Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Truggy
Reload this Page >

Brushless Truggy pictures and discussion

Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

Brushless Truggy pictures and discussion

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2008, 02:51 AM
ecocav04

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brushless Truggy pictures and discussion

This thread was started for the people who have brushless truggies or who are interested in learning more about conversions. for the people with conversions post some pictures and videos and setup info. and for the guys who want to start crap about nitro being the coolest thing save it for some one who cares

I have a brushless Rc8t
its powered by a mamba monster v2 speed controller a neu 1515 2.5d anfd a zippy 5s 5000 pack.

on this setup motor temps after 15minutes are about 160 battery temps and speed controller temps between 100-120.

Old 10-19-2008, 08:42 AM
joeling

Default RE: Brushless Truggy pictures and discussion

I have a Hong Nor X2 truggy powered by MMM V2, Neu 1515 2D, 5S PQ 5000mah with 13/48 gearing. Very fast around the track & flies like a plane. Jumps higher & farther than ... I get around 15 minutes of run time out of this setup. I would prefer to have more runtime time though. I also have a 5S 6000mah PQ but putting it in the truggy would result in even more l/r imbalance.

I find that with the above setup, I have managed to puff one of my PQs eventhough they are supposed to be 25C rated. My LVC is set to 3.1V per cell already. I hear a lot of good things about the Zippys. ecocav04, are yours the the Zippy H or Zippy R ? What do u think of them ? I also have 2 pcs of 5S 5kmah zippy h but they're reserved for my savage & a little too big for my tray. I'm eyeing some Zippy R 5S 4800mah. What do u think ?

Rgards,
Joe Ling

Old 10-19-2008, 11:46 AM
CustomTamiyas4Life
My Feedback: (34)

That thing is sweet. May I ask how much the whole setup would run you?
Old 10-19-2008, 11:55 PM
gtr

I waana to see the E-Hellfire

Any one try the Novak;s lightning 2 pro brushless convesion kit motor mount & plate on the hellfire ?

I wanna to know it's fit or not.

Thanks
Old 10-20-2008, 12:11 AM
mabuecker
My Feedback: (8)

WOW !! that hong nors sweeeeeeet !!!!!!! I hate these electric threads cause I want one so bad lol dang .. unreal[X(]
Old 10-20-2008, 12:26 AM
scrambles12

electric.....LOL
Old 10-20-2008, 02:29 PM
ecocav04

i run the zippy h 5000 in 5s. they're not bad but they're a bit on the big side but they work good
Old 10-20-2008, 02:53 PM
ecocav04

Here are some updated pictures i put the mamba max back in my buggy and bought another mamba monster so far this one is lasting it has 2 race weekends on it so far. i checked out rcmonster mikes rc8t this weekend as he showed up the race we had this weekend. i let him wheel my truggy and he said it handles awesome.
I run the fan on the motor just to keep it even cooler then it would run without it. normally i pull it off the track and its at 160 but i ran a 10 minute b main this weekend and bumped into the A main and ran 15 minutes and after the a main my motor temps were 123.

i changed the way the wires go into the bullits on the mamba monster because where the speed control is mounted i would have to bend my motor wires on a funny angle and i didnt want to do that.

Old 10-20-2008, 04:55 PM
scrambles12

ORIGINAL: scrambles12

electric.....LOL
jk kidding guys but the only electrics i like are like the 1/16 or smaller if u want to get something bigger than why not get nitro or gas
Old 10-20-2008, 05:28 PM
mabuecker
My Feedback: (8)

with my brushless mlst mamba 6800 on 3s geared high it runs at about 160degrees , not related just thought was interesting
Old 10-20-2008, 05:59 PM
CustomTamiyas4Life

electric.....LOL
jk kidding guys but the only electrics i like are like the 1/16 or smaller if u want to get something bigger than why not get nitro or gas
Because for the price of a couple gallons of gas you can get a battery pack that will last at least a year, sometimes several years, and because have you driven a high powered electric car? It's a much different experience, in a good way.
Old 10-20-2008, 06:57 PM
brushlessboy16

i have a cen matrix truggy with the castle creations Mamba monster v2, their Preproduction 1515 1y. 5s zippy lipo

Some bling, and some beat up bowties
Old 10-20-2008, 07:14 PM
scrambles12

ORIGINAL: CustomTamiyas4Life

electric.....LOL
Because for the price of a couple gallons of gas you can get a battery pack that will last at least a year, sometimes several years, and because have you driven a high powered electric car? It's a much different experience, in a good way.
how fast does urs go and wat was the price
Old 10-20-2008, 07:54 PM
CustomTamiyas4Life

electric.....LOL
Personally I am really cheap, and don't own a converted nitro. I do however know about the power of brushless and lipo. But ask around, they can be had for around the same price of an equivalent nitro rtr, and have tons of power.
Old 10-20-2008, 08:07 PM
brushlessboy16

electric.....LOL
all depends on gearing.. i got mine up to 58mph this past weekend geared 20-66, i usuallly run 10-66.. about 35-40mph... im also cheap.. these can be built for low budget, beleive me i was there..

