Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Truggy
Reload this Page >

Robitronic Mantis official topic

Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

Robitronic Mantis official topic

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2008, 12:10 AM
NewKid
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Robitronic Mantis official topic

ill sell you mine with enough parts to last cha for a while...[:'(]
Old 08-07-2008, 12:33 AM
NewKid

Old 08-10-2008, 01:01 PM
madmax666

i wish i could get realy into this hobby but i just dont haveenough money unless some one will but my snowboard. ITS LIKE BRAND NEW LOL. JK i have been looking on ebay a lot to find a CHEAP Robitronic Mantis. This sounds like a buggy for me because it doesnt brake easy to start tough ect. My current truck is a warhead.....if i was smart i would have waited for it to get reviews but no i bought it brand new the first day on ebay. My uncle and i made the same mistake but he has the money to fix it and get a savage. The truck is working fine now after a $50 tune up except the roto start. The gears got stripped after hitting a jump a lot!I would love to get this truck cheap seeing how AWSOME IT IS. If any one finds or has a cheap one plz email me at [email protected]!!!!!!!!THANK YOU AND GOOD LUCK TO ALL OF YOU LUCKY PEOPLE OUT THERE WITH THIS CAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-12-2008, 06:15 PM
AWDrift

I heard the TXS will be available end of September or mid-October. I am debating about picking one up.
Old 04-02-2009, 01:51 PM
ROBITRONIC-USA

Robitronic clear Mantis bodies are available now, so as the micro fail safe.

Call your local or favorite hobby store now!
Old 04-06-2009, 03:35 PM
EngageRC

is the f/s integrated in the new lineup of mantis? or extra? mantis is super build and been hot item in EU.
Old 04-07-2009, 11:16 AM
timberline97
My Feedback: (17)

ORIGINAL: EngageRC

mantis is super build and been hot item in EU.
wish it was here in the states...
Old 04-24-2009, 05:57 PM
ROBITRONIC-USA

is the f/s integrated in the new lineup of mantis? or extra? mantis is super build and been hot item in EU.
It is not integrated. It will be an option part. Good for any kind of nitro vehicle.
Old 06-01-2009, 05:40 PM
djzachtyler
My Feedback: (4)

ORIGINAL: ROBITRONIC-USA

It is not integrated. It will be an option part. Good for any kind of nitro vehicle.
Good to see you guys are posting replies, I was kinda iffy on a Mantis I just bid on on eBay , but am glad I did so after all is said and done... Also seema as those who actually own it like it alot... This will be my first truggy, so I hope it does good next to my OFNA buggy, Slayer, and XXXNT... Will let you guys know My opinions If I actually win it...
Old 06-15-2009, 12:12 AM
HRCules77

Just ordered the TXS from Tower. I needed (wanted) a break from electric. On it I will be mounting HPI's Goliath tires (7") with Blast rims....should be fun.
Old 06-22-2009, 11:09 PM
HRCules77

My orderStatus: "out of foreign customs" ....since the 18th......c'mon already.....I need to find a good online hobby shop IN CANADA! And why the heck can't I order fuel here?....HZMAT my butt.....I'll be forced to homebrew......I feel ill.......
Old 07-03-2009, 07:19 PM
HRCules77

I have since burned close to a 1/2 gallon of fuel driving this truck. It's a blast to drive and very hard to roll. The stock servo does appear to be a bit weak when running on the 7" Goliath tires, but it does fine for now. I have had to play with the throttle/brake linkage a lot since it was not set right from the factory. The Axial OEM motor is quite strong considering it only has 3 ports vs. 8 ports for the Spec 1S. I'm using Traxxas 20% fuel. I could buy the piston and sleeve to upgrade the motor but have decided to run this motor into the ground and then splurge on getting Axial's .32RR. If I'm close to wheelies now, I think I'll succeed with that motor.

FYI: I purchased an Axial 12 tooth vented clutch bell and replaced the stock 13 tooth prior to breaking in my motor. I tested both clutch bells on my Robart prop balancer to see how balanced they were. The Axial clutch bell was perfectly balanced while the stock clutch bell was not even close.

