Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

sierra retracts ?

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2012, 08:04 PM
WhiteRook
My Feedback: (38)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default sierra retracts ?

will the sierra giant scale 100 degree retracts for the hellcat , fit a taylor corsair? anybody know ?
Old 05-19-2012, 09:50 PM
BobH
My Feedback: (2)

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts
Default RE: sierra retracts ?

Who's hellcat? the BT corsair is only about 83 inches yes?
Old 05-19-2012, 10:25 PM
Chad Veich
My Feedback: (60)

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

http://www.rcmf.co.uk/4um/index.php/topic,91012.0.html
Old 05-20-2012, 06:15 AM
WhiteRook

cmp hellcat , but they are heavy duty
Old 05-20-2012, 06:28 AM
WhiteRook

i dont think i'll be building a new wing , but cool pics and threads . its a wing thickness issue with the BT . corsair

i wonder why sierra doesnt give dimensions on the upper mechs on their retracts. the height is the key , bates sells
an 80 inch cat and a 96 inch cat , the cat gear they have fits both according to the web page . i guess i have to call em because they DONT answer e mail.

the big question is what is the thickness of the 80 inch cat wing
Old 05-20-2012, 10:59 AM
Chad Veich
My Feedback: (60)

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

ORIGINAL: WhiteRook

i dont think i'll be building a new wing , but cool pics and threads . its a wing thickness issue with the BT . corsair

i wonder why sierra doesnt give dimensions on the upper mechs on their retracts. the height is the key , bates sells
an 80 inch cat and a 96 inch cat , the cat gear they have fits both according to the web page . i guess i have to call em because they DONT answer e mail.

the big question is what is the thickness of the 80 inch cat wing
Why would you have to build a new wing? The Sierra retracts shown in that thread are made specifically for the Taylor Corsair. The only reason that guy built a new wing for his Corsair is because the old one got wrecked. You most likely would have to modify the retract mounting rails but I don't think a whole new wing is necessary. I have the Sierra retracts for the 80 inch Hellcat and can provide the measurements that you seek. However, if Sierra is now making a set specifically for the Taylor Corsair then there is a good chance that the upper mechanism is different since that is the trouble spot on the Corsair. Anyway, if you want the dimensions for the Hellcat gear I can provide them.
Old 05-22-2012, 05:21 PM
WhiteRook

i guess i didnt read the thread well enough , i guess he crashed it.

the width between the rails is 1 9/16 and the lenght of the rails is 2 13/16 , THAT rail lenght Would be from nose to tail. for the BT F4-U

if you want to give me the numbers on the hellcat gear id apreciate it , but i got a feeling their wider between the rails.

the height from the flanges to the top of the upper mechs is only 1 inch on the BT CORSAIR unitracts , correct me if im wrong, pretty short.

THANKS chad

thanks