Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

Topflite P51D continued construction

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

Topflite P51D continued construction

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2024, 03:03 PM
gonzalobures

Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts
Default Topflite P51D continued construction

It has been a long while since i published any info on the Topflite P51D build. I aleady finished my 1st fiber glassing ever, I glassed the wing, the fuselage and all other panels. My friend Wilfredo Rivera gaveme some lessons and i think that I was able to implement his techings pretty weel.
I finished giving the model a coarse primmer, sanded it and then gave it a fine primmer. I modeled all panel lines and rivet lines in the wing, control surfaces and fuselage. My last step accomplished is making the rivets. I utilized a blunt needle 18 gauge and syringe and made the rivets by hand one by one. Today I finished that task. If you notice, I taped the graphics of the model in place so i wouldn't make rivets were the graphics would go. Once I paint the model, I will install the graphics, pass the panel lines and make the rivets on th top of the graphics so they show as been painted over. Then I will give a satin clear coting to protect everything from the elements.
Next step will be painting, Once i finish that step I will update the blog.

Hope to be finishing the painting in May.

Take care and happy flying.