Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Truggy
Reload this Page >

need advise! matrix tr arena

Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

need advise! matrix tr arena

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2007, 12:14 AM
freeicc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need advise! matrix tr arena

I just bought matrix Tr arena! (thanks very much to Dan at vg racing---http://www.vgracing.com/)
I could not be happier from the support from vg and cen just on helping me make my choice. My point is I need a complete list of what you think (people with matrix tr arena) That i need right away for the rtr ?Also will a sart box work with the stock set up on my matrix tr ? And is there a way to change the back engine mount ,bracket what ever its called where the pull start is ? I am new to truggy and have really Enjoyed These Forums !

I want to think Eveyone who helps people like me get started ! With good advise!
Please give me your advise i have found more than a few in these forums but need them on one topic for me !
thank you thank you think you,
ICC
Old 03-01-2007, 03:38 AM
Mystikal8885

Default RE: need advise! matrix tr arena

You will need the steering servo arm...MXS41. The Ofna Chrome top with 12v motor is the starter box you are looking for. There is no backplate that would fit perfect that I know of. You will have to modify a backplate from another brand of motor to make it work and I dont know which to recommend. I use the starter box and I left my pull start on it and it works fine. You may want to replace the plastic rear toe block with the CNC upgrade. There are many to choose from offering different toe and anti squat setups. I use T3S1 rear toe block. You will want to upgrade your shock oil putting a heavier weight of oil..... for example 40wt in the front and 35wt in the rear. That's a pretty good starting point. Be careful any bolt or screw you notice that is attached to the chassis or metal has red lock-tite on them. Use a soldiering iron to heat the bolt to get the lock-tite to melt. I learnt the hard way, but with a little patience it will save you time and money. I highly recommend the starter box it makes life so much easier, and get the servo arm as it would be the first thing to break. The truck is tough, not much has to be done and you will have to decide what setup you will want to do with your diffs as there are so many different setups used by many of the Arena drivers right now. I use Gene Hickerson diff conversion kit in my Arena and it makes a difference since I am a racer. Another good upgrade that you may want to get is the Blue aluminum clutch shoes and gold springs.
Old 03-01-2007, 10:41 AM
freeicc

Default RE: need advise! matrix tr arena

Thank you, for your tips . How much anti squat do I want ? I knew about the MXS41. Do the gold springs come with the blue shoes or is there a seperate part number?"1.0 1.1 " which ones?
GSS16 clutch. I will try yout tip with soildering gun!!!!!!!
PLEASE I need more tips about motor break in and other first time user tip .
THANK YOU,
ICC