Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

Hellfire tires!

Old 08-24-2006, 10:03 PM
TopElimn8r

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hellfire tires!

I'm looking for a set of bashing tires for my revo. The guys at my LHS were raving about the stock hellfire tires the other day. Do you guys think they are a good all around tire. I was planning on trying to fit them on a standard maxx/savage wheel (pro-line 2663-04). I have a set of the 1/2" offset dish wheels laying around that i want to put the tires on.

Thanks

Rich
Old 08-25-2006, 10:34 AM
WPGguy

Default RE: Hellfire tires!

stock hellfire tires are ass.

i baught some for my crt allong with some nice rims cause i think the HF tires look nice but man o man do they suck the big one.
I couldn't even sell them almost new with 2 laps on them to the hellfire guys.... with brand new rims...... for $20.....
Old 08-25-2006, 01:48 PM
CaptBags

I thought the stock tires hooked up amazingly well for what they are. They did well in grass, pavement, and, most dirt i bashed in. they showed 0 wear after all the breakin and, prolly a gallon of bashing around. They are real soft so they stick to almost anything. Of course they are better tires for specific situations but for all around - i think they are nice.
Old 08-25-2006, 05:24 PM
TopElimn8r

WPGguy what wheels did you mount them on? I noticed that they have a 2mm smaller mounting diameter than a standard maxx/savage wheel. Although i don't think that the size is that big of an issue. They should be able to stretch enough to get them on these wheels. I would be using them mostly on grass and pavement. I'm looking for a good bashing tire so i'm not to concerned how well they hook-up on the track. My pythons and bow-ties do not like the pavement it shreds them. I need to keep my racing tires in decent shape so that when i do race i'm not trying to go around the track with worn out nubz on them.

Rich

Old 09-01-2006, 07:00 PM
DahlELama

I run a set of the Hellfire tires on my Savage and I think they are great. Especially for grass, pavement etc. I have yet to run them on the track but will soon. I mounted them up to a set of HPI 6 spokes.

Old 10-15-2006, 01:30 PM
sitfly36

the tires are the best out there.