Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Truggy
Reload this Page >

Question for people that know the Caster Racing F8T?????

Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

Question for people that know the Caster Racing F8T?????

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2009, 09:23 AM
negev

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question for people that know the Caster Racing F8T?????

It might sound like a stupid question but will this truck pull a wheelie? Also can you pull out the front drive shafts and run it as 2 wheel drive? Im trying to bring myself back up to speed with r/c again. Former owner of a tamiya frog.
Old 05-04-2009, 12:39 PM
Oasis TR

Default RE: Question for people that know the Caster Racing F8T?????

I'm sure you could make it do one..but why? A 4WD truggy is much easier to drive than a 2WD one and since it was designed as a 4wd vehicle I would leave it as one, But you could take the front center shaft out and lock the center diff and make it 2wd (you would also want to take the front drive shafts out also)..It would do a wheelie..for sure..and when you got bored with it you could put it back to 4wd and go racing..
Old 05-04-2009, 08:04 PM
hakmazter

Default RE: Question for people that know the Caster Racing F8T?????

1.) Yes, it has the capacity to do a complete backflip depending on the motor and esc and batteries. It is fun for a while, then it gets sort of annoying.

2.) Yes, you can put extra washers in the center diff to lock it up (not permanently) and pull the front diff, shafts, etc.... As a matter of fact, I tried it with a buggy as a comparison to the slash and it was a complete failure. I was running 2) 6500 maxamps batteries, the hobbywing 80 amp esc, and a medusa 36x60 rated at 2000kv. If you were going less than 30mph and punched it, it would start burning the tires and usually spin out. It is virtually undriveable like that. I was running a 13 tooth pinion and maybe using a truggy would change things, but I would not recommend it. You can adjust fluids in hte diffs to get the outcome you want. The heavier the fluids, the more "positraction" you get. The normal recommended setup is 7000 front, 10000 center and 3000 rear for the electric truggies. If you lower the center diff fluid, it usually acts more like a front wheel drive vehicle. If you raise the rear fluids, it will drive more like a posi rear end and slide around more. If you want to race, this would not really be recommended.