Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

Against duratrax??

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2008, 01:16 AM
rcmadness09

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Against duratrax??

ORIGINAL: Oasis TR

ORIGINAL: rcmadness09

ORIGINAL: NewKid

duratrax just isn't as competitive it's fine for a beginner car but after you begin to race more and run more with the high end stuff you'll see the difference and understand why people say don't be bothered with duratrax
The new Rtx-27 is killing the revo's and lst2 on track left and right here in town. its funny when people talk and don't know what they are saying. Go and look up reviews on the new rtx-27 its by duratrax. Its putting the revo in check.
Really..I would have to say I would want to see some videos of this..the RTX-27 is a copy of the Savage..and not a good one at that..so just live with the fact that duratrax makes decent entry level trucks..not "racing" trucks..
Please explain to me the difference between a racing truck and a entry level truck. i have yet to learn this! are the racing trucks custom built?
Old 08-08-2008, 02:23 AM
NewKid
My Feedback: (1)

duratrax just isn't as competitive it's fine for a beginner car but after you begin to race more and run more with the high end stuff you'll see the difference and understand why people say don't be bothered with duratrax
The new Rtx-27 is killing the revo's and lst2 on track left and right here in town. its funny when people talk and don't know what they are saying. Go and look up reviews on the new rtx-27 its by duratrax. Its putting the revo in check.

ok on a local level sure but in the grand scheme of things no...traxxas and losi are atop the mt class, and in truggy/buggy it's jammin,kyosho,losi,ae,xray,mugen,etc.

I am not saying there is anything wrong with their product it's just when you become more of a mainstream racer(if ever) you'll find that duratrax lacks after market support(ie new chassis development,upgraded shocks,shock towers,etc.), and it's really just not that competitive...by all means buy what pleases you run what pleases you...I felt the same way about the Robitronic Mantis a year ago and even though i still own one i wouldn't dare put it in the league with jammin,losi,etc.

I'll say it again and have always said it...buy what you can afford,find parts for, and what appeals to you...buying something other than what attracts you solely cause we say so isn't a good idea,however most people on the forums even though we all have different views on certain aspects will try and lead you in the right direction in the long run duratrax just won't cut it for any one looking to do more than bash with friends sorry but it's true
Old 08-08-2008, 02:55 AM
rcmadness09

ok on a local level sure but in the grand scheme of things no...traxxas and losi are atop the mt class, and in truggy/buggy it's jammin,kyosho,losi,ae,xray,mugen,etc.

I am not saying there is anything wrong with their product it's just when you become more of a mainstream racer(if ever) you'll find that duratrax lacks after market support(ie new chassis development,upgraded shocks,shock towers,etc.), and it's really just not that competitive...by all means buy what pleases you run what pleases you...I felt the same way about the Robitronic Mantis a year ago and even though i still own one i wouldn't dare put it in the league with jammin,losi,etc.

I'll say it again and have always said it...buy what you can afford,find parts for, and what appeals to you...buying something other than what attracts you solely cause we say so isn't a good idea,however most people on the forums even though we all have different views on certain aspects will try and lead you in the right direction in the long run duratrax just won't cut it for any one looking to do more than bash with friends sorry but it's true
Lol!
Old 08-08-2008, 04:03 AM
NewKid

it's like you're comparing a chevy cobalt(duratrax) to the flaship model chevy corvette(jammin,losi,ae and so on).

you wanna know the difference between entry level and racer that's what comes to mind...corvette are built with performance in mind and build upon existing technology and make it better a cobalt though not the worlds most horrible car by far is not built to be fast on a track or on the street, however it's designed for people who want economy out of a car or as a first car for first time drivers. So once again though not bad it doesn't compete with the comp on a grand scale..
Old 08-08-2008, 08:05 AM
all in

Excellent way of puting it.
Old 08-08-2008, 08:24 AM
IL2mSturmovik

ORIGINAL: INTEGRA

Some people like to think you get what you pay for but that don't apply in the rc world. I guess its a macho thing. I bet anyone out there that i can take a raze buggy and with a new motor i can keep up with the best of them. and for alot less money.

HAH.....Hahahaha....thats the funniest thing i have EVER heard.

Agreed, thats completely absurd.
In teh RC world you absolutely get what you pay for
Old 08-08-2008, 11:51 AM
sfar785

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: all in

I was just checking through and found everybody here is against duratrax. I was at the local track and they were actual competeing with the highend stuff pretty well. As far as breakage I saw a lot of the higher end stuff broke more. the only good part was when the duratrax stuff broke it was checp to fix. I was just wondering why everyone bashes on Traxxas and Duratrax stuff so much. I run a T4 and the lowerend stuff keeps right up with it. Has everyone had that much trouble with Duratax, I was looking at getting the Raze ST.
Some people like to think you get what you pay for but that don't apply in the rc world. I guess its a macho thing. I bet anyone out there that i can take a raze buggy and with a new motor i can keep up with the best of them. and for alot less money.
you can take the Raze with the most advanced engine on the market and you'll still have a Raze. The Raze chassis can't even be compared to that of a race buggy, it's just not able to handle a track like a race buggy.
Old 08-08-2008, 03:21 PM
bigfootbeast

man you guys just say that duratrax is a low brand company when the majority of the time its driver skill compared to breaking i've had my duratrax raze st for well over 6 months and the only thing i broke was a c hub by landing sideways and i the batteries went dead in my reciever pack one day and the entire chassis bent in half. nothing on the raze at all was harmed i still run it like a champ and the only thing i would recommend to upgrade is motor and servos other than that its tough as a bull
Old 08-08-2008, 04:03 PM
sfar785

