Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Truggy
Reload this Page >

New Losi 8ight T, Servo Flop, couple questions please

Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

New Losi 8ight T, Servo Flop, couple questions please

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2008, 06:43 PM
INTEGRA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New Losi 8ight T, Servo Flop, couple questions please

there is no "Flaw" in losi's radio tray...Period.
Old 05-30-2008, 07:19 PM
Jim8ightT

integra then what is causing so many people to have servo problems i love losi but after reading up on it it seems all to easy for the servos to fail what is your opion on it or what do you run with out problems.. i just can't see if this is a vaild problem then why hasn't losi fixed it??? thanks James
Old 05-30-2008, 09:27 PM
INTEGRA

its all linkages....thats it.......if u cant set end points correctly or properly line up the carb pull....u almost deserve to blow up servo's.....its not exactly a hard fix either....there is plenty of info on this subject already ....LSTforums or recently changed to hdrcvideos.com has a couple good threads on how to properly do the linkages.
Old 05-30-2008, 10:18 PM
Jim8ightT

thats what i thought just needed to hear it from someone with out the problems thanks James
Old 05-31-2008, 12:42 AM
easyrabbit

ORIGINAL: INTEGRA

There is a flaw or something is wrong with the battery tray on the L8T. I have had two break loose from the clips and fly out. I now cut holes and zip tie the battery in there for sure. I had it packed in there with foam so it was not moving at all. It happened to me twice tho.
Old 05-31-2008, 08:05 AM
INTEGRA

do i really need to repeate what i already stated....cuz i will if i have to.
Old 05-31-2008, 12:23 PM
Jim8ightT

do i really need to repeate what i already stated....cuz i will if i have to.
Old 05-31-2008, 01:42 PM
soccerlaw

I have to agree with you rabbit - I had the ears on the lid of the battery box crack (where the pins go through) last week during the A main. Battery ended up flying out of the car. Called Horizon and they said it was just a freak accident and never heard of it before. Sounds like people just may not be reporting it.

ORIGINAL: easyrabbit

There is a flaw or something is wrong with the battery tray on the L8T. I have had two break loose from the clips and fly out. I now cut holes and zip tie the battery in there for sure. I had it packed in there with foam so it was not moving at all. It happened to me twice tho.
Old 05-31-2008, 01:48 PM
INTEGRA

are u guys running the tray loose under the battery ?
Old 05-31-2008, 02:28 PM
soccerlaw

No - I have the foam in there and as I was using hump packs it was a pretty tight fit. I'm switching over to the lipos today though and have to admit kinda of nervous of it happening again. I guess I'll be using the flat lid with the lipos instead of the hump pack lid so maybe that will make a difference??
Old 05-31-2008, 03:20 PM
INTEGRA

No....are u running the O-ring BS under the radio box ?...and pending on what lipo ur trying to use the flat lid might squist it too much...and u really should add more foam then just the stock peice....lipo's rub on the corner's n stuff and can cause some pack damage if ur not careful.
Old 05-31-2008, 03:35 PM
soccerlaw

Yeah.. I'm using the o-rings. Actually using the gmk ones (http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ducts_id/12291). You really think this is causing the problem?

Also, I'm going to be running the losi lipo pack (http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ducts_id/16279). Isn't this the one that you run? In your pics, shows that you use the flat top, right? Is there something I should do to protect the lipos?
Old 05-31-2008, 03:56 PM
INTEGRA

i dont run the o-rings...i think thats Rubbish.......as for the lipo...i run the hump pack lid...it was too tight of a fit with proper padding to allow the thin lid.....and i rewrap my lipo's at least once with extra shrink to help protect them.
Old 05-31-2008, 04:29 PM
Oasis TR

INTEGRA..It's nice to see you so loyal to your brand..but their was and to a point still is a problem with the throttle/radio tray..I have run quite a few different Truggies, Buggies, 1/10 scale and 1/8 scale on road cars..I have never had servo problems like I did with the Losi..and I'm not the only one..at first I did see some of the Losi factory pros's having problems with the throttle servos..Their are fixes and their is a lot of info on this problem..or as you put..non problem..Once I used the rubber gromets (the ones that come with your servo)..If fact i now use the rubber grommets with every throttle servo.. I never had anymore problems..ever..I do know how to set my end point adjustments and I do know how to set up my throttle linkages..I just think that for you to assume that no one knows how to set their end points or adjust their linkages is wrong..
Old 05-31-2008, 05:23 PM
INTEGRA

its common sence to use the rubber grommets that come with the servo's.....but the tray O-rings are a total differnt story....and imo most people dont know how to set EPA's....Ive seen WAY too many Stressed out servo's and WACKED out linkage set-up in my days to not know that.
Old 05-31-2008, 05:37 PM
Oasis TR

its common sence to use the rubber grommets that come with the servo's.....but the tray O-rings are a total differnt story....and imo most people dont know how to set EPA's....Ive seen WAY too many Stressed out servo's and WACKED out linkage set-up in my days to not know that.
I've never had to use the grommets on any of my other Truggies..i guess i can agree on the "more than their should be" servos stressed from the end points not set right..but..
Old 05-31-2008, 05:56 PM
INTEGRA

why do servo's come with those gromets in the first place...hrmm i wonder...maby because you are supposed to use them..Duhh......and of corse there's TONNNS of RTR n00bs who have No clue what they are doing and have NO clue what EPA or EXP or SUBT even Means...so of corse 1/2 of the blown servo's on 8ights are from guys who have No clue what there even doing....My whole point...its not the truck...its the USER.....sure the truck is much more prone to taking out throttle servo's...but if set-up properly...there's No Issues.....guys who know how to build a throttle/brake linkage dont have issues with the 8ight set-up.
Old 05-31-2008, 06:49 PM
easyrabbit

ORIGINAL: soccerlaw

I have to agree with you rabbit - I had the ears on the lid of the battery box crack (where the pins go through) last week during the A main. Battery ended up flying out of the car. Called Horizon and they said it was just a freak accident and never heard of it before. Sounds like people just may not be reporting it.

