Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Truggy
Reload this Page >

Losi 8ight-T help needed (race roller)

Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

Losi 8ight-T help needed (race roller)

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2008, 04:23 PM
loboboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Losi 8ight-T help needed (race roller)

Hye guys I am in need of some help. I have accrued a losi 8ight-t race roller and I am trying to install a Mach 427 with spin start and need to know which motor mounts to use. I have a set of mounts from a RTR 8ight-t but they are not tall enough to keep the spin start backing plate off of the main chassis. My main concern is buying a set for the race roller and having the same problem. I am sure there is someone that has installed this engine combo in this chassis.

If anyone can help it would be great.
Old 01-20-2008, 07:27 PM
FoamyVictim

Default RE: Losi 8ight-T help needed (race roller)

It may have a different chassis than the RTR version. That's how it is with the buggy versions.
Old 01-20-2008, 08:16 PM
K_B

The RTR chassis has material machined out to clear the spinstart. The pro chassis does not. Just shim the motor up with some washers.
Old 01-20-2008, 10:36 PM
loboboy

AH HA!!!!! I was actually wondering if I actually got the race roller for sure or not since I bought the chassis off of ebay. Makes me feel better about the purchase.

I will shim for now but someone suggested the bump starter back plate and use a starter box so I may change to that setup to permanently take care of the problem. Thanks for the help.
Old 01-21-2008, 12:27 AM
INTEGRA

ORIGINAL: loboboy

AH HA!!!!! I was actually wondering if I actually got the race roller for sure or not since I bought the chassis off of ebay. Makes me feel better about the purchase.

I will shim for now but someone suggested the bump starter back plate and use a starter box so I may change to that setup to permanently take care of the problem. Thanks for the help.

i would highly reccomend the bump box solution...most guys have NO Clue how much RPM a Pullstart is Robbing from them.
Old 01-21-2008, 12:27 PM
loboboy

ORIGINAL: INTEGRA

ORIGINAL: loboboy

i would highly reccomend the bump box solution...most guys have NO Clue how much RPM a Pullstart is Robbing from them.
What about the spin start system does it hamper the RPM's as well????
Old 01-21-2008, 04:01 PM
UG0TB4NN3D
My Feedback: (1)

Yep.

Still has the one-way bearing, and all of that crap.