Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

Take out the $$$$ factor and what would you build?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

Take out the $$$$ factor and what would you build?

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2011, 12:58 PM
EloyM
My Feedback: (194)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Take out the $$$$ factor and what would you build?

An Embraer (Brazil) "Tucano" with turboprop engine.
Old 01-29-2011, 01:11 PM
airraptor
My Feedback: (66)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Take a four Moki 250's and make them into two double row radial engines. Build a F-7F tigercat that i could fit them in. i would do everything possible to match Big Bossman in Reno Air Races.
Old 01-29-2011, 01:16 PM
Mustangman40
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: MrPheer

I build this, exactly like the one in the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SeSDahp3Okk

Man that sounded good, awesome..........
Old 01-29-2011, 01:19 PM
Mustangman40

ORIGINAL: john534

ORIGINAL: Mustangman40

Well this should make for some fun, not to rattle things up like NCIS did, just some good reading...

If money wasnt a concern and for some, that might be the case, what would you build?

If you had the time and funds to build any RC plane you wanted, tell us about it...

For me it would be a giant Mustang P-51D, it would have to be bigger then 144'' maybe 168'', being I see some 144'' birds being done already..[img][/img]So with the mind set of being the biggest and baddest, no comes the power plant..

I would find me a company to build me amotor that fit in the cowl, flies scale at half throttle and balls to the wall at full. Real scale exhausts is a must as well and turning a 4 blade pron non the less. Remembermoney is notan issue! Germany makes somepretty dang good stuff, but i like to keep the money in the USA so I might move a few families over to make my motor!! Why not, were high rolling on this one![img][/img]

Every scale thing would be done and working, might hire the worlds best builders to joinin. I wouldmove themas well, if need be...[img][/img]

OK, lets here about your dream plane!!!!!

Mustangman, you think like I do.....

If you want a bad Mustang, like I do, how about this..... http://www.vogelsang-aeroscale.com/fischermustang.html and to power it, we are gonna need some serious HP with a reduction for the scale prop and some low level high adrenaline passes....so..... lets get one of these from Detlefs short production run of 220cc V4 Fourstroke ..... http://www.warbirdforum.de/forum/thr...65ab2e7d072e1f

If that doesn't get your panties in a bunch, well....

a true 1/3 scale pony....... http://www.cmsmithplans.com/html/catalog.html ...... and by my choice I would make the plug and do it up as a composite setup.
and once again the Germans no how to get it done, a 300cc V6 Fourstroke........ http://www.warbirdforum.de/forum/thr...65ab2e7d072e1f

Of course all the trimmings will break our bank account.... and are we gonna build a new shop just to house it? Oh well, its just money.... what do we care!!!!

I guess my Comp ARF will have to suffice for now.....

Enjoy!

John
John, man that bird is awesome... Going to get my lottery ticket, you never know.....lol
Old 01-29-2011, 03:55 PM
on_your_six
My Feedback: (11)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Money is no object, right???

I want a UAS Global Hawk..with all the bells and whistles... I also need support staff... and lots of satellite time.

Well, it is your fault, you asked!! [8D]

I am also in the market for a small nation that needs a dictator. ... gotta go, my shrink is calling.
Old 01-29-2011, 04:44 PM
Broken Wings
My Feedback: (20)

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

http://www.vogelsang-aeroscale.com/s...ngmeister.html

this is a nice kit....
Old 01-29-2011, 05:21 PM
hemiflyer1
My Feedback: (2)

I'd have me a mig 29- turbine powered, say about 60'' span, 100'' long fully tricked/scaled out .Ever since I saw the full scale fly at an airshow, that jet has had a soft spot in my heart. You can not believe the show this guy put on. He did this thing called the colbra...awsome.The LOW altitude loop was really cool also. The U.S. jets would just roll out on top,but not this guy.
Old 01-29-2011, 06:15 PM
Voodoo101

I'm not sure 'cause it'll never happen, but I think I could be happy for a very long time with a copy of the 100cc Beast.

Do I get a trailer to carry it in as well? I'd hate having to disassemble the Beast everytime I went to the field.

Hmmmm....could I have a large scale C-130 to carry my 100cc Beast?
Old 01-29-2011, 07:52 PM
John Sohm
My Feedback: (9)

Four Moki 250 radials in a suitable sized B-17G with fully operating bomb bay with an FPV "Norden bomb sight complete with crosshairs to line up on the bomb run, movable upper turret and ball turret that operated in a random search pattern for bogies, all done up in natural metal and finished with my uncle's markings from the 336th BS, 95th BG(H) (Square B - First over Berlin) "Paisano" serial number 2102450 call letters ET K. Hydraulic brakes, functioning cowl fins and smoke system to simulate contrails. THAT is my dream plane. Never met my uncle, he was shot down and killed Aug. 2, 1944 while acting as lead bombardier while testing the new radar aided bomb sight. I got the info from his best friend who had taken over as commander of the 336th so his crew transferred to the 412th. Of the original crew, my uncle was the only one killed because he wasn't with his buddies that day. Cruel twist of fate. That would definitely be it though, here's to you uncle Frank.
Old 01-30-2011, 01:34 AM
wm6929

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hsoZSp7kN_I[/youtube]
Old 01-30-2011, 04:51 AM
Lifer

Received 29 Likes on 28 Posts

GiantScaleTwins F-82 with a pair of G62's. Would also need a new vehicle.
Old 01-30-2011, 06:56 AM
IL2windhawk

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: EloyM

An Embraer (Brazil) ''Tucano'' with turboprop engine.
Superb choice

I'd go for a large Ho229 with turbines.

