Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Truggy
Reload this Page >

---OFFICIAL CASTER RACING K8T TRUGGY THREAD---

Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

---OFFICIAL CASTER RACING K8T TRUGGY THREAD---

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2012, 10:09 AM
sein

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: -OFFICIAL CASTER RACING K8T TRUGGY THREAD-

Well, just completed another race weekend!:nod: I did not do as well with my truggy as I did with my buggy.
1/8 Truggy
During warm up for the 1st qualifier, one of my cvd pins came out. I did not get to qualify and would start the main at the back of the pack. When I fixed my cvd, I was rushing and did not bolt my diff case all the way down on the chassis. This ended up causing me problems and I could not finish the main.

The truggy felt great and I love my current setup on it. Before the next race I will be combing through everything so this does not happen again.

Here a vid of the few minutes I was in the main:
http://youtu.be/wruSz8IILeU

[YOUTUBE]wruSz8IILeU[/YOUTUBE]
Old 05-07-2012, 09:55 AM
sein

This Sunday was the first race with my Alpha S852 ant the K8T loved it! Just like nitro buggy I took q3 in truggy. I ended up finishing fourth in the A main due to a rear diff problem. But before that, the truggy felt awesome. Vids will come soon!!!

QUAL

RACE
Old 05-07-2012, 10:44 PM
sein

Vid of my truggy race:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DdeRoes7CkA

Old 06-25-2012, 11:51 AM
sein

Over the past couple of days I have been building my new Caster K8T kit. I have documented everything on rc tech and on the Caster USA but I am just now posting everything on RCU. I wrote everything as I went along in the build, but I will just be copying and pasting what I previously wrote.Some things might not make sense, just letting everyone know.

Well, I decided it was time for a new kit so I ordered one from Mike. I will document my build here and share my progress with everyone.
This pile of parts will turn into a great kit in a few hrs, lol. Its time to begin!
Old 06-25-2012, 11:54 AM
sein

Being that this is my first build, I thought it was real cool that all the parts bags are mark in alphabetical order according to the build manual. I opened part bag A and all the diff pieces were inside, this is where the manual starts the build.
Part bag A
Example of different letters on part bags:

These diffs go together like any other diff, except the orings for the spider gears.
The purpose of the orings are to offer a running option to make the action of the diff slower, like adding thicker fluid would. They are optional and I decided to run them in the front and center diff. Spinning the diff with the orings and without them you can feel a big difference. With the same fluid installed, the diff rotates much slower with the orings.
The kit also come standard with lightened out drives, and here is a pic of the three completed diffs.
Old 06-25-2012, 11:56 AM
sein

I got started this morning and here is where I am at so far:
I made a small change to the front shock tower. In the original design, you have to screw the body post into one of the adjustment holes for the front shocks. Also, the original design is for the older style truck bodies. So I wanted to make the adjustment so I can run the forward cab style bodies. Some people still like the older style but I do not, lol.
These I the new holes I drilled for the body post. I did not use a straight edge like I should have, so the right side is about 1mm lower then the left side.
Placing the holes here will allow the front end of the truck to be a little higher then the stock position, and when I drill the rear, it will be a lot lower then the stock position. That will give me the ability to use the forward cab design bodies.

Originally Posted by kman16jr
Looks good man,keep us updated sein.:nod:
Thanks bro. I also want to thank Trick Parts for their s.s screw kit. It has nice solid heads and give a could firm bite on my bit.
The front is almost done minus the part I need to grab off my current truggy.
Old 06-25-2012, 11:58 AM
sein

I also finished all the primary parts for the rear.

There are two open holes on my rear shock tower in this pics (for the wing mount) right next to those holes are the ones I drilled for the body post. Again, this will allow me to run the forward cab bodies.
Old 06-25-2012, 12:01 PM
sein

Center diff and brakes complete. I really like the springs between the pads; also the lightened out drives all the way around are a big plus as well.
Now, it time to pull the chassis out
Next, I installed the front and rear ends along with the wing and mount.
Might, do some more later on tonight, it only 7:04 In Hawaii as I post this.
All is going together great and I am looking forward to finishing and running this beast.
I now have the shocks and radio tray installed. Engine and tank are next.