ORIGINAL: easyrabbit

Yea I called them and they even said that it is a problem.
Old 05-31-2008, 07:04 PM
easyrabbit

why do servo's come with those gromets in the first place...hrmm i wonder...maby because you are supposed to use them..Duhh......and of corse there's TONNNS of RTR n00bs who have No clue what they are doing and have NO clue what EPA or EXP or SUBT even Means...so of corse 1/2 of the blown servo's on 8ights are from guys who have No clue what there even doing....My whole point...its not the truck...its the USER.....sure the truck is much more prone to taking out throttle servo's...but if set-up properly...there's No Issues.....guys who know how to build a throttle/brake linkage dont have issues with the 8ight set-up.
I was just talking about the battery popping out. It gets so hostile out here. Instead of bashing on NOOBS why not help them understand. You were there once.

Old 05-31-2008, 08:19 PM
INTEGRA

i dont need to recite what has already been stated in regards to the losi tray....Nor do i care about 90% of n00bs....and 99.9% of the 90 wont take advice even if it were from the damn manufactuere who made the product...some people u Cant help...Trust me....been there done that...No matter WHAT u say...they have a dumb reason why u are still wrong....adn i personally dont have the time of day for meatheads like that...sorry.
Old 05-31-2008, 09:57 PM
easyrabbit

i dont need to recite what has already been stated in regards to the losi tray....Nor do i care about 90% of n00bs....and 99.9% of the 90 wont take advice even if it were from the damn manufactuere who made the product...some people u Cant help...Trust me....been there done that...No matter WHAT u say...they have a dumb reason why u are still wrong....adn i personally dont have the time of day for meatheads like that...sorry.
All that energy you spend just being hostile, what ever dude. If all you have is knowing more than others about RC and bashing them for it, you are a sad person.
Old 06-01-2008, 04:36 AM
Oasis TR

I guess the same reason why the servo comes with all the different horns and other assorted hardware..just sayin..dont have to use them on my Kyosho to get the servos to live..
Old 06-01-2008, 04:43 PM
losi101

I'm gonna have to be the first one on here to agree with INTEGRA. I have ran my 8ight t all summer(racing) and I still have not lost a servo. I'm using the hitec hs5965mg coreless(t/b) and the ace 1013 for steering. I do not use the rubber O-rings on the tray but I do use the servo rubber gromets. I use dynamite arms on both servos. It took me about 4 hours to get my throttle/brake linkage setup the way I wanted.

I have seen MANY 8t's at the track run off do to failled servos. I have seen a guy go through 1 ace1013 and 3 jr9100(400oz one). I have seen a guy take his 8t completely apart and sell it at the track due to servo frustration. I've seen a couple of guys buy different truggies.

Why wouldn't someone realize that when you have 4 servo failures you need to change something on your linkage? Why? Huh? They go right out on the track with the same setup and then complain about that particular brand when it fails again.

Here is the kicker. Are you ready? None of these guys are running throttle return springs. Even after the second run off they still don't run them and our hobby shop is 100 yards from the track. Shhh. I started running mine again after I seen someone destroy an engine. His truck ran off and flip on it's lid with the throttle wide open. It did that for about 15 seconds and the motor just stopped. Bye Bye engine.

Just my .02

Old 06-01-2008, 06:16 PM
Jim8ightT

ORIGINAL: losi101

I'm gonna have to be the first one on here to agree with INTEGRA. I have ran my 8ight t all summer(racing) and I still have not lost a servo. I'm using the hitec hs5965mg coreless(t/b) and the ace 1013 for steering. I do not use the rubber O-rings on the tray but I do use the servo rubber gromets. I use dynamite arms on both servos. It took me about 4 hours to get my throttle/brake linkage setup the way I wanted.

I have seen MANY 8t's at the track run off do to failled servos. I have seen a guy go through 1 ace1013 and 3 jr9100(400oz one). I have seen a guy take his 8t completely apart and sell it at the track due to servo frustration. I've seen a couple of guys buy different truggies.

Why wouldn't someone realize that when you have 4 servo failures you need to change something on your linkage? Why? Huh? They go right out on the track with the same setup and then complain about that particular brand when it fails again.

Here is the kicker. Are you ready? None of these guys are running throttle return springs. Even after the second run off they still don't run them and our hobby shop is 100 yards from the track. Shhh. I started running mine again after I seen someone destroy an engine. His truck ran off and flip on it's lid with the throttle wide open. It did that for about 15 seconds and the motor just stopped. Bye Bye engine.

Just my .02

He He He Becasue That person knows best and it is perfect did ya know it's every one else Not the person who keeps the same set up[X(] why do these people come here anyways?? i am sorry but when ask the same question and you get the same answere over and over again mabe just mabe it wasn't perfect after all LOL Oh I don't know what i am talking about either I am always wrong that why i ask for help!!!!!!
Old 06-01-2008, 06:17 PM
INTEGRA

cough*cough*

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.