Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

Truggy choices

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2006, 12:28 AM
mosavage

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Truggy choices

i have a savage and a jammin buggy. i wanted to get a truggy for the track and i cant make up my mind. i have seen the jammin crts run and man are they awesome. i also have heard that the hellfire is pretty good. they look awesome but i dont know how the hellfire performs. any one running a hellfire and maybe could share their experience and maybe some comparisons between the hell fire and crt would be great.
thanx
Old 04-03-2006, 11:57 AM
miswa

Default RE: Truggy choices

i had my eyes on the hellfire but i ended up with a crt. heard asome problems with the hellfire, and those problems arent just things breaking but they are engineering screw up i think. if you can afford a crt i think its the best choice.
Old 04-03-2006, 02:04 PM
jec1521

CRT is always a good choice, but the Kyosho st-r is supposedly a helluva truggy. It really depends on your budget. Another amazing truck that I have been impressed with is the TTR ST-1. All of the ones that I have seen run have been crazy. It is easily a top xompetitor with the top truggies.
Old 04-03-2006, 03:32 PM
mayhem272

ORIGINAL: miswa

i had my eyes on the hellfire but i ended up with a crt. heard asome problems with the hellfire, and those problems arent just things breaking but they are engineering screw up i think. if you can afford a crt i think its the best choice.
i just ordered a crt kit (backordered not supprised) but everyone at my track runs crt's and they are the people who i call pros so they know how they work/handle/what engiens to use/ how to set up properly for the conditions
i almost got the mugen truggy but i read it has front pillow ball suspension which imo aint good for a truggy
the kyosho is gonna be nicce but its almost $200 more than the crt and id say no to that because the parts arent great around here and my friend said u have to spend about $250 more in graphite to make it with the crt kits
im not sure if thats right but i will be happy with the crt because theres tons of aftermarket parts and stuff too
go with what you want
the hellfire has had a few probs due to engineering not breakage like miswa said and y pay more for a rtr truggy that isnt trust worthy? the hellfire is $600+ most places and the crt rtr is $569 average
Old 04-03-2006, 03:41 PM
proxpilot
My Feedback: (3)

if you do go with the CRT get the KIT not the RTR, many more goodies with the kit
Old 04-03-2006, 04:40 PM
mosavage

money is not an issue. hoooodaaaay,lol. where can i find a jammin kit already built
Old 04-03-2006, 06:46 PM
RC RAC3R

ORIGINAL: mosavage

money is not an issue. hoooodaaaay,lol. where can i find a jammin kit already built
look for a used one....

but it is fun to build it yourself (if capable)...
Old 04-03-2006, 07:19 PM
Wizz Kid

i have a hotbodies LSP with a mach .28 and very proud of it. the steerings a little slow with my servo, but you can just whip that truck into a corner and gun it. it is real fast with its .28 and dirtbonz tires (what truggy wouldnt be?). if you do get a lightning stadium get the kit so you can drop your own servos and motor in it, the weakest point of a lot of vehicles. and the kit has a few more billet parts over the old cast ones, and about 0.1 pounds less of carbon fiber.
Old 04-04-2006, 01:42 PM
noximus

between the hellfire and CRT..i would pick the CRT.
Old 04-04-2006, 02:43 PM
huw4027

I also have a Hotbodies LSP with a XTM 24.7 motor and man this thing flies.
I used the hitec 645mg servo for the steering and got some Proline 40 series wheels and
tires and the truggy handles great. Can't wait till the engine is completely broken in.
Old 04-04-2006, 08:53 PM
karlracing
My Feedback: (9)

i have and imo the hot bodies pro-r is the best truck out right now. im running it with a novarossi 528 modified,works clutch, and a jp-2 pipe. i dare any crt to try and keep up with me! also i have done the steering mods as described on truggyracers.com and i can out steer the crt!
Old 04-05-2006, 04:01 AM
zero74

ORIGINAL: RC RAC3R

ORIGINAL: mosavage

look for a used one....

but it is fun to build it yourself (if capable)...
If money is not an issue, seriously check out the newest truggy on the block, kyosho mp777 st-r. It looks killer and will be the next flavor of the month IMO, but the price was too steep for me. I got a jammin rtr and am happy with it so far. You can also get good info on truggys at truggyracers.com
Old 04-05-2006, 01:50 PM
huw4027

Very impressive, that thing must fly........