Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Truggy
Reload this Page >

Official Hyper ST thread!!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

Official Hyper ST thread!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2007, 09:52 AM
sirvancealott

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Official Hyper ST thread!!

ORIGINAL: nye

I hope you havent purchased a new engine for your hyper st yet. The problem isnt the engine, its the fuel tank. I know this sounds crazy but if you reverse the fuel tank in the chassis it will run great once the engine is tuned.
That does sound crazy! How did you figure that out? What problem does it solve by doing that?
Old 06-18-2007, 05:09 PM
Joe RC

Hi I have a hyper st also than runs like crap (thought it was the motor). You mean just to turn the fuel tank 180 degrees? Do you keep the fuel lines the same or do you reverse them to? (What the hell made you think to do this, just out of curiousity?)

Thanks,
Joe, WI
Old 06-19-2007, 11:57 AM
sirvancealott

Hey Joe, have you run your hyper ST since we figured out the fuel lid issue? Did that help? I just put in the Picoo P3. Its definately a better engine, easier to start and tune. The temp still wants to climb to about 270-280, but the temp is not running erradically like with the Mac Star. Plenty of power too.
Old 06-19-2007, 02:22 PM
Joe RC

hey sirvanceallot. I have got my motor running since we figured out the fuel lid problem but havn;t really noticed and change in the performance of the motor. How did yours turn out? Where i did notice a big difference was i tried my brothers fuel (Blue thunder) and that made a night a day differnce (very consistent temperatures and more power). I have been running o'donnell 20% and just can't get it to run very well (temperature fluctuates a lot and just comes out of the hole like a tug boat). Don't really understand why it wouldn't run good on a supposedly better fuel, but i am determined to get it to run right on the o'donnell (atleast til this gallon is gone or i blow the motor up which i don't really care, then its just an excuse to buy a better motor). Any suggestions why it would be runnung like this on o'donnell fuel? I am running a o'donnell med/hot glow plug.

Thanks again,
Joe, WI
Old 06-19-2007, 03:47 PM
sirvancealott

I'm baffled. I decided not even to use the ODonnell fuel, just in case that was the issue. I broke in my new P3 motor with trinity break in fuel (20% oil), then switched to the regular RTR Trinity fuel which has 16% oil, including castor oil. I believe that the O'Donnell race fuel has only 12%oil with no castor but I'm not sure. I would say it was the O'Donnel fuel. Also, what is the ambient air temurature where you are from. Its at least 90 degrees outside, so I think that is part of my problem keeping mine to run cool. But, my highest temp after some pretty hard driving was only 281. The Pico stayed at 250-265 most of the time. With my macstar, I would always be at about 275 and it would often spike up to 300, once to 385!
Old 06-20-2007, 12:05 AM
herb99

Cut a hole in the front window to keep the temps down.
Have a read of this article. http://www.cmldistribution.co.uk/pro...view_May07.pdf
Old 06-20-2007, 10:01 AM
sirvancealott

ORIGINAL: herb99

Cut a hole in the front window to keep the temps down.
Have a read of this article. http://www.cmldistribution.co.uk/pro...view_May07.pdf
I already did that. Actually I just read an interesting string on here about engine temps. A lot of guys are running their engines 300-350 degrees with no problems. I'll see if I can find it and post it here.
Old 06-20-2007, 06:41 PM
Joe RC

ya even when my mac star was running just about perfect with the blue thunder fuel it was running at about 300-310, which i really didn't care about cause it was finally running good and i could care less if i blew it up. Sirvanceallot, it has been about 85 degrees pretty steady up here, so maybe thats one of the reasons it was running on the hotter side. (I have been running it with no body so i know thats not the problem.) I'm looking at getting a o.s. max .21 v-spec now after i see most racers are using .21 size engines and i am looking at racing in the short future. I'm guessing that the o'donnell is just to high of a performance fuel for the crappy mac star, cause i here a lot of people running the o'donnell and they swear by it so it can't be a bad fuel or nothing. Any body else have problems running o'donnell?

Thanks,
Joe, WI
Old 06-20-2007, 07:22 PM
sirvancealott

ORIGINAL: Joe RC

ya even when my mac star was running just about perfect with the blue thunder fuel it was running at about 300-310, which i really didn't care about cause it was finally running good and i could care less if i blew it up. Sirvanceallot, it has been about 85 degrees pretty steady up here, so maybe thats one of the reasons it was running on the hotter side. (I have been running it with no body so i know thats not the problem.) I'm looking at getting a o.s. max .21 v-spec now after i see most racers are using .21 size engines and i am looking at racing in the short future. I'm guessing that the o'donnell is just to high of a performance fuel for the crappy mac star, cause i here a lot of people running the o'donnell and they swear by it so it can't be a bad fuel or nothing. Any body else have problems running o'donnell?

