Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

Tf 60 p51 dle 20

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2018, 08:40 PM
lancairmustang

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tf 60 p51 dle 20

Hey guys

So I got this like new TF 60 sized P51 that i bought used for 200 bucks rtf. I took out the os 120 that was in it and bought a die 20. Just wondering what kind of standoffs/mounts you guys have? I have the futaba t8fgs transmitter and Im going to get a r6208sb for the receiver because I have more than 6 channels. What kind of retracts do you guys use for these planes? Im not a fan of the stock retracts.
Thanks guys
Trevor
Old 02-17-2018, 11:25 PM
the Wasp
My Feedback: (1)

Received 41 Likes on 39 Posts

What kind of retracts do you guys use for these planes? Im not a fan of the stock retracts.
well, as for electric retracts,, after some 9+ months of researching retracts for my VQ .60 size P-40 I have come to believe the Eflight 60-120 size retracts have no more complaints than retracts costing $50 to $150 more, so I ordered them and I was very surprised to find just how smooth they work, to add you can buy a Programmer for them that other, higher priced brands don't have,, just don't blame me if you have a problem with them, cause you could buy a higher priced brand and have problems, that's what I learned in those 9+ months,,
as for struts the Eflight 60-120 size struts fit Eflight's 60-120 retracts, other brands don't fit,, and most likely no mater what strut you buy you will have to cut them to length,,

BTW, the Eflight 60-120 size retract is rated for up to a 15 pound plane, and if you brake a retract (any retract) in a bad landing it's your fault, and to buy one 60-120 size Eflight retract it doesn't really cost that much, about $60, $70

good luck !!

Jim

Last edited by the Wasp; 02-17-2018 at 11:35 PM.