Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Truggy
Reload this Page >

OFFICIAL Losi 8ight rtr thread!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

OFFICIAL Losi 8ight rtr thread!

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2007, 03:59 PM
sunco1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OFFICIAL Losi 8ight rtr thread!

i havent seen one of these yet so i decided to post one. i really like the body on the the new 8ight. i havent heard anything on the proformance yet though....any body planning on getting one or have one?
Old 06-12-2007, 10:37 AM
blktransam

Default RE: OFFICIAL Losi 8ight rtr thread!

I have the 8ight-t race roller and love it...also have the 8ight buggy and love it, I race both of them
Old 06-12-2007, 04:49 PM
coololdude

oh man for a minute there I thought someone had already got an RTR 8ight-T ....I setting here waiting for my lhs to get theres in ...."L" ...being in calie I figure we'll be the last ones to get the RTR's....
Old 06-13-2007, 01:46 PM
sunco1

when are they suppsoed to get realeased? and i think they should lower the price just a tad. i know its very high quality but a beginner that wants a good truggy...this aint it...
Old 06-13-2007, 02:03 PM
Pedsaktix

I know if I search the web I'll get my answers but to expedite it I thought I just ask you guys who knows on top of their heads..

So here it goes.. What are the difference between the KIT and the RTR? Im looking to get myself a Truggy soon and right now, I can't really pin point what I want.. Of'course I wouldn't bother if my budget is not a concern so, I would like the best bang for my dough!

If its not much to ask.. I would appreciate your .02 on the this.
Old 06-13-2007, 06:42 PM
Coopz

The RTR 8ight buggy was not that impressive, they cut a few corners in keeping the price down, be interesting to see what they have done with the Truggy.
Old 06-14-2007, 03:18 PM
DriftProjectR

they took the same route in keeping the RTR truggy price down as well. that completely sucks.
Old 06-14-2007, 08:34 PM
sunco1

ORIGINAL: Pedsaktix

I know if I search the web I'll get my answers but to expedite it I thought I just ask you guys who knows on top of their heads..

So here it goes.. What are the difference between the KIT and the RTR? Im looking to get myself a Truggy soon and right now, I can't really pin point what I want.. Of'course I wouldn't bother if my budget is not a concern so, I would like the best bang for my dough!

If its not much to ask.. I would appreciate your .02 on the this.

do you wanna race or basH? and i dont rely like the body. i think its to square
Old 06-15-2007, 08:05 PM
_BEN_

www.pchobbies.com has an 8ight-t sitting on their counter right now.

The truck looks pretty good. I may buy it for myself.

The center diff on the one they had there was leaking. And the back portion of the chassis seemed very flimsy. If I put one finger on the back shock tower and one finger on the front shock tower and try to push them together you will be able to see the dogbone side of the CVD's move back and fourth in their cups about 1mm. Sometimes a little give is good but I am not sure if any flex would be appropiate in this area.

I'm no expert on this but to me it looks like the truck would benefit from beefier diff braces. And maybe some extra re-enforcement.
Note: there was not a motor mount on the chassis at the time.
Old 06-16-2007, 01:56 AM
MBX5T Maniac
My Feedback: (-1)

ORIGINAL: Coopz

The RTR 8ight buggy was not that impressive, they cut a few corners in keeping the price down, be interesting to see what they have done with the Truggy.
The 8ight rtr is very nice for a rtr. They do have a cheaper chassis, shock towers and stuff, but compared to what other companies, *cough* Kyosho *cough*, skimp on in their rtr buggies
Old 06-17-2007, 12:22 AM
aznx2fine

hi guys, i've ordered an 8ight race roler with an o.s. 30 VG and rdlogics tuned pipe, all coming thursday afternoon, i'll post what i find with it. i usually never post, just read along, but i'm too excited about this truggy so i'll keeps whoever is interested posted with updates on my findings
Old 06-17-2007, 01:25 AM
Luggy

