Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

WHICH TRUGGY TO GET

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2009, 03:23 PM
cold_reboot
My Feedback: (20)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: WHICH TRUGGY TO GET

I'd take the Kyosho Inferno ST off the list, it doesn't seem to be very well liked, and for the price there are better. I'd take the Revo off to...simply based on the fact that I know several people with them....and they stink...slow...and they break. As an example, once when all of my friends and I got together for a little friendly competition, there were four Revo's there and every single one of them were broke by the 2nd or 3rd hour, if your bashing, take that off the list..I've seen from example they can't take it. Unless Losi has addressed the throttle servo eating habits of the 8ight-T your either going to have to take extra care in setting it up, or keep extra throttle servo's on hand for when it gets hungry. I don't know where your shooping, but unless those are Canadian dollars some of them are way too much. AMainHobbies.com has the Hyper ST for $469, Inferno for $399, RC8T $589 (Backordered), so I'd go there and have a look...and save a few bucks.

I'd add to the list:
Ofna Jammin X2 rtr $529 (AMainHobbies)
Maybe the Hot Bodies Lightning Stadium 2 Pro...dunno a lot about it but the first LSP was popular...it's $429 (AMainHobbies)
the Thunder Tiger ST-1 has a huge following from the bashers, I have one, it's tough as a tank and I've never broken anything on it. It's $299 at AMain but the design is getting long in the tooth so you may see a new design based on the RC8T at some point (Thunder Tiger and Associated are owned by the same company).
I don't see the 8ight-T RTR listed at AMain, I know they used to have it, and it was a lot cheaper than the $849. You can definately find it cheaper than that.
The Caster K8T is based on a lot of the Mugen MBX5T design, if you put them side by side an untrained eye probably couldn't tell you which is which. They are $350, you can look at them at CasterRacingUSA.com or HoleshotHobbies.com.
Old 02-27-2009, 03:43 PM
DustnF

I picked up an 8ight-t rtr last month for $499 shipped. Considering it comes with the spektrum and a stout engine for an RTR I dont think you can beat it for the money.
Old 02-27-2009, 03:54 PM
dkastil

those prices are not even close to the good prices you can get now! I just got a new in box losi 8 t 1.0 race roller for 299.00 and a mamba monster 2200kv combo for 250.00 and a electric conversion kit for 59.00 and truggies only use 1 stering servo a HS-7955TG I got for 97.00 and a futaba fasst recever for 80.00 so for 785.00 I have I have a truck that is faster stronger and better then any monster truck the clearence at the difs is the same on my revos and my truggy the revos have a bit more center clearence but they also hae so many more parts and gears to break the truggy has only a handfull of parts 3 difs shocks a arms and a chassis I almost forgot a lipo will cost about the price of 7 galons of nitro but it will run for ever unlike a nitro engine , dont get me wrong i love the sound and working on my red dot and os tz but I got this truggy to have a truck that just ran all the time no issues ever and the cost in thw long run will be less then a monster truck .
Old 02-27-2009, 04:20 PM
cold_reboot
My Feedback: (20)

Forgot to add in there that I have the Caster K8T as well and really like it. Caster also has thier own Big Bore shocks that are cheaper than the Ofna's and come with two sets of springs (Ofna's come with no springs).
Old 02-27-2009, 09:04 PM
nugsy

those prices are in Australian dollers 1AUD = 65US cents
Old 02-28-2009, 09:18 PM
bubble27

ORIGINAL: nugsy

I'm looking to buy one soon being doing alot of reserch cant decide which truggy to get. i want the fastest toughest one out there money is not a concern will be using it for bashing but want it to be quick and have ok handling. aslo are all the brands made in china or are some made in japan and usa

Hey Ozzy lol

im fairly new to this sport and totally understand you.
the only thing that you didnt keep in mind is the centre of gravity (CG)

now i had a jato as a 1st car.....super fast! seriously....too fast for its handling ability.
thought it was the s!ht until i figured out that all is does it go fast.
so speed runs up and down and thats it (nice rc car though...just not for me)
well even with this..it was traction rolling until i set it up, which is very annoying.

So keep in mind!
if your going for open field etc. the MT (savage i assume, very high CG) would be much more prone to rolling over
so that means you gotta run after it!
while truggies kinda handle much better..theres no wheelies tho.

My big dilema was is traxxas a money pit or not?

cause the ultimate rc car out there for me seems to be the revo.
its a MT but the closest thing to a truggy in CG. well so i think....not sure about those muggified LSTs.

