plate, Wing on the shock towers, steering servo, Body, Tires, and have only broke one part. The right A-arm. My friends have the Jammin and broke them the first time out. I think the Hellfire is a better and stronger truggy then anything out.
check it out [link]http://www.centralvalleyrcclub.net/pages/wowbb/view_topic.php?id=148&forum_id=13[/link]
Old 03-13-2006, 11:15 PM
faith211

I have an HPI Hellfire for sale if anyone is interested in the truck. I have one of my own and my brother does, but hes going off to college so its gotta go.

Consider it brand new, it's just barely been broken in, and probably had two other tanks after that. Its in immaculate condition.

HiTech servo on it already, we all know about the stock HPI ones. We carried the box outta our LHS for 640 out the door. Hes pretty urgent for money so he said 495 and its yours.
Old 03-14-2006, 06:28 AM
4XADICT
My Feedback: (1)

Not being a smart a**, but did you try puting the rear arm on the front? The package will have one front and one rear arm in it, the rear arm is a good bit longer than the front. Just something to double check.

ORIGINAL: Dirby

does anybody know the 800 number for H P I ?
i broke the front a arm on my hellfire and went to the lhd and he gave me a package with two a arms in it .
they had the same number on them that was in the book that came with the hellfire.
i started putting one of them on to replace the broken one and somthing didn't look right well the new ones i bought were to long but they had the same number as in the diagram in the book that was included with the hellfire
ok what gives.
where are the right replacement parts and what number are they.
Dirby
Old 03-14-2006, 11:34 AM
Dirby

FYI
there were two rear arms in the package.
not one front and one rear.
INTERESTING.
Dirby.
Old 03-14-2006, 03:36 PM
Dirby

WMFF82
did you recieve the reply's to the pm you sent me about the hellfire rolling chassey?
please advise.
Dirby.
Old 03-14-2006, 11:23 PM
carlo71

i have a hellfire for about 1month now i love it ... i am trying to make a list WITH part numbers for the slop fixes for the truck ...
I need anyones hinge pins numbers whether they are lunsford or rc10 gt or whatever ...
I also need the rod ends and or balls from the lsp numbers or savage or whatever you think will be the best ... for new owners to use ..
thank you all
bryan
Old 03-15-2006, 08:09 PM
Kanza

ORIGINAL: carlo71

i have a hellfire for about 1month now i love it ... i am trying to make a list WITH part numbers for the slop fixes for the truck ...
I need anyones hinge pins numbers whether they are lunsford or rc10 gt or whatever ...
I also need the rod ends and or balls from the lsp numbers or savage or whatever you think will be the best ... for new owners to use ..
thank you all
bryan

Try the rod ends for the LST and LST2. They stay tight after some serious abuse. Their only drawbacks are that they're a bit shorter, so you may need longer turnbuckles, and the balls are a pain to pop into the links. The part number is LOSB4020.
Old 03-15-2006, 10:28 PM
rrrcustom

Got mine today and started breaking it in. So far so good. Both my glow plug igniters died so I only got 2 tanks through it. I'll have to wait untill tomorrow to finish, and wind her up.
Old 03-15-2006, 10:59 PM
scuuuba

just wondering what people are doing about the wheel bearing slop in the hellfire? and any for sure fixs on the steering slop.
thanks
Old 03-16-2006, 02:21 AM
the dog

anyone having probs with engine dying? well mine dies after a high speed jump as soon as i let off the gas. any ideas?and does anyone know what part # on the mugen wing kit?
also i put nubz on and that thing is much better to drive. stock tiresare not that good/. foam is to soft.
Old 03-16-2006, 01:43 PM
Dirby

4metorace
sorry it took so long to answer your question,
the flywheel is the ofna three pin flywheel part number 40573 that should work.
it is a little bigger in dia than the one that comes on the stock hellfire motor.
thx Dirby.
Old 03-16-2006, 04:28 PM
ashburg

Hey guys...where can I get the best price on a new Hellfire?
thanks,
ash
Old 03-16-2006, 08:34 PM
chevynova1972350

