Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

TF GS P47 Build - yeah another bloody one!!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

TF GS P47 Build - yeah another bloody one!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2008, 06:28 PM
BOLTMAN
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: TF GS P47 Build - yeah another bloody one!!

Hi Peter,

What size are the batteries that you you just got in?

I wouldn't mind throwing a new battery in my Jug after all that work and it has been flying for 2 years on the one that is in it.

Cheers

Mick
Old 03-11-2008, 06:44 PM
rt3232
My Feedback: (6)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi Mick

Great looking bird, so I have a question how visible do you think the colers will be in the air ?? with this old birds eyes I wonder about the blue as I am still looking at coller schame, but 1 for a bubble top,

Bob
Old 03-11-2008, 06:47 PM
rt3232

ORIGINAL: BOLTMAN

ORIGINAL: Peter_OZ

mine used to be very understanding and easy going. I use the words used to. No more need be said [&o]
Mine can't say she did not know what she was in for, I flew a model at our wedding between the cerimony and the reception...................

One of my rules is - "Love me........ Love my planes............"

Mick
Well mine is still understanding after 46 years , but on the day we got married I don't think so hehe

Bob
Old 03-11-2008, 11:49 PM
Peter_OZ
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yeah well lthe thing is mine used to fly too, she had her bronze wings rating. Now she is just cranky!

Singledom is really looking good!!
Old 03-11-2008, 11:53 PM
Peter_OZ
Banned

Hi Peter,

What size are the batteries that you you just got in?

I wouldn't mind throwing a new battery in my Jug after all that work and it has been flying for 2 years on the one that is in it.

Cheers

Mick
all with JR 22 AWG leads

4.8V 1100mA/h NiCd - AA
4.8V 1400mA/h NiCd - AE
6.0V 1100mA/h NiCd - AA
6.0V 1700mA/h NiCd - AE
6.0V 2400mA/h NiCd - SC
Old 03-12-2008, 02:23 PM
rt3232

Well out of shear disparayion and not having good loch doing the masking thing, I have followed the thread "The Making of a Canopy Frame" hear are the picafter glassong, will let cure over nite and see how it came out.

Bob

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Fc90110.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	49.9 KB
ID:	901727   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fa86595.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	41.6 KB
ID:	901728  
Old 03-12-2008, 04:20 PM
ticketec
My Feedback: (2)

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Mine can't say she did not know what she was in for, I flew a model at our wedding between the cerimony and the reception...................

One of my rules is - "Love me........ Love my planes............"

Mick
Nice!!! I didn't even think of that one. My wife's doesn't like my planes at all, mainly because when we started going out, i was riding motorbikes at the time and not playing with models, i started back up before we got married and she used to say that they wern't part of the deal, but after 3 years of marriage she is starting to accept that it's always going to be a part of my life...

I find that there is a limit to how much time i can spend on the models before her distain levels being to increase,(and that a lot of time!), all i do is just spend more time with her for a week or so and her distain levels come back to normal. it's just finding the right balance of time that is the trick.

Old 03-12-2008, 04:23 PM
ticketec

FAIR DINKUM there is anice calender there hehehe

looks good Mick, you doing the blue border around the bar?

Man that was fast work, want to come finish off mine for me hehe
Hi Peter

Re finishing your Jug, I will paint it if you do all the sanding!!!!!!![sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif]

Cheers

Mick
Forgot to mention about doing your Jug, I meant I will only do the painting, not only will you have to do the sanding but you can do all the masking too!!!!!!

Ok, if Mick paints her for you, then i'll do the weathering! Between mick and i we'll work out who will spray the markings on too!

Reckon we should get a twiddle of the sticks when we finish her for all this, what do you reckon Mick?

Thanks

dave

Old 03-12-2008, 05:56 PM
Peter_OZ
Banned

ORIGINAL: rt3232

Well out of shear disparayion and not having good loch doing the masking thing, I have followed the thread "The Making of a Canopy Frame" hear are the picafter glassong, will let cure over nite and see how it came out.

Bob

bob, I think that method will work well for you, a damn sight easier then the way I did it. And FASTER too

cheers
Peter
Old 03-12-2008, 06:03 PM
Peter_OZ
Banned

Dave,
that is a very fine balancing act indeed, but they need to realise is that you are in your workshop where they know EXACTLY where you are, you not off chasing the barmaid etc.

I seem to recall I study that was done where they concluded that men who had a hobby made the best family men, read that as husbands.

In my case she used to love the models, now I dont think it is the models as such but anything I enjoy. Anyway she has her "bible bashing" activities and I will stick to my models.

just wish her bad moods would subside, man like walking on egg shells all the time.

Batteries: Startrack Express, a wholely ownded subsidiary of QF and the apparantly the wolds smartest delivery system with the worlds dumbest drivers left a card in the mail box yestrday for the missed delivery.

I have left the card signed on the front door so should have them today.

cheers
Peter
Old 03-12-2008, 06:23 PM
Peter_OZ
Banned

ORIGINAL: ticketec

FAIR DINKUM there is anice calender there hehehe

looks good Mick, you doing the blue border around the bar?

