Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

Hobbyking rubbish service update - BEWARE!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

Hobbyking rubbish service update - BEWARE!

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2012, 08:50 PM
Peter_OZ
Banned
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Hobbyking rubbish service update - BEWARE!

folks,
just an update on this ongoing debacle from HobbyKing.

bought a pwersupply from them which failed, countless emails, threats of legal action and had our consumer affairs dept involved.

Eventually after much cajoling they agreed to the failed one being sent to their AU warehouse. It then took 2 weeks and a few emails before they ackowledged that it was in fact faulty.

Instead of a refund they decided to only give a "store credit" for the item cost only, never mind the shipping cost. I refused to accept it and demanded a full refund back to my paypal account.

They have since said they will refund to my paypal account but I am unclear if it will be the full amount or just the item cost. It had better be the full costs or I am going to blow up!!

Guys note of warning when using this mob. Be prepared for a battle if you have a warranty claim and stick to your guns. do not stand for the BS they try and fob you off with.

cheers
Peter
Old 08-17-2012, 04:41 AM
ProScaleRc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Hobbyking rubbish service update - BEWARE!

I recently bought a foamy Extra PNP off them which arrived with a bent prop shaft. I took a video of this and sent this to their customer service expecting a replacement motor at the least or a replacement plane as it ws just a foamy ... After waiting 2 weeks they gave me a $3 credit. ***?
Old 08-17-2012, 05:35 AM
da Rock

Thanks for the 2nd warning.

However, this forum is the Warbird forum and threads really should be about Warbirds and Warplanes.

Sorry we don't have a Bashing forum, as one really is needed, but we don't. Until we do, please stick to the topic of the forum in which your thread is started in.
Old 08-18-2012, 11:33 PM
Peter_OZ
Banned
My Feedback: (1)

the power supply is used for my warbirds to charge their battery packs. Hence I believe it is a very appropriate place to post this.

We warbird flyers use many items and when we come accross a supplier with piss poor service like them then we should be able to notify all and sundry so others are not taken in.

furthermore there are a 1000 threadsright through RCU bashing one supplier or other so lets be consistent.
Old 08-19-2012, 03:43 AM
da Rock

Warbird flyers also use engines. Threads that are more about engine problems than warbirds have the Engine forums. Yet, if a member has problems with the engine installed in his warbird and the installation has to do with that type warbird, here is a good place to get help.

Unfortunately, nothing about the problem you're having really has anything to do specifically with Warbird flying at all. It's a general problem and following your reasoning, would suit almost every forum we have. RCU also has rules against broadcasting across the forums that require members to choose the best forum for their thread. Since your order and experience with that supplier really isn't really warbird specific, it really belongs somewhere else.

In fact, we already allowed one thread. They are all judgement calls. It's worthwhile to be loose on the rules sometimes. However, that thread died out and starting another brings your topic into the realm of bashing. It's obvious you intend to keep your message alive, and quite frankly this forum will not benefit from having a repeating thread or threads all over it bashing suppliers. One reason RCU rules mention bashing is how negatively those threads impact the unique topics of our forums.

Not only that, but notice the rule you see every time you 'quick post'? Please resist the urge to curse, flame, degrade, insult or embarrass someone in your post. That sentence says, "someone" for a reason. It covers everyone, even lousy businesses. The reasons for rules that try to keep topics pertinent and keep members for flaming is simple. Forums that are filled with negative about anyone really aren't much fun, and often aren't worth spending time in.

Please, let's stick closer to the Warbird topic, and lighten up on the flaming.