Community
Search
Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

Bashing truggy

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2009, 07:21 PM
revoskid32

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bashing truggy

What's a good bashing truggy? Preferably RTR. I'm running on a dirt track and in my grassy yard. I had a revo 3.3 and the durability was unbelievably annoying. I don't have much of a price range.
Old 07-07-2009, 07:46 PM
CHAVAN30
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: Bashing truggy

XTM XST. imo the best bashing truggy.
Old 07-07-2009, 08:20 PM
revoskid32

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ed-Starter-Box how would that work for a basher. mostly just jumping around on a track.
Old 07-07-2009, 08:26 PM
DrDremel

I wouldn't "bash" with a losi race vehicle.....maybe look at the hyper ST or maybe something like a jammin X2 or if you want a FM radio, a RC8T. I'd just shy away from the losi, most of it's features are intended for full-on competition, like the four shoe clutch and what-not......
Old 07-07-2009, 08:57 PM
rcadict

i just purchased a JAMMIN X2 TRUGGY RTR, i got to tell ya, it's a pretty tough truggy!!!! , i had a revo with a picco and that doesn't even come close to the jammin truggy, the truggy out does the REVO in every way, it's quicker, it handles so much better, and a lot more torque , with that force .28 engine this thing rockets across the yard, the revo has more top end speed but trust me, when you run the truggy you won't even care, my jaw still drops when i run this thing, and i have been doin rc for about 8 years
Old 07-07-2009, 08:58 PM
revoskid32

can the rc8T bash?
Old 07-07-2009, 11:19 PM
djzachtyler
My Feedback: (4)

If you can swing the Losi 8ight-T 2.0 RTR get it, it is set up for bashing or racing out of the box, comes with a thicker chassis and shock towers( with bashers and truggy noobs in mind) plus is one of the best RTR offerings out there... The RC8T is good too, so is the Jammmin series, those 3 should ideally have alot of parts available at your LHS...

for a basher, you want to go with what your LHS stocks parts for more than anything, and anything Losi, Associated, Traxxas, OFNA, HPI are a sure bet to be able to get parts more easily than with other brands...

Just to clarify the whole losi issue, the 2.0 RTR is considered a "race bred design with the basher or entry level race driver in mind" which is quoted from one of the Losi ads for the RTR. I just got it, and can tell you first hand it is SOLID! has large bore shocks, and is an all around well designed vehicle... If you can afford the RTR I highly recommend it as it comes with everything you need to get started, plus the DX3S radio set is phenominal, and can be used with up to 10 other models as long as you get a SR3300T, or SR300 series receiver for them...

just my 2cents...
Old 07-08-2009, 12:23 AM
revoskid32

ORIGINAL: djzachtyler

If you can swing the Losi 8ight-T 2.0 RTR get it, it is set up for bashing or racing out of the box, comes with a thicker chassis and shock towers( with bashers and truggy noobs in mind) plus is one of the best RTR offerings out there... The RC8T is good too, so is the Jammmin series, those 3 should ideally have alot of parts available at your LHS...

for a basher, you want to go with what your LHS stocks parts for more than anything, and anything Losi, Associated, Traxxas, OFNA, HPI are a sure bet to be able to get parts more easily than with other brands...

Just to clarify the whole losi issue, the 2.0 RTR is considered a ''race bred design with the basher or entry level race driver in mind'' which is quoted from one of the Losi ads for the RTR. I just got it, and can tell you first hand it is SOLID! has large bore shocks, and is an all around well designed vehicle... If you can afford the RTR I highly recommend it as it comes with everything you need to get started, plus the DX3S radio set is phenominal, and can be used with up to 10 other models as long as you get a SR3300T, or SR300 series receiver for them...

just my 2cents...
Thanks so much for the information. I was wondering if it was a bashable truggy. my LHS sells alot of losi stuff, they even sell the the 8ight-t 2.0. If anyone has anymore information or any other ideas, feel free to contribute.
Old 07-08-2009, 01:35 AM
supertib

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: djzachtyler

Just to clarify the whole losi issue, the 2.0 RTR is considered a ''race bred design with the basher or entry level race driver in mind'' which is quoted from one of the Losi ads for the RTR. I just got it, and can tell you first hand it is SOLID! has large bore shocks, and is an all around well designed vehicle... If you can afford the RTR I highly recommend it as it comes with everything you need to get started, plus the DX3S radio set is phenominal, and can be used with up to 10 other models as long as you get a SR3300T, or SR300 series receiver for them...

just my 2cents...