Thanks,
Joe, WI
I have also noticed a lot of racers use the .21 size engines in the truggy class, but I have no idea why. OS makes a good engine, so I've read. If you do stay with the .28, I can tell you that the P3 is a way better engine than the mac-star. It has a lot more power.
Old 06-20-2007, 08:56 PM
Joe RC

hey sirvanceallot. I think a lot of racers use .21 instead .28 cause the .28 just have more power than you need and the .21 get better fuel mileage. Just a thought but not 100% sure. I read an article on the o.s. .21 v-spec in the hellfire RTR and they swapped the stock motor out (.28) for the o.s. .21 and supposedly it had more power than the stock motor.

Old 06-21-2007, 07:13 AM
nitro _ burner

ORIGINAL: Joe RC

hey sirvanceallot. I think a lot of racers use .21 instead .28 cause the .28 just have more power than you need and the .21 get better fuel mileage. Just a thought but not 100% sure. I read an article on the o.s. .21 v-spec in the hellfire RTR and they swapped the stock motor out (.28) for the o.s. .21 and supposedly it had more power than the stock motor.

they use .21 i think because of racing rules or different classes. and yes your right they use less fuel, and have that extra few revvs, which are great for those tight tracks.
A good .21 can out run a good .28 anyday.
Old 06-21-2007, 07:59 AM
supertib

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

28's sometimes have too much power and can make driving more difficult.... But dont be fooled, no .21 is going to outrun a strong 28 in any form of a straightline race.....
Old 06-23-2007, 08:26 AM
nitro _ burner

ORIGINAL: supertib

28's sometimes have too much power and can make driving more difficult.... But dont be fooled, no .21 is going to outrun a strong 28 in any form of a straightline race.....
There are many variables that determine wether a .21 would beat a .28.
It all comes down to preference realy, around the track a .21 CAN AND WILL perform as good as most .28's.
Old 06-24-2007, 09:13 PM
SavageSpawn
My Feedback: (2)

Does any one have any pic?
Old 06-24-2007, 10:12 PM
jrau13

Not to be rude but of what?
Old 06-25-2007, 06:29 AM
nitro _ burner

I think he means of a .21 in a trug. am i right??
Old 06-25-2007, 06:45 PM
SavageSpawn

Sorry... I want to see Pics of someones Hyper St. .
Old 06-25-2007, 08:00 PM
Wolvenborn

Ordered my Hyper ST tonight. Will be taking many pictures in a couple days once it arrives. stay tuned.
Old 06-26-2007, 08:36 AM
nitro _ burner

ORIGINAL: Wolvenborn

Ordered my Hyper ST tonight. Will be taking many pictures in a couple days once it arrives. stay tuned.
Cool, dont forget to keep us informed on its performance etc.
Old 06-26-2007, 07:00 PM
Wolvenborn

Will do Nitro. Well....I will to the best of my ability. I'll have nothing to compare it's performance to, so I'll just have to go completely by feel. Not doing any upgrades right out of the box, but plan on taking it to the track for a few whole days next week after I get the engine broke in.
Old 06-29-2007, 08:05 PM
jaywax

Here are some pics of the Hyper ST Pro.

http://www.hyper8.co.uk/forum/index.php?showtopic=374
Old 06-29-2007, 10:28 PM
SavageSpawn

I did not realize the Hyper ST was based on the Hyper 7. So when is there going to be a hyper 8 truggy or is there not much difference between a hyper 7 and hyper 8.
Old 06-30-2007, 02:15 AM
coololdude

The hyper ST is based off the hyper 8 ....not the hyper 7.............
Old 07-04-2007, 05:14 AM
javed

I put 1/2 gallon fuel through my hyper st- all running in desert sand, up dunes and jumps and all. Tireless performance, reliable and nothing broken. Lovely ride. Can someone tell me if 2 speed for st is any good? is it worth it?
Old 07-04-2007, 07:03 AM
adam-69

hey i was wondering if you guys knew which would be more powerfull (faster) in a hyper st, the stock mach .28 or a go .28 (not the new 6p red headed one).

cheers

adam

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.