Overall I really like this truck. It's well built, jumps awesome and has good acceleration. I'm very happy with it.
Old 08-05-2009, 12:50 PM
ROBITRONIC-USA

the factory engine is actually a 5 port.
Old 08-13-2009, 05:48 PM
HRCules77

Any idea what the specs are for the stock SX-2 Steering servo that come with the TXS? It has gracefully expired. I would like to use a Futaba servo (temporarily) that I have in my race buggy until I can order a replacement. However, if the oz/in of torque of the Futaba servo is = or - than the stock one that died then I risk killing that one as well.
Old 08-14-2009, 11:45 AM
vnmsgt

ORIGINAL: HRCules77

Any idea what the specs are for the stock SX-2 Steering servo that come with the TXS? It has gracefully expired. I would like to use a Futaba servo (temporarily) that I have in my race buggy until I can order a replacement. However, if the oz/in of torque of the Futaba servo is = or - than the stock one that died then I risk killing that one as well.
If you are just bashing around then a Hitec 645mg will work ok. I used them for awhile. If you are racing some you might as well spend the money on something like a Hitec 7955 for the steering and not have to worry about it ever breaking again.
Old 09-05-2009, 08:29 PM
HRCules77

I'm saving up for the Futaba BLS351. This will also require me to upgrade my stock radio since it's AM and won't work with digital servos. I was considering an uber-torque (400oz/in+) servo but this brushless servo is 'supposed' to last 5 times longer than the 'others'. Yeah, I know it's a marketing ploy but I'm okay with that.
The more time I've had to think about it, the more I realize paying $40-$50 +tax for a gallon of fuel (which can be used entirely in 2 weekends or less) is not so cool. This leaves very little budget for upgrades or repairs. Who doesn't love upgrades? The .32 Axial I once drooled over is now in second place. I have been looking very intently at the Tekin motors for this truggy. I don't really want to go higher than 4s and I think the 1700KV would work well with that voltage. After all, I have no desire to go 100km/h. (Well, I shouldn't say NONE.) Does anyone know how many poles the Tekin motors have? 2-pole, 4-pole, etc. The reason I ask is because I believe that the higher the pole, the greater the torque. I had a Mega Motor that was 6-pole in my Kyosho Twin Force and it was butter smooth: versus the Feigao which was 2-pole (more cogging). If Tekin motors are 2-pole, then I'll probably order another Mega Motor since I really liked it.
If and when I do go the electric route, I'll try to post some pics of the conversion.
Old 09-06-2009, 12:26 PM
andrew76

is there any mods mot the stiring i think the stering is not very good over all
Old 09-06-2009, 05:38 PM
HRCules77

To change the steering characteristics of this vehicle you can:
replace the steering servo ($$$$)
change the camber (0$)
change the caster (using different rubber inserts (they come with the kit) in the lower arm mounts) (0$)
tighten the nut on the servo saver spring (0$)
balance your wheels ($)
change the diff fluids ($$)
if you have steering EPA on your TX then dial it in accordingly (0$)

Start with the free mods then go from there.
Old 09-06-2009, 08:23 PM
andrew76

thanks for the info i will play around with it and go from there
Old 09-06-2009, 08:25 PM
andrew76

thanks for the info i will play arund with it and go from there thanks
Old 09-06-2009, 10:34 PM
vnmsgt

Biggest thing I did to improve steering when I had my Mantis was to change the steering servo out and also put LPR whees and Tires on it. HUGE DIFFERENCE! The foams in the stock tires are too soft and the tires sidewall is really hight and does not give good steering response. The stock steering servo is slow and a little weak too.
Old 09-07-2009, 12:40 PM
andrew76

thanks i did put some other tires and it is a bit batter and the servo i got a hitec i just have not hard the chanse to go to the track did you like your matis and what to you have know
Old 09-07-2009, 07:49 PM
HRCules77

I wrote a review....there are 4 others on this site...check out the USER REVIEWS tab at the top of the page.
Here's a link to mine:
http://www.rcuniverse.com/product_gu...rating_id=5994
Old 09-07-2009, 08:17 PM
vnmsgt

ORIGINAL: andrew76

thanks i did put some other tires and it is a bit batter and the servo i got a hitec i just have not hard the chanse to go to the track did you like your matis and what to you have know
I loved my mantis. It was something different which I still like to have different things from the norm. Raced my first race with it and it got me hooked. Only thing I upgraded besides what I said above was to put the CNC motor mount on it. The stock mount is CAST and is known for cracking. Also if you are going to race I would put the CNC knuckles on it. I broke just one but it is still good insurance. I got rid of my Mantis only because at the time about 2 years ago parts were harder to get for them then it is now and the online store ( not naming names ) never had parts in stock for them for me and my LHS pissed me off lying to me about stuff and did not want to give him another penny to make off my mantis. Now I race a Caster Racing K8T pretty much since I got rid of the Mantis and it is a great truggy too. Now I am also a dealer for Robitronic so I can get all the parts I want but I will not separate from my Caster
Old 09-08-2009, 12:25 PM
andrew76

thanks for all the info i also like the matis is deferent every one at the track has the 8t and i just don't want to be one more the oney thing i don't like is the stiring but that can be fix and the low neddle comes off

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.