Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

Great planes mini f86 Sabre

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

Great planes mini f86 Sabre

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2012, 02:07 PM
Datavision

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Great planes mini f86 Sabre

How does it fly, it looks cute as hell, but does it fly, I bought a mini Sabre from Banana that died on the first flight when the ESC smoked, it's not an expensive toy, but I do want it to actually fly.
Old 05-04-2012, 08:54 PM
Charlie P.

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default RE: Great planes mini f86 Sabre

Hot for a park flyer. Ihave one and am pleased with the overall design and function. The elevators are kind of flimsey and the port had 2x of the throw of the starboard so Idid some "reconstruction" to move the control rod along the horn closer to the hinge to achieve a better throw. Now they are matched. Required some breaking of foam but the results paid off. (Iused JB Weld to secure the horn back into the foam)

Flies very well and is a lot of fun in a small package. The presentation is fairly scale and would make a nice display on a stand of some sort.

I'm worried about the long-term ability of the aileron horns to survive gearless landings without tearing away from the control surfaces, but so far so good. It would be an easy insurance to add smal piano-wire (or even small paper-clip wire)slids in the provided landing gear bases that would protect the aileron horns. I'll likely do that.

The 250mAh pack is good for about four minutes averaging 3/4 throtle. Get two. Comes with a 12v car-plug charger that takes 30 minutes to recharge the pack. A Futaba Tx charge plug will fit the equalizing charger so if you have a battery eliminator at home you can use that. Perhaps even the starter jacks on a field flight box with 12v battery.