Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

which muffler is the best for DLE 55?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

which muffler is the best for DLE 55?

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2012, 11:09 AM
siavashrc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default which muffler is the best for DLE 55?

Hi.
I bought ESM BF-109 50cc today, and I have DLE 55 for that , But its without muffler, So I am looking for a good muffler , which muffler is the best for that do you think? I want to have a scale plane with scale sound, I look this muffler :
what do you think?
Old 05-10-2012, 12:02 PM
VIRGINIA MODEL BUILDERS
My Feedback: (159)

Default RE: which muffler is the best for DLE 55?

Good day,
We are dealers for both this plane and engine.On my FW190 I am using a Bisson Muffler. Now if you realy want to get scale, come off of the engine muffler and run the exhaust through the actual exhaust stacks of the plane.To do this the first step will be to create exhaust pipes made out of metal to replace the plastic supplied in the arf.
Old 05-10-2012, 03:29 PM
vertical grimmace
My Feedback: (1)

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

ORIGINAL: VIRGINIA MODEL BUILDERS

Good day,
We are dealers for both this plane and engine.On my FW190 I am using a Bisson Muffler. Now if you realy want to get scale, come off of the engine muffler and run the exhaust through the actual exhaust stacks of the plane.To do this the first step will be to create exhaust pipes made out of metal to replace the plastic supplied in the arf.
That is a giant task. While it may sound like a good Idea, not really very practical for most. That can that you have is certainly a good choice. I have one of those. I have not had a chance to run it yet, but I do know that they sound great.
Old 05-10-2012, 03:56 PM
soarrich
My Feedback: (98)

I have used that header canister. You'll find you lose about 200 rpm off the top end, but they sound very mellow, I like mine. The header is flexible as in you bend it to fit the plane, not as in it adsorbs the engines vibrations. If you mount it and anything shakes the header will break right by the engine flange. You want the engine mounted very solidly and the canister end of the pipe mounted very solidly too.

A good Pitt's style muffler is the TBM Silent Beauty.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Tr51330.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	104.5 KB
ID:	1761323