Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

ESM LA-7 CG help?

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2012, 04:23 PM
Jonboy2
My Feedback: (62)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default ESM LA-7 CG help?

Finishing up a ESM LA-7 Lavachkin that I hope to maiden later this week. Trying to get the CG dialed in. The manual says 168mm back from leading edge. I have read in some forums that 160mm back is good while others have said 155 to 150mm back. Please, anyone with any experience with this bird please post your thoughts. I do appreciate it. Thanks Jon
Old 05-28-2012, 03:43 AM
Dash7ATP

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: ESM LA-7 CG help?

Try to start at around 28%of MAC.

Too far forward and it should fly but may feel nose heavy be sluggish in pitch.

Too far aft and it may require a rebuild.

Good luck.

Dash
Old 05-28-2012, 10:26 AM
AZThud

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: ESM LA-7 CG help?

Hi I have 50 plus flights on mine now and I have the CG at 150 ish could be 153 or so. The ground handling at this is good and it tracks like its on rails, elevator is as close to 0 degrees as my eye can tell after trimming it out. I will say this however inverted flight needs a deliberate push forward and slow roll need some forward stick to check the noses desire to head for the ground. As Dash said if you too far foreward with the CGplane flys bad and is sluggish is pitch, to far back plane flies once! :-) I would suggest you try 150 / 155 and see, its easier to move it back than to rebuild it!

Link to flight Video of mine

http://www.movingmoment.net/La7.wmv

Cheers