Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Truggy
Reload this Page >

New Losi 8ight T, Servo Flop, couple questions please

Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

New Losi 8ight T, Servo Flop, couple questions please

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2008, 06:57 PM
easyrabbit

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New Losi 8ight T, Servo Flop, couple questions please

Well I have not lost a servo but there is a weak link in the battery case. Support addmitted it as well as other people told me about it. Even when I packed it with foam. I just started Zip tie'ing it in there...

Why all this noob crap anyway? what you were born with all this knoledge? C'mon an lighten up and help the noobs. This is not a hobby you want to be chasing people away from. We should cherish any new person who is interested in it. That is my take but if you just want to be dicks I guess that is your perogative.
Old 06-01-2008, 07:41 PM
INTEGRA

i help LOTS...and No 1 can say different....sure im a ***** from time to time...but there's ushally a good reason for it.
Old 06-01-2008, 08:08 PM
rckt_mtrspts
Banned

ORIGINAL: easyrabbit
All that energy you spend just being hostile, what ever dude. If all you have is knowing more than others about RC and bashing them for it, you are a sad person.
I think the only reason he got hostile is that he kept explaining it multiple different ways and you refused to accept what he said and move on and you acted like he was crazy and kept arguing. All you new guys in the hobby buy RTRs which is great for the companies and potential growth of the hobby but it seems you expect the trucks to be perfect and run under all circumstances despite the thrashing you put them through. RTR = Ready-To-Run and not Ready-To-Race. Most come with cheapo electronics that should be upgraded and only come with stuff to get you running and not run forever. Try being a little more understanding of some of us that have been around the block a time or two because if your attitude runs off all your resources you will end up with no one that wants to reply to your threads.
Old 06-01-2008, 09:19 PM
easyrabbit

ORIGINAL: rckt_mtrspts

All that energy you spend just being hostile, what ever dude. If all you have is knowing more than others about RC and bashing them for it, you are a sad person.
I think the only reason he got hostile is that he kept explaining it multiple different ways and you refused to accept what he said and move on and you acted like he was crazy and kept arguing. All you new guys in the hobby buy RTRs which is great for the companies and potential growth of the hobby but it seems you expect the trucks to be perfect and run under all circumstances despite the thrashing you put them through. RTR = Ready-To-Run and not Ready-To-Race. Most come with cheapo electronics that should be upgraded and only come with stuff to get you running and not run forever. Try being a little more understanding of some of us that have been around the block a time or two because if your attitude runs off all your resources you will end up with no one that wants to reply to your threads.
I dont think it was me arguing with him bro...
Old 06-01-2008, 09:23 PM
easyrabbit

Well I will take my chance from being abused or not being helped. If that is the way it goes than so be it. I didn't do anything wrong. Might be one of the "noobs" that help you one day.
Old 06-01-2008, 09:25 PM
easyrabbit

ORIGINAL: INTEGRA

i help LOTS...and No 1 can say different....sure im a ***** from time to time...but there's ushally a good reason for it.
I bet you do, its all good.
Old 06-01-2008, 09:29 PM
rckt_mtrspts
Banned

I might be wrong but it seemed as you were. Either way it still seemed that you had the majority of posts in the thread leading to the idea of manufacturing defects. It sounded to me as if he tried to help you understand why you were having problems and you wanted to tell him otherwise. All I was suggesting was to listen more instead of arguing your point. The expereinced guys have been down the "been there, done that" route and have the experience and arguing with them is a pointless endeavor that leads you down the path to nowhere and no future assistance.
Old 06-01-2008, 09:32 PM
easyrabbit

I might be wrong but it seemed as you were. Either way it still seemed that you had the majority of posts in the thread leading to the idea of manufacturing defects. It sounded to me as if he tried to help you understand why you were having problems and you wanted to tell him otherwise. All I was suggesting was to listen more instead of arguing your point. The expereinced guys have been down the "been there, done that" route and have the experience and arguing with them is a pointless endeavor that leads you down the path to nowhere and no future assistance.
I was just pointing out that the battery tray has a problem and have had support tell me. but I was not talking about servos... No big deal.
Old 06-01-2008, 09:43 PM
rckt_mtrspts
Banned

