Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Truggy
Reload this Page >

JR Or Hitech? Which Would You Choose?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.
View Poll Results: A poll
Hitech Robotic 330 oz Torque Servo
46.34%
JR Z9000T Servo
53.66%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

JR Or Hitech? Which Would You Choose?

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2007, 10:59 PM
Tweedybird

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JR Or Hitech? Which Would You Choose?

Hey all,

I've been using Hitech Robotic servos for my steering for about 5 years now,
and I was about to jump ship to JR and pickup there z9000t & s for my truggy.

Would like to get some feed back on them if you would be so kind.
Thanks

Tweedy
Old 12-16-2007, 08:40 AM
l3asher

Default RE: JR Or Hitech? Which Would You Choose?

Its worked for 5 years why change? If I wanted to change I would run the Hitec 5955.
Old 12-16-2007, 08:51 AM
Tweedybird

Good point, still, looking for other options, better or worse.
Perhaps someone thats used both, can comment on whats better.
I also believe that the JR's have more torque thats the main reason.

Tweedy
Old 12-16-2007, 10:58 AM
revopqrs

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the way i see it... if you buy a hitec youll run it for a long time, then if it fails you get a second for free! hard to beat that!! hitec has always taken care of me, ill stick with them.
ive had terrible luck with jr....
Old 12-16-2007, 11:20 AM
Chopped02

I've been using the 9000T on my truggy for a year now with no issues. They have a 3 year warranty on them too so if I destroy it, I just send it back and get a new one.
Old 12-16-2007, 12:46 PM
unsober1

I do not have JR servos. but I dont believe in that 3 year warrentee.. Many local racers have been denied the free replacement, but offered like 40-50 bucks to fix the servo.

i run Hitec servos for 3 years now and have toasted 3. Two of them I sent in and were replace for free. The other was a run away that went into a river....Never bothered to send that one in....
Old 12-16-2007, 04:14 PM
ProRCRacer88

well i use jr/airtronics servos and never had a problem with none acept a few of the cheap airtronics servos i had. Also like that the aluminum servos horns i buy will fit both or KO Propo servos. Never tried Hitec servos yet (so i didnt vote) but from my experiences with JR servos, they are good stuff. Im getting 1 in the future when i need it.
Old 12-16-2007, 05:45 PM
hkenvy91

i just put in a jr9100t in my truck and it rocks with all that power
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ig11233.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	75.0 KB
ID:	827219  
Old 12-16-2007, 06:24 PM
Krawlin

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have noticed that on my nitro's, the Hitec servos go out alot faster from vibration. I now only use Hitec servo's in my electric trucks. JR on the other hand have been awesome in my nitro trucks. They hold up to the vibration of my nitro trucks great, very powerful, even with a 4 AA reciever battery, and you can't beat the three year warranty! And I have also noticed that the metal gears in the JR servos are stronger and less prone to stripping then the metal gears in the Hitec's that I have owned. If I were you, go for the JR. You wont be dissapointed.
Old 12-16-2007, 06:55 PM
2DMaxLST!!

I've owned this servo for over a year. It served me well in the Muggy and now the XT8.

Examine the exif data with the photo, this was taken today after 3hrs of track time.

I have a 9000s that I need to send back to horizon, it died. I think specific models of servos are almost as important as the manufacturer, kinda like computers.

After a year in brutal environments, this model of Hitech earned 2 spots in my prized R/C....
Old 12-16-2007, 10:42 PM
gtsum

both are good servos...I ran hitec 5955tg's on my revo and liked them - now I run JR9000T and 9000S on my xray and like em as well...it is personal preference...I like the feel of the JR's better - I have about 10 gallons (between two RC''s) on mine and they are still going strong....I did break a couple of the 5955tg's, but Hitec replaced them both, no questions asked..they have great customer service..
Old 12-17-2007, 04:31 PM
MikeMayberry
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: Jolly Roger Pirate

I have noticed that on my nitro's, the Hitec servos go out alot faster from vibration. I now only use Hitec servo's in my electric trucks. JR on the other hand have been awesome in my nitro trucks. They hold up to the vibration of my nitro trucks great, very powerful, even with a 4 AA reciever battery, and you can't beat the three year warranty! And I have also noticed that the metal gears in the JR servos are stronger and less prone to stripping then the metal gears in the Hitec's that I have owned. If I were you, go for the JR. You wont be dissapointed.
What Hitec servos are you referring to? You can't just throw them all into one category as we make servos at all levels. If comparing the top of the line Hitec servos to all other brands top of the line servos they will be just as, if not more durable in Nitro vehicles.

Most high performance servos will not work properly with 4AA's as the internal resistance in the batteries is way too high so they cannot supply the power the servos require... you should always use a 5 cell Nicad/Nimh or 2S lipo with 6V 10A regulator for optimum performance.

