Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Truggy
Reload this Page >

* . _ - Offical Jammin X2 Thread - _ . *

Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

* . _ - Offical Jammin X2 Thread - _ . *

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2008, 10:46 AM
sjschwarz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: X2 Build Up W/ Pics, 56K Warning, Complete Build Info W/ Detailed Pics

quaiz, curious, what kind did you order?
Old 09-10-2008, 10:55 AM
qaiz

Default RE: X2 Build Up W/ Pics, 56K Warning, Complete Build Info W/ Detailed Pics

The one through the link you posted.

I should just give A Main and Tower my CC and be done with it .
Old 09-10-2008, 11:02 AM
sjschwarz

Cool, that reassures me that you got the same one.

Yeah, I ordered my X2 from Amain/Tower on August 11th the day after I had my ankle surgery. I paid something like $1800 for my kit, radio, engine, servos, field equipment, etc. Since then, there have been several follow on purchases from Amain, totalling I dunno, another $500, including the bearing kit, CNC chassis braces, new body, new chassis, plus multiple trips to the LHS. I think my wife is getting annoyed. She's looking forward to me returning to bike racing (cycling), which IS NOT CHEAP either.
Old 09-10-2008, 11:10 AM
qaiz

Ouch, sorry to hear about your ankle.

I got my X2 before it got out in the States. Paid close to $700 just to secure it. Then the engine, servos etcc have all added up. Plus the addition of all the CNC goodies ive been adding .

What equipment are you running in it ( Radio/Servos/Mill etcc ) .?

Ahh, returning to a previous hobby. Its not gonna happen .

This is addictive.

Look at me .
Old 09-10-2008, 11:22 AM
sjschwarz

Build is pretty typical stuff: DX3R, .21 V-Spec, ACE 1015 servos, 2700mah NimH receiver pack. No real upgrades except for the bearings (on the way) and the aluminum chassis braces... Just got a custom painted body from Zielke racing which is slick.

Maybe I'll post pics when it is all BACK together.

The simple green trick is awesome.
Old 09-10-2008, 11:34 AM
qaiz

ORIGINAL: sjschwarz

Build is pretty typical stuff: DX3R, .21 V-Spec, ACE 1015 servos, 2700mah NimH receiver pack. No real upgrades except for the bearings (on the way) and the aluminum chassis braces... Just got a custom painted body from Zielke racing which is slick.

Maybe I'll post pics when it is all BACK together.

The simple green trick is awesome.
Thats not typical stuff LOL . Thats a race machine

Can we get some pis of the body, im looking for ideas. Thinking neon pink flames with a white background.

Yep, the simple green trick works great, just dont forget to apply some WD40 all over when your done.
Old 09-10-2008, 09:22 PM
benoit_desnoyers

I need help...

Can anyone have the time to check if the fuel tank door close with a little resistence or with a big resistence ? I have tried to adjust my motor today but the people at my hobby shop tell me that is possible my fuel tank is not sealed when the fuel tank door is closed... some air enter and the motor stall. I need your help []

Please check the spring and the fuel door for me []
Old 09-10-2008, 10:12 PM
J24gordon

I do push the lid down when I close the tank.
Old 09-11-2008, 01:03 AM
qaiz

ORIGINAL: benoit_desnoyers

I need help...

Can anyone have the time to check if the fuel tank door close with a little resistence or with a big resistence ? I have tried to adjust my motor today but the people at my hobby shop tell me that is possible my fuel tank is not sealed when the fuel tank door is closed... some air enter and the motor stall. I need your help []

Please check the spring and the fuel door for me []
Open your fuel tank lid.

You'll see a screw. It controls the O - Ring.

Loosen/Tighten that as needed.

Should fix your problem.

Good Luck.
Old 09-12-2008, 12:04 AM
xc7

Here's my x2 just before tonight's first track test run. Supertib's going to post some video's in a bit.

Old 09-12-2008, 12:31 AM
supertib

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

X2 CRT absolutely ROCKS !!!!!!!!!
Old 09-12-2008, 06:18 AM
qaiz

ORIGINAL: xc7

Here's my x2 just before tonight's first track test run. Supertib's going to post some video's in a bit.
Thats a nice body.!

You really dont know how lucky you are. I bet you never have engine problems .

ORIGINAL: supertib

X2 CRT absolutely ROCKS !!!!!!!!!
I think we got another one guys . Super, when do you expect to join our thread .

__

A few things I did last night.

First, CA Glued the damn fuel filter on.! I got pretty tired of it falling off every jump. Just a tip for anyone having that problem.

A lil' ca on the filter and on the tab that holds it in place, and your set.

I did it for all the tabs that hold the fuel lines

__

Also, if your track isnt strict about the fuel volume in your tank, you can remove the ' stopper ' and get better run times.

Just open the tank, and you'll notice a screw in there, unscrew it, and get it out. Better run times..

__

Upgraded the Shock Holder thingys

MUCH lighter.

Dark pic, will get a better one up.

Old 09-12-2008, 08:23 AM
J24gordon

That's a great idea qaiz, my stopper's coming out, Thanks for the heads up
Old 09-12-2008, 08:32 AM
sjschwarz

Ok, finally cleaned up my truck... got a few questions:

(1) what is the easiest way to get the f/r diffs out?
(2) what size shims to I need to "shim the diffs"? I ran out.
(3) is it possible to run the fuel filter backwards? If so, how do I know which way is correct?

