Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

Foil question

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2014, 05:51 PM
Chris Nicastro
My Feedback: (3)

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

Believe me Ed, Im on your side and I agree with your viewpoint about the more renaissance hand skill sets and craftsmanship oriented trades. Its sad but true but technology is here to stay and for any modeler who wants to achieve a particular finish it will require skill development, practice.
So, I'm not knocking your product, Ive considered using it or something similar but only recently have I been more seriously considering an all metal finish. I prefer mostly painted planes personally. Like I said before I was curious about an alternative adhesive or technique that would reduce or eliminate the texture inherent in the product application process.
Lastly, personally, what turns me off to a full metal foil finish is day to day living with the model. Transportation and handling the model will produce hangar rash and thats not cool with me. So in that case paint, plating, or something like that is more durable for me.