If the 8ight T RTR is as bad as the 8ight Buggy RTR plan on buying upgrades right away. Chassis flex and weak shock towers were the first things I replaced and probably will be the first on the T'. As much as I hate to say it Losi's quality seems to have gone down hill especially with RTR stuff. If I planned to race even a little or do any serious hard bashing a RTR would not be a good choice.
Old 06-17-2007, 09:10 AM
coololdude

you guys really think it's going to be that cheap???....no I mean the quality..."L"...I know it's going to have a huffty price tag...you would think they would package there best stuff for everyone to have and enjoy...I thought it was going to be a race roller with the 427 and the DX 2.0..."sigh"
Old 06-17-2007, 02:49 PM
The_Lost_Otter

I hope it's not as bad as my 8ight buggy, To many servos and had a run awway yesterday[:'(].

How much do you think an 8ight B roller would be? The body isn't even scratched.

EDIT: the truck looks like it might have some potencual.
Old 06-19-2007, 10:13 AM
aznx2fine

i've re-read my post and i actually meant to say "8IGHT T", not 8ight, how do i post pix of my new truck? It's comin' in two days! i'm sure you all know the extreme feeling of excitement when a new r/c is on the way
Old 08-02-2007, 06:27 AM
crshtst1

I have an eight rtr w- a JR super torque in front and the 590 at the throttle brake position. I am hearing about the throttle servo going out alot in these buggies and cannot see what everyone is talking about. Are you guys setting your endpoints correctly? I have the brakes applying with about 30% percent range of motion. and the throttle fully opening at about 80%. Check your endpoints, the guy I bought this from had the 590 up front and the juicy digi torque in the REAR. I switched them so the front has steering. I have the kit shocktower up front and am in the process of getting the rear. I'll be beefing up the chassis to the kit version or maybe a nice aftermarket plate too. The car is very well designed though, central mass theme, and I only had 1 issue with the shimming of the clutchbell. Setting the clutchbell mesh is something that will take practice. There is a plastic space insert in the tank you can remove for a little more fuel in the tank and you don't have to worry about the car running out of fuel when flipped on it's lid, it has an aviation style tank.
Old 08-02-2007, 11:23 AM
coololdude

Well I haven't posted in here since I got my truck....I ended up getting the roller...the RTR was just not stout enough for my driving.."LOL"......[8D]..
Old 08-02-2007, 02:19 PM
crshtst1

This is supposed to be the buggy thread. Truggies are lame, kinda like a buggy with training wheels.
Old 08-02-2007, 02:49 PM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

No, this is the truggy thread, and truggies are now faster around most tracks than the buggies. I race both.
Old 08-02-2007, 03:33 PM
The_Lost_Otter

ORIGINAL: coololdude

you guys really think it's going to be that cheap???....no I mean the quality..."L"...I know it's going to have a huffty price tag...you would think they would package there best stuff for everyone to have and enjoy...I thought it was going to be a race roller with the 427 and the DX 2.0..."sigh"

i know its goin to be that cheap
Old 08-02-2007, 04:42 PM
coololdude

One to many dude????....forgot what thread you were in..."LMAOROTF"....[&:]......
Old 08-02-2007, 09:40 PM
MT

ORIGINAL: crshtst1

This is supposed to be the buggy thread. Truggies are lame, kinda like a buggy with training wheels.
[sm=drowning.gif]
You better tell your mom, your little brother is making silly posts using your screen name again.
Old 08-06-2007, 01:46 PM
webdr

I got my 8ight T the other day, I have not even set the EPA or broken it it yet. Im excited, this is a nice truck!
Heres my toy:
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Cz79790.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	42.2 KB
ID:	737001   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gb90128.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	49.4 KB
ID:	737002  
Old 08-07-2007, 08:07 PM
PitBullViciouz831

Hello, I got myself an 8ight-T race roller I'm converting to brushless so I have no need for a throttle servo but what kind of torque should I be looking for as far as the steering servo is concerned?
Old 08-08-2007, 02:44 AM
coololdude

You'll need something at or over 200 in/oz...that way you'll be able to turn that bullet..."L"

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.