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i've crashed as hard as you can with my 8ight and i've never bent a chassis A driver can only be as good as his buggy/truggy lets them, the Raze buggy and truggy will only allow you to drive so hard and it definitely won't see anything outside of the Sportsman class and be competitive, if it could, don't you think at least ONE Pro would be driving one? I mean, there are Pro's driving just about every buggy and truggy EXCEPT for the Duratrax garbage
Old 08-08-2008, 04:25 PM
NewKid

I GIVE UP....anybody want some chocolate pudding?

haha lets try this one last time. Duratrax is designed as a cheaper route into the hobby for beginning hobbyists. Their rides are not designed to go to manufactures cup or worlds and win if they were trying to do that i'd think they have an off-road team and to my knowledge they don't have drivers they sponsor.[:'(][:@][8D][&:][:@][:'(]
Old 08-08-2008, 08:02 PM
romax

delete
Old 08-10-2008, 04:04 PM
madmax666

I have warhead and boy do i wish i had something like a truggy or little buggy. Like the 8ight or something nice like that because if youthink about all the stuff i have bought and fixed,checked up, hasle ect. It would most likely in just about any case off set the extra 200-400 difference. I am right now looking at the mantis.......it looks tough but like all rc stuff they all have at least one flaw. I'd like the mantis but only if i can get it cheap. I bought the warhead because it is a TRUCK and i thought i was going to be doing flips off huge jumps and not brake nearly as many parts as you probley will find if done.
Old 08-10-2008, 05:16 PM
romax

just got back from my the track today. Ran through 1/2 gal. fuel, cased every jump & went nose first into landings, overshot jumps,you name it All the typical beginner stuff. Other than needing a new body now my raze st held up good. I found out a few things.
#1: i allready replaced the stock steering servo now i need a NIMH reciever pack as the response is slow.
#2:The stock tires suck ( new prolines should be here Wed.)
#3: I need lots of practice.
#4: As said before my truggy will not be as competetive as high dollar trucks but i wanted to get into the hobby cheap & see if i like it. I think i bought the perfect beginner truck.
#5: I may be addicted to this hobby
Old 08-11-2008, 02:15 AM
NewKid

ORIGINAL: romax

just got back from my the track today. Ran through 1/2 gal. fuel, cased every jump & went nose first into landings, overshot jumps,you name it All the typical beginner stuff. Other than needing a new body now my raze st held up good. I found out a few things.
#1: i allready replaced the stock steering servo now i need a NIMH reciever pack as the response is slow.
#2:The stock tires suck ( new prolines should be here Wed.)
#3: I need lots of practice.
#4: As said before my truggy will not be as competetive as high dollar trucks but i wanted to get into the hobby cheap & see if i like it. I think i bought the perfect beginner truck.
#5: I may be addicted to this hobby

romax you have the right idea about duratrax made for a cheap entrance to the hobby nothing wrong with that...as time goes on you may want a better truck but you gotta start somewhere ya know
Old 08-11-2008, 02:29 AM
RCCCS

I don't know if duratrax is garbage i was in Seattle the other day at one of the Sponsored events and a few people were racing the new rtx and it was Doing pretty damn good. from what people were telling me at the track is that alot of people are starting to use this truck because of the adjustments that can be done with it and the lcg it has. it seems like a very well rounded truck with lots going for it.
Old 08-11-2008, 08:51 AM
INTEGRA

ummm the RtX has a 2 speed...which therefor makes it illegal in the truggy class.....adjustments....What adjustments can u do on the duratrash that u cant make on ANY other 1/8 scale...and imo it looks like a TANK with those 8 shocks......so your telling me there are guys actually racing these in WA usa?
Old 08-11-2008, 09:12 AM
qaiz

Lol im sorry. I had to pipe in to this lil' joke.

I started off with a car that was ' comparable ' to Duratrash. I was extremely happy with it, same mentality as you.

Then I moved onto better stuff, and then found out exactly what in the world I was running. Coming from a ' beginner ' level truck to an extreme race ready machine is like saying " I drive Go Karts, moving onto an F1 car should be easy...", " Its the same thing "...

No it isnt. Plain said.

You do get what you pay for, I paid for a Jammin X2, I got a Jammin X2. I didnt end up with a Lion or a Tiger.

If a company can charge you $300 for a whole set-up you know there is something up with them ( Except for Thunder Tiger, they seem to be doing well ).