Time is usually the limiting factor, more than money.
Old 01-30-2011, 08:02 AM
Meschmidt
My Feedback: (15)

30% ME-262 No paint job, just with the ugly aluminun panels and dirty as hell ! Real loud turbines , not real fast. Shoots fire out a few seconds when it starts. Loud backfire every once in a while in the air. Smokes really bad and stinks like hell after you shut it down. Have to pump one of the tires up with a bicycle pump before every flight. Super reliable and fly it many times at shows. My dream plane ! Paul
Old 01-30-2011, 08:12 AM
blkbird

I would want a quarter scale warbird fleet. P-51, P-47, P-40, P-39, ME 262, Spitfire...you get the idea!!!
Old 01-30-2011, 09:55 AM
I-fly-any-and-all

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: Mustangman40

Well this should make for some fun, not to rattle things up like NCIS did, just some good reading...

If money wasnt a concern and for some, that might be the case, what would you build?

If you had the time and funds to build any RC plane you wanted, tell us about it...

For me it would be a giant Mustang P-51D, it would have to be bigger then 144'' maybe 168'', being I see some 144'' birds being done already..[img][/img] So with the mind set of being the biggest and baddest, no comes the power plant..

I would find me a company to build me a motor that fit in the cowl, flies scale at half throttle and balls to the wall at full. Real scale exhausts is a must as well and turning a 4 blade pron non the less. Remember money is not an issue! Germany makes some pretty dang good stuff, but i like to keep the money in the USA so I might move a few families over to make my motor!! Why not, were high rolling on this one![img][/img]

Every scale thing would be done and working, might hire the worlds best builders to join in. I would move them as well, if need be...[img][/img]

OK, lets here about your dream plane!!!!!

oh man you sure hit the nail on the head!!! a F-2G reno racing corsair big enough for me to sit in and pilot, but construction would be out of ply wood, and carbon fiber. With a alumium frame!

or better yet! I'd resurrect the old royal / marutaka scale kits but make em out of fiberglass and keep the aluminum spun cowls.

I'd do their b-17 with rotating cylinder valve (RCV)'s around .20 cu to fit in cowls with flaps and electric retracts.
similar for other kits, all would have custom machined retractable gear with them and custom machined engines designed for power but to fit inside the aluminum cowls!!!
Old 01-30-2011, 10:48 AM
check6ii
My Feedback: (12)

I would love to buils a LARGE Lockheed Constellation. 8 or 10 ft. span, polished aluminum finish done in TWA colors.......OR a massive Chinna Clipper flying boat.
Old 01-30-2011, 10:56 AM
77chickenhawk

the 4 stroke V-6 you were talking bout .....can you post photo's from the site and info about it???? the site cant get to to see the link you posted

thankx
Old 01-30-2011, 11:01 AM
Mustangman40

ORIGINAL: John Sohm

Four Moki 250 radials in a suitable sized B-17G with fully operating bomb bay with an FPV "Norden bomb sight complete with crosshairs to line up on the bomb run, movable upper turret and ball turret that operated in a random search pattern for bogies, all done up in natural metal and finished with my uncle's markings from the 336th BS, 95th BG(H) (Square B - First over Berlin) "Paisano" serial number 2102450 call letters ET K. Hydraulic brakes, functioning cowl fins and smoke system to simulate contrails. THAT is my dream plane. Never met my uncle, he was shot down and killed Aug. 2, 1944 while acting as lead bombardier while testing the new radar aided bomb sight. I got the info from his best friend who had taken over as commander of the 336th so his crew transferred to the 412th. Of the original crew, my uncle was the only one killed because he wasn't with his buddies that day. Cruel twist of fate. That would definitely be it though, here's to you uncle Frank.
Here's to your uncle Frank as well!!! I truly hope one day that you are able to build your uncles plane, that would be an awesome tribute to a war hero.........
Old 01-30-2011, 11:06 AM
Mustangman40

ORIGINAL: wm6929

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hsoZSp7kN_I[/youtube]
WOW, i put the headphones on and it sounds awesome.. The landing skirt the heck out of me, thought he pancaked it for sure!!!!!!
Old 01-30-2011, 12:00 PM
DeferredDefect

I take it back:

I'd want three or four of every Sig kit plus the engine requirements, covering, lots 'o' sandpaper and glue, etc!

Old 01-30-2011, 01:47 PM
scubajohn

i would build a starduster too replica of my dads full scall starduster with a seven cylinder radial

I would then bribe whom ever nesasary to get a C5A to haul it for me to the flying location of my choice where i could fly on jan 30th in 70 degree weather like is today here in central texas but i am thinking tropical island. and we all know hot chicks love models so i want a hot tub in the C5A
Old 01-30-2011, 02:07 PM
TA152

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

A 1/5 scale FW200 Condor with four Moki radials
Old 01-30-2011, 02:09 PM
Speedy-Gonzales
My Feedback: (202)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I love big seaplanes and this would be a beauty at 140"+ with piston or turboprops!

Shin Meiwa PS-1 US-1A Flying Boat
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dK0Fo...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3LKAh...7E960A1FBCA3EA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBCd_...eature=related
Old 01-30-2011, 05:31 PM
Mitchell-RCU
My Feedback: (49)

BVM F-4 Very impressive plane.

Mitchell
Old 01-30-2011, 06:08 PM
hqdby1

Hmmmm even though I have a pilots licence anyway but you say we are not allowed full scale if not a real F35B than a huge scale one.

A fully functional F25B 1/2 scale with working guided weapons and vtol/stol/ctol etc... Basically like some one had shrunk the real thing. Then for the Tx I would have like a simulator that you sit in, surrounded by telemetry from the plane and with the touch screens and some weird satellite control system to link it with the aircraft. You get the idea...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.