Feigao 9xl, mamba max, 4s lipo you can probably snag for 250.

then the car itself and some odds and ends..
Old 10-20-2008, 08:43 PM
ecocav04

well i got my mamba monster v3 today in the mail in replacement for the v2 i had thet went out. im going to disassemble it tomorrow and see whats different. so far no outside changes have been done the cases are the same.
Old 10-20-2008, 09:58 PM
misasi

how are the new brushless setups doing against the nitros? im asking because i know i will need a new motor. so thats $200 plus fuel for the year another 130 so maybe electric may be the way to go.

hmm packs are very expensive. $100+ and having one pack is useless you would need at least 3. still very tempting
Old 10-20-2008, 10:16 PM
hakmazter

Caster Racing will have a truggy soon. Their buggies that are electric are awesome especially if you don't want to mess with conversions.
Old 10-21-2008, 06:33 AM
happywing

I've been hearing about this Castor stuff FOREVER! It would be nice if it was on the market so I don't have to hear that it's coming...it's coming...it's coming. Is it RTR or a roller? If RTR, what's in it?...or what will be in it...when it comes out...soon?
Old 10-21-2008, 10:55 AM
The Hedgehog

ORIGINAL: misasi

how are the new brushless setups doing against the nitros? im asking because i know i will need a new motor. so thats $200 plus fuel for the year another 130 so maybe electric may be the way to go.

hmm packs are very expensive. $100+ and having one pack is useless you would need at least 3. still very tempting
Electric has much faster acceleration than nitro with comparable top end (in general of course).
Old 10-22-2008, 08:32 PM
joeling

Sorry for the late reply :

1) Truggy - USD515
2) Motor - USD250
3) Battery - USD180*
4) ESC - USD160
5) UBEC - USD30
6) Servo (ACE DS1015) - USD85

No including radio & charger, the setup is approximately USD1220. Truggy & servo purchased locally. Battery came from Hong Kong / China. Other items were imported from USA.

*will be trying out the USD90 Zippy Rs with slightly lower capacity but only half price soon.

That thing is sweet. May I ask how much the whole setup would run you?
Regards,
Joe Ling
Old 10-22-2008, 10:12 PM
scrambles12

exciting
Old 11-13-2008, 07:42 AM
vnmsgt

Check this out guys. Purpose built electric! Should be out soon. Wish I could see more pics.

[link]http://www.neobuggy.net/modules/news/article.php?storyid=5074[/link]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Tr51773.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	34.8 KB
ID:	1071288  
Old 11-13-2008, 08:54 AM
slayerphonics

ORIGINAL: ecocav04

Here are some updated pictures i put the mamba max back in my buggy and bought another mamba monster so far this one is lasting it has 2 race weekends on it so far. i checked out rcmonster mikes rc8t this weekend as he showed up the race we had this weekend. i let him wheel my truggy and he said it handles awesome.
I run the fan on the motor just to keep it even cooler then it would run without it. normally i pull it off the track and its at 160 but i ran a 10 minute b main this weekend and bumped into the A main and ran 15 minutes and after the a main my motor temps were 123.

i changed the way the wires go into the bullits on the mamba monster because where the speed control is mounted i would have to bend my motor wires on a funny angle and i didnt want to do that.

Why not use Velcro to hold the fan down? doesn't the wire tie flex the case and stop are flow?
I don't do electric but just wanted to ask.
Old 11-13-2008, 10:52 AM
vnmsgt

ORIGINAL: happywing

I've been hearing about this Castor stuff FOREVER! It would be nice if it was on the market so I don't have to hear that it's coming...it's coming...it's coming. Is it RTR or a roller? If RTR, what's in it?...or what will be in it...when it comes out...soon?
The Caster Fusion buggy has been out already and is on the market. Was even raced by a couple guys at the RC PRO finals and led for awhile too. It is a roller right now and the end of this month or so should be out in RTR and PRO KIT form too. I just posted something from neobuggy above for the Truggy F8T. That is the first so called pic of it, if you want to call it that lol!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.