Thanks,

Steve
Old 09-12-2008, 08:59 AM
qaiz

(3) is it possible to run the fuel filter backwards? If so, how do I know which way is correct?

Thanks,

Steve
1 -

Rear is the easiest. Just take out the screws from the rear and pull it out.

Front - first you gotta take off the bumper, then the same way you pull the rear one out.

2 -

Size is - 13 x 16 x 0.2 mm

I use 4 overall on the diff, 2 on each side.

3 -

The stock filter is a stone filter. Look at my pic above. Thats the way I run all my filters on my cars.

The O - Ring faces the fuel tank.

__

Hope this helps..
Old 09-12-2008, 09:20 AM
sjschwarz

ORIGINAL: qaiz

Thanks,

Steve

2 -

Size is - 13 x 16 x 0.2 mm

I use 4 overall on the diff, 2 on each side.

__

Hope this helps..
Thanks quaiz. You are quite the resource!

Three more questions:

(2') Is it possible to shim the differential itself and/or the bevel gear with respect to the f/r bulkheads? I'm getting a little play in the bevel gears... If so, what size shims do I need.

(2'') How do I know if I need to re-build the diffs? Do I simply take them apart, inspect them, and then rebuild them with new fluids?

(4) Any tips on locating body mounting holes on a body that is already painted? Last time, I placed masking tape (painters) on the underside of the body and rubbed the body briskly over the mounts. This gave me the fore/aft locations and worked well, but I was looking for something easier/more foolproof.

Thanks (again)!
Old 09-12-2008, 09:53 AM
supertib

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

here is a video of XC7's X2...the Truggy is the finest track machine I have ever wheeled... extremely impressive, a much larger improvement over the X1 then I was anticipating....... The motor is also very impressive..its my latest track modded JPX 21 on a JP4...this motor was able to run 10:40 with Integra driving and was able to return with 30cc of fuel left...it has more power and RPM and mileage then a OS Speed so I am very happy...powerband is smooth, linear and crisp...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6sk_GTRpa_U
Old 09-12-2008, 10:18 AM
qaiz

Thanks qaiz. You are quite the resource!

Three more questions:

(2') Is it possible to shim the differential itself and/or the bevel gear with respect to the f/r bulkheads? I'm getting a little play in the bevel gears... If so, what size shims do I need.

(2'') How do I know if I need to re-build the diffs? Do I simply take them apart, inspect them, and then rebuild them with new fluids?

(4) Any tips on locating body mounting holes on a body that is already painted? Last time, I placed masking tape (painters) on the underside of the body and rubbed the body briskly over the mounts. This gave me the fore/aft locations and worked well, but I was looking for something easier/more foolproof.

Thanks (again)!
No problems..

Shim the bevel gears, I honestely have no clue. Could you possible get a pic up.? I cant exactly understand it LOL.

As for when to rebuild, Open it up and look at the condition of the gears, whenever they start to show a lil' wear, just replace them along with the case and the gasket. Thats what I do.

Body mounting holes, there should be a shallow indentation. Look closely at the hood and at the rear body post area. There should be one. What body are you using, the X2 or aftermarket.?

The X2 body definately has those indentations.
Old 09-14-2008, 11:22 AM
J24gordon

Qaiz, what spur gear are you running? I lost a tooth on mine this weekend and need a replacement asap, no one here seems to carry any parts for the X2 yet so i was thinking another brand maybe? Thanks
Old 09-14-2008, 11:32 AM
qaiz

ORIGINAL: J24gordon

Qaiz, what spur gear are you running? I lost a tooth on mine this weekend and need a replacement asap, no one here seems to carry any parts for the X2 yet so i was thinking another brand maybe? Thanks
How'd you loose a tooth.!?

I use the Jammin Light Weight Spur

Its the same Spur the buggy uses ( X1 CR )

Can pick up a standard one, or a light weight one...
Old 09-14-2008, 11:46 AM
J24gordon

Thanks, not sure how I lost just 1 tooth maybe a bad part? I qaulified 2nd and finshed 5th the missing tooth started to take out my clutch bell so i had to milk it home[] Guess there's always next week!!
Old 09-14-2008, 11:50 AM
qaiz

ORIGINAL: J24gordon

Thanks, not sure how I lost just 1 tooth maybe a bad part? I qaulified 2nd and finshed 5th the missing tooth started to take out my clutch bell so i had to milk it home[] Guess there's always next week!!
Never heard of anyone loosing a tooth.! Been using the original spur on my buggy for over 15+++ gallons and its still fine.!

What Clutch Bell are you using.? Tooth count.?
Old 09-14-2008, 11:56 AM
J24gordon

I'm using the 14 tooth bell. The spur gear where the tooth broke off looked like it was a little rusty, so maybe there was a hairline fracture or something
Old 09-14-2008, 11:59 AM
qaiz

Could be. But you shouldnt have a hard time finiding a replacement Buggy Spur.

They should be avaliable..

Lemme know how it goes.. Otherwise I could ship one out to ya...
Old 09-14-2008, 12:50 PM
J24gordon

I ordered 2 so I should be set but thanks for the offer

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.