+2

By far the best way to get into a Truggy...best RTR kit ever offered IMO....amazing machine as well, tough as nails, and more capable then anything on the dirt... I bash with a few Losi's and they do amazing in durability.....A few servo issues with the original 8T, but i haven't hear too much bad on the 2.0
Old 07-08-2009, 02:46 PM
DrDremel

ORIGINAL: supertib

+2

By far the best way to get into a Truggy...best RTR kit ever offered IMO....amazing machine as well, tough as nails, and more capable then anything on the dirt... I bash with a few Losi's and they do amazing in durability.....A few servo issues with the original 8T, but i haven't hear too much bad on the 2.0
I wouldn't go as far as saying it's the most capable anything.... It runs nice and all, the only problem is keeping it running......especialy at a competative level....

BTW, the chassis and shock towers arn't thicker because it's stronger, they're thicker because they are stamped aluminum.... The kit tower and chassis are much stronger just because they are properly CNC'd.
Old 07-08-2009, 05:27 PM
Eganwp
My Feedback: (1)

Nothing will beat an TTR ST-1 for durability and cheap budget. I've done 12 foot jumps for 2 hours and not broke a single thing. These things are durable as heck. Mine will outlast friend's Savages every single time when we go out.

2nd for durabilty would be Jammin X1CRT or X2 likely. Hyper ST, Losi and RC8T would be 3rd. Things like Revo and Lightnings I would rate at like number 10 lol.

Just my opinion and experiences tho!

Eganwp
Old 07-08-2009, 05:58 PM
madbrad70

Id get the Losi also, just incase you ever want to test it out at the track you'll be set already. Any truggy can bash, and any truggy can break.
Old 07-08-2009, 06:56 PM
dominicevans

I'm in the same boat!! IF you get the x2 then you have crappy electronics and spin start. RC8t then it isnt that durable well the buggy and the radio isnt that great and you still stuck with spin start. But the losi completly different in terms of electronics and starting system so...the 8T 2.0 it is
Old 07-08-2009, 07:07 PM
supertib

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mugen !!!!!

most durable brankd of Truggies ! no questions asked !
Old 07-08-2009, 07:49 PM
revoskid32

Do mugens have RTRs?
Old 07-08-2009, 08:36 PM
DrDremel

ORIGINAL: dominicevans

I'm in the same boat!! IF you get the x2 then you have crappy electronics and spin start. RC8t then it isnt that durable well the buggy and the radio isnt that great and you still stuck with spin start. But the losi completly different in terms of electronics and starting system so...the 8T 2.0 it is
I wasn't aware that my RC8Twasn't durable???? This is definatly news to me.....

By the way....the servo's and stamped aluminum on the 8-t is nothing to brag about either....and even with the spin start the RC8T has, atleast you can use a starter box without changing motor mounts (like the old 8-t rtr). And, in all honesty, the radio that comes with the RC8T is one of the best FM radios I've ever handled.......so what if it isn't 2.4? It's still a great RTR radio.
Old 07-08-2009, 08:40 PM
djzachtyler
My Feedback: (4)

losi 8ight-t 2.0 IS the best RTR offering available... I did alot of research before I bought mine, and am no noob to nitro either. pound for pound the Losi is a great buy any way you look at it.
Old 07-08-2009, 09:30 PM
DrDremel

I never said it was a bad deal for the gear it brings. Merely stating that there are better "bashing" truggys out there than the losi.... And I speak from the experience of working in a hobby shop... I handled more losi's than anything else just because they honestly weren't that great for bashing.....
Old 07-09-2009, 01:57 AM
HerrSavage

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

What's the price difference between an RC8T RTR and the Losi 8T 2.0 RTR?

ps And supertib, whether or not that MBX6T will make as good a basher as the 5 remains to be seen.. Lotta' carbon there... Still, if I ever change brands from Asso, it will be to Mugen... For racing though..
Old 07-13-2009, 11:22 AM
Johnny Chingas

XTM XST!! You will have a couple hundred dollars left over to upgrade or replace any broken parts! Parts replacement is definitely a concern for bashers cuz sooner or later it will break. Good Luck!