Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Truggy
Reload this Page >

Please help me with break-in! Idle through 3 tanks?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

Please help me with break-in! Idle through 3 tanks?

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2007, 12:56 PM
carsglore

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please help me with break-in! Idle through 3 tanks?

How the heck am I supposed to idle through three tanks if I can't get my CEN Matrix TR Arena to idle for more than five seconds?! I tried feathering the throttle, adjusting the idle speed, setting the needles to factory settings and loosening the glow plug, SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME!

Could somebody walk me through the break-in?
Old 07-12-2007, 02:00 PM
aer-wubby

Default RE: Please help me with break-in! Idle through 3 tanks?

You don't idle.. Bad method of break-in in the short and long run. Follow this engine break-in guide; http://www.johnnycoolguy.com/JCGR/ma..._break-in.html

From factory settings, lean out the needles 1/4 turn right off the bat. Factory settings are set way rich for a smooth Heat-Cycle break in (which the engine should be reaching 200F from start to finish on break in).
Old 07-12-2007, 08:02 PM
carsglore

Ok, the break-in is done, I drove around real rich for five tanks at around 230 degrees, I had to wrap the cooling head and crankcase in many layers of aluminum foil but I did it! It was 95 degrees outside today so I was suprised it wouldn't get up to temp.

Anyway, I tried to change the needle setting to the "after break in settings" mentioned in the manual but then the engine wouldn't start no matter how much I pulled, feathered the throttle, loosened the glow plug, changed the glow plug, but no luck, please! somebody help!
Old 07-13-2007, 08:50 AM
carsglore

Never mind, it was my LSN setting, all is well.
Old 07-13-2007, 05:05 PM
warriorking

Hey Carsglore

Looks like this is your first nitro.......Glad to hear you got it working.......I had similar issues when I started years ago. I was mostly into 5th scale but got into nitro.
I tell you......... with these nitro rc the learning curve is very very steep you learn a lot very fast, Which is part of the hobby

Happy RCing
Old 07-13-2007, 11:04 PM
azzman

ORIGINAL: carsglore

Ok, the break-in is done, I drove around real rich for five tanks at around 230 degrees, I had to wrap the cooling head and crankcase in many layers of aluminum foil but I did it! It was 95 degrees outside today so I was suprised it wouldn't get up to temp.

Anyway, I tried to change the needle setting to the "after break in settings" mentioned in the manual but then the engine wouldn't start no matter how much I pulled, feathered the throttle, loosened the glow plug, changed the glow plug, but no luck, please! somebody help!
Generally you dont just change the needle settings to after break in settings, its more a gradual thing, like after every tank or half tank you lean the engine out more and more until it gets to those settings...