You'll never strip a Hitec Titanium geared servo, nor will they show any signs of wear over the life of the servos unlike other brands that sometimes can develop slop very quickly.

The fact of the matter is that all servo manufactures top of the line servos are excellent, choose what you feel will do the best for you but its tough to beat the 5955TG's performance, durability, and warranty.

FYI: You should use the 5955TG for R/C, not the 5995TG robot servo as the travel is set to 180 degrees which would require you to set your EPA lower which lowers the resolution (steps) in the servo. It also does not come with the heatsink case.

Mike Mayberry
Hitec RCD USA.
Old 12-17-2007, 04:47 PM
Tweedybird

ORIGINAL: MikeMayberry

What Hitec servos are you referring to? You can't just throw them all into one category as we make servos at all levels. If comparing the top of the line Hitec servos to all other brands top of the line servos they will be just as, if not more durable in Nitro vehicles.

Most high performance servos will not work properly with 4AA's as the internal resistance in the batteries is way too high so they cannot supply the power the servos require... you should always use a 5 cell Nicad/Nimh or 2S lipo with 6V 10A regulator for optimum performance.

You'll never strip a Hitec Titanium geared servo, nor will they show any signs of wear over the life of the servos unlike other brands that sometimes can develop slop very quickly.

The fact of the matter is that all servo manufactures top of the line servos are excellent, choose what you feel will do the best for you but its tough to beat the 5955TG's performance, durability, and warranty.

FYI: You should use the 5955TG for R/C, not the 5995TG robot servo as the travel is set to 180 degrees which would require you to set your EPA lower which lowers the resolution (steps) in the servo. It also does not come with the heatsink case.

Mike Mayberry
Hitec RCD USA.

The servos in question were the 5995TG Robotic Servo 330 Oz of Torque vs the JR Z9000T or Z9100T which I think is newer with even more torque. But yes I do agree with the point of lowering the EPA
If I do decide to go with another Hitech the R/C version will be the one to get.

Old 12-17-2007, 10:51 PM
Krawlin

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Mike Mayberry
Hitec RCD USA.

I didnt mean real high end servo's. Just standard metal gear Hitecs. I used the bottom end, metal geared, Hitec HS-645MG's (hey, dont laugh, I am only 15, I can only afford the cheaper servos, as I have alot of RC's to put the servo's in). But I just need something with at least 100 in. oz. of torque, basically enough to crank with wheels with decent aurthority. I dont have a JR in front of me at the moment, so I couldnt tell you the model number, as I have about 4 different ones that I like and use. But again, I have noticed that the JR's standard metal gears in the servo's seem to be stronger than the Hitec's, as I have stripped Hitec's, and have yet to strip a JR. And again, the JR's seem to hold up to the vibration better than my Hitec's.
Old 12-18-2007, 03:26 AM
mtbkym01

JR9100S and T. That would be what I'd get out of these, still like the ACE servos aswell
Old 12-18-2007, 01:57 PM
MikeMayberry

Mike Mayberry
Hitec RCD USA.

I didnt mean real high end servo's. Just standard metal gear Hitecs. I used the bottom end, metal geared, Hitec HS-645MG's (hey, dont laugh, I am only 15, I can only afford the cheaper servos, as I have alot of RC's to put the servo's in). But I just need something with at least 100 in. oz. of torque, basically enough to crank with wheels with decent aurthority. I dont have a JR in front of me at the moment, so I couldnt tell you the model number, as I have about 4 different ones that I like and use. But again, I have noticed that the JR's standard metal gears in the servo's seem to be stronger than the Hitec's, as I have stripped Hitec's, and have yet to strip a JR. And again, the JR's seem to hold up to the vibration better than my Hitec's.
There's nothing wrong with the 645's for a sport servo; they are one of the best selling servos of all time.

Most metal geared servos are made of similar material so they should be about the same as far as durability. It's really difficult to strip a metal geared servo but if you do strip a Hitec metal geared servo then send it in to us and we will replace them under warranty.

Mike.
Old 12-18-2007, 04:03 PM
2DMaxLST!!

Mike Mayberry
Hitec RCD USA.
Great info Mike!! I run muchmore regulators on my lipo's with 6.5v at 5amps on the truggy and 6.5v at 7amps on the LST (dual HiTech 5955TG's). Do you know of any regulators that put out 10amps??

Is the 6.5v ok?? Do I have enough amps??
Old 12-18-2007, 04:32 PM
MikeMayberry

A stalled 5955TG can pull up to 3.5A but in normal hard usage it's around 2A, so the 5A regulator should work. Here's the 10A regulator I use: http://www.castlecreations.com/products/cc_bec.html

Mike.