Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

Truggy Engine HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2009, 01:10 AM
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Truggy Engine HELP!

What is a good engine for Truggy Racing? .21 - .30 Idont have a clue. Whats the deal. I know this has been asked a million times. Also what are some good low cost alternatives? Looks like most people are running .21 is this because of fuel econ? Im lost here and having a hard time picking a new one. HELP!
Old 05-22-2009, 01:40 AM

Default RE: Truggy Engine HELP!

Most replys will be to get a decent 21 due to less wheel spin and better fuel economy.
Really depends on yor budget, old heavy or new lighter style truggy, tight or large track, yor driving ability.
You have an eight 1 ? which is fairly light so a good 21 is the way to go. I like a 28 for the balls they have and the heavy old truggy i have.
Iam sure others will provide you with their favorite mills.
Old 05-22-2009, 03:40 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I - and a lot of other people will too - recommend the Jammin JPX 21 from www.amainhobbies.com   With the discount code I think it costs like $200.  I myself am not a believer in top-dollar engines - I just don't think a $350 Italian or OS engine is THAT much better than a $125 Mach 427.  Better, sure, but the prices of some of those top-end race engines are just too much...  Then you end up having to replace conrods and bearings, etc..   Plus just the feeling if something goes wrong - if it's just a $125 Mach blowing up then OK.  If a $350 engine blows up early in its life, I'd be severely p.issed off...

As a matter of fact, if you're still relatively new and aren't racing at a super high competitive level, I would HIGHLY HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend the Mach 427.  I raced and will continue to race a Mach(my current one must have eight gallons on it, and no I have NEVER changed a bearing or rod...) in my truggy, AND I get ten minutes easy to a tank.  Not to mention NO engine is easier to tune, it runs GREAT with a cheapo RTR pipe, etc etc..   When starting racing there are SSSOOO many other little PIA things to sort out, it's nice not having to worry about a b.itchy hard to tune engine...

Look on ebay for the silver-headed Mach with the stock Losi RTR pipe..
Old 05-22-2009, 02:31 PM

Well I know that in the proper hands a $350+ motor is worth the money..Its performance advantages over a cheaper motor are their and real..but as HerrSavage said if your just starting a high dollar motor is not really needed..if fact in most cases more HP will get you into trouble quicker than less..for me i'll stick with my high $$$ Italian motors..something about stupidly fast..
Old 05-22-2009, 03:17 PM

for the price it hard to beat a mach 427 IMOand with the right mod's you would be pretty surprised what they can do