Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

mammoth st

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2006, 01:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default mammoth st

has anyone here tried putting a sh .28 motor in the mammoth st with 2 gears?
if so what pipe did you use and what were the results?
Old 07-21-2006, 12:34 PM
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: mammoth st

My friend, ssj2, he has the XTM .28 in his Mammoth ST. The XTM .28 is the same engine as the SH .28(SH makes XTM engines). He uses the stock Mammoth ST pipe and runs the 2 speed. His sounds and runs great. Shifts into second flawlessly.
Old 07-21-2006, 03:06 PM

Yo, I do have the XTM .28 in my truck and what a difference it has made compared to the XTM 24.7. My truck takes off well, and has a lot of power, I would suggest using the JP-1 pipe on a Mammoth ST with the SH/XTM .28 engine. That's what I'm gonna do, and I hope it works out well. The stock pipe and 2 speed is OK for me now too.
Old 07-21-2006, 03:19 PM

I have a Sirio .30 in mine and it rips. I took out the 2 speed and put in the center diff so it would handle better.
Old 07-23-2006, 05:43 PM

cool thanks,i installed everything but now i'm having trouble tuning it in and keeping it started
Old 07-23-2006, 08:31 PM

Once you get passed the tuning issues, everything is great from there. Of course, you'll need to tune according to weather conditions, but you should've known that before you went into the hobby. For me, I have to adjust constantly, for keeping it started, try applying a little bit of throttle when you start it. That's what I do, just enough to get the thing started, do not use full throttle, maximum should be 1/4 throttle. [&:]