Look at it this way.

You wanna re-paint your house, you get 5 differient estimates. 4 guys say it'll cost $500 to do it, and one says' it'll cost $200 to do it.

You just know there is something up with the last guy...

Same thing goes here.

Companies like AE, Losi, Jammin, Mugen, Ofna etcc... Dont just win races by pushing stuff outta the door. RnD, Testing, there are many factors. It all costs money. Ive never gotten the impression from Duratrax that they've actually tried to build something ' good '. From what ive read, many of their vehicles have durability issues, their engines arent all that great and so on.

Im not against Duratrax ( Ive never tired one ), im just against that comment.!

And when it comes to $600++ vehicles, ' Brand Loyalty ' can go outta the door.

P.S.

You can get that raze of yours, and ill get my X1 CR, put them both around a track, and im willing to bet my Truck Ill kick your ass 100% of the way .
Old 08-11-2008, 10:06 AM
INTEGRA

ORIGINAL: qaiz

Lol im sorry. I had to pipe in to this lil' joke.

I started off with a car that was ' comparable ' to Duratrash. I was extremely happy with it, same mentality as you.

I remember those days

[link]http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_5356520/anchors_6596873/mpage_2/key_/anchor/tm.htm#6596873[/link]
Old 08-11-2008, 10:08 AM
jaywax

Qaiz,

I would be careful with that last statement. What if this guy is one hell of a driver? I know guys that could beat you on the track with a stock Revo or Savage. Some guys are fast with just about anything. I understand your statement, but I would not put up my vehicle for a race.
Old 08-11-2008, 10:09 AM
2DMaxLST!!

Brand new Warhead next to a race truck...

Warhead after hours spent setting up diffs, suspension, installing, lipos, and high end servos, race tires, engine and pipe, etc....

Best feature of Warhead, bumpstart..

Warhead after one (not kidding here...) lap at the track...

Sold for $200 with brand new stock engine and stock electronics.

Old 08-11-2008, 10:17 AM
The Hedgehog

Lol.

Duratrax has never appealled to the racer market or even designed what they call a racing machine. Saying the new RTX is giving the Revo's a run for the money is a complete false statement.

They are good for bashing, but show me someone who has driven a raze and then driven a ofna hyper 9 and see how much they back up duratrax after that.
Old 08-11-2008, 10:18 AM
qaiz

ORIGINAL: jaywax

I understand your statement, but I would not put up my vehicle for a race.
You dont know me very well then .

Id do it. And ive done it before, anyone wonder why I dont have a CRT .5 anymore....

I have major confidence in my vehicles, and IMO that is the most important. If you know your gonna have a durability problem on the track, your gonna have a major problem, it'll buzz around in your head and wreck your driving skill.

I started out 10 months ago in this hobby, no knowledge of anything. Today Im racing for a store, and pimping some of the best vehicles out there.

Oh boy am I confident .

Leave it to Integra to bring up the past .

Damn LoL.

n00b .

Old 08-11-2008, 10:31 AM
jaywax

Dennis,

I had a Warhead Evo a while back and it ran pretty good on the track. I did not break any parts, just hated to work on it. That roll cage is a biatch to work around. That is my only beef with some MTs. The cage helps protect, but it makes it difficult to make simple changes. More companies should make there MTs like Losi and AE with the open chasis. Duratrax makes some pretty good vehicles. I have owned two of their trucks. You have to make some upgrades because they are RTR, but you have to do that with any RTR. Most high end kits need to have upgrades to run successfully. If not, why are there hundreds of option parts made? I'm not saying Duratrax has the quality of a high end kit, but in the right hands and some changes. I'm willing to bet that it can run against any vehicle on the market. I've seen Steven Dogget win truggy in a "stock revo". I've seen Chris Allison win A-main Expert buggy with a OS 18TZ in his Losi 8. Hell, Ryan Mayfield is doing the same thing with his RC8T that he was doing with the Kyosho and that is win. Driver ability has a lot to do with the success of the vehicle. I purchase my vehicles on the "eye ball" test. If I see it at the track doing well with regular drivers that have real crashes and not just an occassional traction roll than it gets my approval. I do not go by the magazines and pro drivers. They race under ideal conditions with other superior drivers.

My final word is this. Buy what you can afford and have fun. This hobby is a money pit and is more addictive than "crack". What other hobby has grown men arguing on who has the best "TOY"?
Old 08-11-2008, 10:37 AM
2DMaxLST!!

Yes, doing those diff on that RTX-27 was when I started asking myself, what have I done!! Seriously that's a lot of work to get to them. I can swap diffs on either end of my LST in moments.

The RTX-27 does have the 8mm stub axles, roll center adjustment and bumpstart, these are good things.
Old 08-11-2008, 04:31 PM
IL2mSturmovik

At my local track yesterday there were a few Raze truggys there, I didnt see any breakages, but it was obvious they are not equal to the top tier race truggys
Might not be too bad for a beginner though, the owners seemed happy with them

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.