Anyways...conclusion!
if you want speed, drifts and ramps, get a 2speed truggy (ST-1 has 2speed option, kyosho ST can be modded, so can hotbodies lightning stadium)
if you want to jump and do backflips....well the MT i guess.

ORIGINAL: supertib

The RC8 and RC8T are not known to be the most durable platforms....they are amazing performers but the toughness is not there.....

You Europeans do not have many jumps on your tracks, you should see the jumps at some of our tracks, huge massive air...

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...71958072&hl=en

OK ok....this hobby is bigger in the states but it doesnt mean europe doesnt have any jumps! lol.
i once saw this exhibition of kyosho....they were ramping very very high and going WOT so the buggies were doing backflips lol.

anyways....[link=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fd_nJLPa-CY]THIS IS A MUST SEE RC CAR GETTING SOME MAJOR AIR[/link]

its a friggin buggy aswell!

dont forget it also comes down to dumb luck if your rc car brakes on a jump aswell lol
not only how much cash its got on it.
Old 03-01-2009, 10:43 PM
xxxkat

[quote]ORIGINAL: dkastil

those prices are not even close to the good prices you can get now! I just got a new in box losi 8 t 1.0 race roller for 299.00 and a mamba monster 2200kv combo for 250.00 and a electric conversion kit for 59.00 and truggies only use 1 stering servo a HS-7955TG I got for 97.00 and a futaba fasst recever for 80.00 so for 785.00 I have I have a truck that is faster stronger and better then any monster truck the clearence at the difs is the same on my revos and my truggy the revos have a bit more center clearence but they also hae so many more parts and gears to break the truggy has only a handfull of parts 3 difs shocks a arms and a chassis I almost forgot a lipo will cost about the price of 7 galons of nitro but it will run for ever unlike a nitro engine , dont get me wrong i love the sound and working on my red dot and os tz but I got this truggy to have a truck that just ran all the time no issues ever and the cost in thw long run will be less then a monster truck .
[/quote I know that Lipo's last a long time but they don't last "forever" I have been told about 1000 charges..maybe less..maybe more..
Old 03-02-2009, 02:55 AM
dkastil

when i stated last forever i was talking about the truggy and brushless motor as for the lipo i got a 3 year warranty for 30 bucks . I think of the lipo as the cars fuel it costs as much as about 7 gallons of nitro but will last alot longer .
Old 04-06-2009, 03:37 PM
EngageRC

Mantis
Old 04-06-2009, 04:58 PM
madmaxx1

ORIGINAL: nugsy

I'm looking to buy one soon being doing alot of reserch cant decide which truggy to get. i want the fastest toughest one out there money is not a concern will be using it for bashing but want it to be quick and have ok handling. aslo are all the brands made in china or are some made in japan and usa
well then! i think you should buy THE most expensive pro kit roller you can find (prolly a LOSI 8 2.0) then fit the most expensive engine/pipe you can onto it (prolly a GRP tuned .28) then a pair of the most expensive servos you can find (those new high voltage JrS) and of course you will need a 4pks and 604 to control it all!

i think that should get you around the lawn pretty good!

PS don't forget to send the mill out and have it FULLY modded [8D]

OHHH and how could i forget LiPo batt's for the Tx + RX!!
Old 04-06-2009, 05:33 PM
superd09
My Feedback: (1)

why are the hellfire's so crappy but they cost so much for what you pay they should be awesome?
Old 04-06-2009, 07:24 PM
Oasis TR

ORIGINAL: superd09

why are the hellfire's so crappy but they cost so much for what you pay they should be awesome?
exactly..The biggest problem is the truggy was designed by someone who had more experience in on road design..The truggy was made way to stiff..their is not much flex in its design (in off road some flex is a good thing, you need to control it but it seems to work for all the other manufactures..wonder why HPI missed that one..) ..It was also tested on a very limited basis and the guys testing were very smooth drivers who tested it on a track..In all fairness to HPI the parts and materials used were and still are pretty much standard fair for RTR truggies, the problem is with no flex more stress is transferred to the suspension mounts and shock towers, The SS version did address "most" of the issues, for the most the Hellfire's problems are a direct result of HPI NOT testing or supporting it. The Hellfire did have potential to be something good..but HPI did drop the ball on this one.
Old 04-08-2009, 02:33 AM
vandy666

jammin truggy-picco 28 bumpstart turbo motor-jp-3pipe nuff said