I am having same problem dying engine after flat out run s
spoke to a couple of guys who think it just may not be run in after 1 gallon ???????
I did lower my shocks and it has really tightened the handling up
Royz
Old 03-16-2006, 11:23 PM
4me2race

Thanks for getting back to me Dirby. Will try it. Thanks, 4me2race
Old 03-17-2006, 08:46 AM
rtcinema

Hey everyone HPI has listened and oh did they listen to us. The only thing's left are the Wing mount, Still? Can buy wing, but no mount... hmmm? And Suspension arms. But for now, treats for everyone:

86546, 86547, 86548 Hellfire Suspension Shafts (Titanium Nitride Coating) $5, $6, $5

87531 Hellfire Billet Steering Plate (Black) $30

86556 Hellfire Billet Front Brace (Black) $34

86557 Hellfire Billet Front Tower Brace (Black) $34

86558 Hellfire Billet Rear Tower Brace (Black) $34

86587 Hellfire Billet Heavy Duty Shock Tower (Black) $43

86583 Hellfire Billet Engine Plate (Purple) $44

86527 Hellfire Front Suspension Mount Adjustable Kick Up $25

86542 Hellfire Top Shock Cap (Purple) $10

More info about the products here: http://www.hpiracing.com/press/pressm.php

For release dates they suspect early May products should become avaliable.

-Ryan
Old 03-17-2006, 10:34 AM
1CE

thats good to see, hope all that stuff will be included with the ss version....that would rock. I hope they come out with the ss version soon, and i hope its a kit i like to build by stuff frum scratch.
Old 03-17-2006, 10:39 AM
ashburg

How's the Hellfire Versus the Ofna Jammin X1 CRT?
Old 03-17-2006, 11:49 AM
rrrcustom

I broke about half of those yesterday![:'(][:@]

I was driving both my RS4 Evo 3, and the Hellfire yesterday. I finally got the engine broke in, and it was running pretty good, better than the RS4. Anyway, after I raced the RS4, I went to go drive the Hellfire. Drove it around for awhile, and it was pretty good, but I seemed to lose the signal after 100 feet or so. I was just getting ready to turn it off, and charge the receiver pack, because I only charged it up for 3 hours the first day, and thought maybe it didn't get a good charge and was dying already. I decided to give it one more go. It took off, faster than I was trying to make it go. Almost full throttle! Right into a house. Broke a shock cap, front shock tower, the lower A arm mount, I haven't looked to see if the suspension pin was bent or not.

While putting the cars away, I realized I left the radio for the RS4 on, and found out they work for each other.

I'm gonna have to get that synthesized radio that I've seen and get a few receivers for it. I've forgotten to turn the radio's off a few times now, and this time it cost me more than batteries.[&o]

The Hellfire was great while it was running though!
Old 03-17-2006, 01:23 PM
1CE

get spektrum man, its great
Old 03-17-2006, 02:26 PM
rtcinema

ORIGINAL: 1CE

get spektrum man, its great

I agree, Just replaced the JR XS3 Pro, with Spektrum's DX3. With the JR I didn't have to have spare crystals, but I still needed to select the channel. The spektrum just selects it automatically like a cordless phone does. Plus ot came with a second receiver so I stuck that in my RS4 18ss and now only have to bring one radio where ever i go.

-Ryan
Old 03-17-2006, 02:48 PM
the dog

chevynova-- hey i find it hard to believe that after a gallon its not broke in. that sounds crazy to me. i have 3/4 gallon through mine and lots of power but still problem with the dying after a hspass or jumping. i called hpi and they said that the lsn and msn might need adjusting. i am at a loss for now. i was messing with yesterday but i still havent figured it out. i am getting really irritated with it.i wonder if its possible if theres a leak on the carb?
Old 03-17-2006, 06:33 PM
chevynova1972350

Hey Dog WELL i THINK IT WAS JUST TOO FAT ON THE TOP END
I got it leaned down to where its just smoking a bit at WOT AND IT SEEMS BETTER
JUST BOUGHT SOME nUBZ ALSO
GONNA TRY IT TOMORROW AND SEE HOW IT RUNS
Royz

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.