Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

Truggy Starter BOX?

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2009, 02:49 AM
mentat
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Truggy Starter BOX?

which is better 1 starter box with a 750 size motor or one with 2 550 size motors? Its between these 2. Same price $49.99

Ofna 1/8 Off-Road Compact Starter Box:This is the 1/8 scale Offroad Compact Starter Box from Ofna.
<pre style="font-family: 'QuickType Mono', monaco, 'monotype.com,', 'courier new', courier; "> The universal design allows for use with in-line or side mount positions. For use with 1/8 scale offroad vehicles.

FEATURES: Compact design Powered by two 7.2 volt stick packs w/standard connectors or a 12 volt battery source when using the included adapter 750-size electric starter motor Adjustable front chassis support Built-in handle Universal design allows for use with in-line or side mount positions

INCLUDES: One assembled starter box One hardware bag that includes rubber feet, screws, instructions and an adapter for using a 12 volt power source.

REQUIRES: Installing rubber feet and attaching two 7.2 volt stick packs or 12 volt power source.

SPECS: Length: 318mm (12.5") Width: 121mm (4.75") Height: 76mm (3.00")

COMMENTS: When using two 7.2 volt batteries, they are wired in series. This doubles the voltage, making the sum 14 volts.

</pre>
DuraTrax 1/10 & 1/8 Universal Starter Box:This is the DuraTrax Kwik-Pit 1/10 and 1/8 scale Universal Starter Box.<pre style="font-family: 'QuickType Mono', monaco, 'monotype.com,', 'courier new', courier; "> Starts all of the most popular 1/10 and 1/8 scale on and off road vehicles.

FEATURES: Two powerful 550 size motors and belt drive reduction provide powerful starting torque Five placement pegs allow usage with many different chassis Can be powered by 12V 7A hobby battery or stick pack batteries- separate battery holders attach to bottom of case Start timing switch is easily adjustable with a phillips screwdriver no need to disassemble unit Drive wheel and motor placement can be installed at two different positions to accomodate a large variety of vehicles Ball bearing-equipped drive wheel Main POWER switch Four rubber non-slip pads on top of the box prevent scratching of vehicle's chassis Powder coated steel, Black in color Carrying handle at front end Alligator clips for DC charging

INCLUDES: DuraTrax Kwik-Pit 1/10 and 1/8 scale Universal Starter Box with alligator clips, battery holders and instruction manual

REQUIRES: 12V 7A hobby battery, HCAP0800 OR Two stick pack batteries, DTXC2030 Phillips screwdriver, DTXR0174 to adjust start time

SPECS: Length: 14" (355mm) Width: 4.6" (117mm) Height: 4.9" (124mm)

</pre>

Old 05-28-2009, 01:27 PM
Rebeldude
My Feedback: (5)

Default RE: Truggy Starter BOX?

I have used both and the 2 - 550 setup was not strong enough for my .28 engine.  It  worked but not great.  I have the Ofna silver top and it works great.
Old 05-28-2009, 01:55 PM
we go hard in jersey
My Feedback: (1)

the blue ofna box is good for the money.
Old 05-31-2009, 09:43 PM
flypuzz

i would have to say the ofna 1/8 truggy starter box. it has duel 750 motors. i burnt up a losi eight starter box with the two 550 motors in it trying to start os 28 during break in .Went anbought the ofna and been firing it up nicely no problem.

Old 06-01-2009, 05:17 PM
xxxkat

For Truggy I like the Ofna 12 volt motor (bigger than the 750 motor)..The Chrome Top Box is also a good choice for big motors..