I Might be one of the "noobs" that help you one day.
LOL I doubt it. But here you go again bro. I was trying to help you understand and already you are trying to start up with me too.
Old 06-02-2008, 03:21 AM
easyrabbit

What everz.
Old 06-02-2008, 07:13 AM
IL2mSturmovik

I race my 8T and beat the snot out of it, there is no "flaw" I am aware of. The throttle/brake does take some time to correctly setup , but thats about it.
Small price to pay for one of teh most advanced, best truggies out there
Old 06-02-2008, 12:06 PM
easyrabbit

if you say so.
Old 06-02-2008, 02:31 PM
losi101

What everz.
Ha ha. That's cute. You work your problem out yet?
Old 06-02-2008, 03:38 PM
easyrabbit

ORIGINAL: losi101

What everz.

Yea punk... I zip tie that battery in there so it doesn’t go anywhere. What happens is extreme force pushes so hard that the clips pop off or plastic breaks on the lid. I called HH and they confirmed it. Guys at (one was PCH Hobbies) 2 different HS's said they had that problem too. So, what ever about the servo's (I never even heard about that) but I know the battery thing happens. First time I did not pack it in there good enough. Second time I stuffed foam in there real good. Both times it popped off. I don’t even know why this is a freakin issue. I'm not even the one arguing about servos and people already threatening not to help me anymore throwing around arrogant statements and putting people down... so if people want to argue about who knows more and will never need help cause they know it all and pick on people for what ever reason, fine with me. Where I come from we call that "dick" and its not a popular label. Pffft.

So like I said before, What Everz.
Old 06-02-2008, 07:14 PM
losi101

Ok. What type of battery are you using? Is it standard hump pack? I don't remember you mentioning that. I used to run the Losi lipo but now I run a 2600 NIMH. I haven't had that problem though. Maybe it was a defective batch of boxes or something.
Old 06-03-2008, 11:10 PM
Racing T

ORIGINAL: losi101

What everz.

Yea punk... I zip tie that battery in there so it doesn’t go anywhere. What happens is extreme force pushes so hard that the clips pop off or plastic breaks on the lid. I called HH and they confirmed it. Guys at (one was PCH Hobbies) 2 different HS's said they had that problem too. So, what ever about the servo's (I never even heard about that) but I know the battery thing happens. First time I did not pack it in there good enough. Second time I stuffed foam in there real good. Both times it popped off. I don’t even know why this is a freakin issue. I'm not even the one arguing about servos and people already threatening not to help me anymore throwing around arrogant statements and putting people down... so if people want to argue about who knows more and will never need help cause they know it all and pick on people for what ever reason, fine with me. Where I come from we call that "dick" and its not a popular label. Pffft.

So like I said before, What Everz.

Hmm thats strange, that doesnt happen to mine, im running a 1600mah hump pack, One question, do you run your lid so the battery is in the "outter" side of the truggy or inside? Im not sure if you know what I mean??
Old 06-23-2008, 02:12 PM
lortsie
My Feedback: (1)

Hey guys, just read through this thread. Seems like a lot of infighting over two issues that are really apparently unrelated. Check this out;

http://www.losi.com/Products/Support...rodId=LOSB0083

Specifically the "8ight Manual Radio Tray Addendum" Has details on putting the o-rings (now two) underneath the radio tray post that is directly under the battery tray. To quote it directly;

"Do not tighten this Screw any further as damage may be caused to your battery pack and the benefit of the O-Ring dampers will be cancelled."

So it sounds like that's Losi's idea to absorb some impact (assuming off jumps) that was causing the weight of hump packs in the radio tray to pop the lids off and potentially damage battery packs (probably ripping off connectors/wiring).

I could see how you wouldn't have this problem running Lipo's because of the huge weight savings.

Second, there is an entire 4 page "8ight Throttle Linkage Adjustment Addendum" .pdf dedicated to setting up your linkage properly to avoid damaging the throttle servo.

So there you have it - looks you were each right just for different reasons.