Man that was fast work, want to come finish off mine for me hehe
Hi Peter

Re finishing your Jug, I will paint it if you do all the sanding!!!!!!![sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif]

Cheers

Mick
Forgot to mention about doing your Jug, I meant I will only do the painting, not only will you have to do the sanding but you can do all the masking too!!!!!!

Ok, if Mick paints her for you, then i'll do the weathering! Between mick and i we'll work out who will spray the markings on too!

Reckon we should get a twiddle of the sticks when we finish her for all this, what do you reckon Mick?

Thanks

dave

Dave between you and Mick you guys will force me to complete this damn thing. mmm maybe I could get it done with some cheap labour hehehe

?I will definitely be asking for your help on the weathering, though I want to keep it subtle as the one I'm basing it on is a rebuild so in very good nick.

Yup you can twiddle the sticks all you like and when you are done I will put the battery back in too !! hehehehe

Got bugger all done on the SF last night, cut out the slots for the flap horns and fitted other aileron control horn. At least it is progress. Inner gear doors are still going to be a pain, undecided on how to do them still, over the weekend I am going to have a very close look.

Then was time to watch "underbelly" on the telly. What a great show! And so very close to the mark too which is scary.
Old 03-12-2008, 07:13 PM
rt3232

Pete

You can't finish your 47, If you do I wont have anybody to what to do next, just get it done the way you want.

I did cheet and pulled the canopy off from the fussand things look good will post pic' tomarrow

Bob
Old 03-12-2008, 07:47 PM
ticketec

Batteries: Startrack Express, a wholely ownded subsidiary of QF and the apparantly the wolds smartest delivery system with the worlds dumbest drivers left a card in the mail box yestrday for the missed delivery.

...... all this QF Bashing sounds like you want me to give'm a hurry up?, P.s. not a whole owned subsidiary because QF is in bed 50-50 with Aust post. Anyway, would love to help but getting ready to weather a P-47

And i fly heaps better with the batteries in, Trust me, i tried it once. Mick might be a little better at it

Thanks

dave
Old 03-12-2008, 11:35 PM
BOLTMAN

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I was just getting excited about using Pete's Jug to finally learn to fly mode 1

Mick
Old 03-12-2008, 11:58 PM
Peter_OZ
Banned

well bob, at least then you will have the whole story completed to learn from!
Old 03-13-2008, 12:12 AM
spitmad

You guys crack me up ......[sm=lol.gif].......all this moaning about your wives doing the moaning.....please don't get me started.
I think this is all part and parcel of the sanctity of marriage, it's called the suffering,.....it comes after the engagement ring and wedding ring

My wife pi$$es and moans when I spent too much time in the shed..........then when I'm inside she tells me to stop moaning about the crap on TV and tells me to get out and go to my shed ....

Pete....I feel you pain concerning those egg shells.........seems to be one week of every month just like clock work....go figure[>:].
My wife knows that if it's not toy aeroplanes it will be the car racing or the sailing that occupies my time so she has learnt to live with it.....though she has tried her hardest to change all that I resist every attempt.

Just remind them that you could be down the pub every night instead of within hollering distance and they should get the message.

Ahh how good would it be to be single again .............and the sex would improve ten fold !!!![X(].......right .....that's enough of that train of thought...........back to whittling balsa and saying lots of "yes dear"

cheers

Alan
Old 03-13-2008, 12:19 AM
Peter_OZ
Banned

ORIGINAL: ticketec

...... all this QF Bashing sounds like you want me to give'm a hurry up?, P.s. not a whole owned subsidiary because QF is in bed 50-50 with Aust post. Anyway, would love to help but getting ready to weather a P-47

And i fly heaps better with the batteries in, Trust me, i tried it once. Mick might be a little better at it

Thanks

dave

yeah yeah

anyway lets hope they are there waiting when I get home. How about I let you have a go on the playstation?
Old 03-13-2008, 12:20 AM
SMUGator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Q. Why do men usually die before their wives?

A. They want to.

Tom
Old 03-13-2008, 12:21 AM
Peter_OZ
Banned

I was just getting excited about using Pete's Jug to finally learn to fly mode 1

Mick

mick it is always nice to have dreams and aspirations, in this case fantasies hehe
Old 03-13-2008, 12:36 AM
Peter_OZ
Banned

ORIGINAL: spitmad

You guys crack me up ......[sm=lol.gif].......all this moaning about your wives doing the moaning.....please don't get me started.
I think this is all part and parcel of the sanctity of marriage, it's called the suffering,.....it comes after the engagement ring and wedding ring

My wife pi$$es and moans when I spent too much time in the shed..........then when I'm inside she tells me to stop moaning about the crap on TV and tells me to get out and go to my shed ....

Pete....I feel you pain concerning those egg shells.........seems to be one week of every month just like clock work....go figure[>:].
My wife knows that if it's not toy aeroplanes it will be the car racing or the sailing that occupies my time so she has learnt to live with it.....though she has tried her hardest to change all that I resist every attempt.

Just remind them that you could be down the pub every night instead of within hollering distance and they should get the message.

Ahh how good would it be to be single again .............and the sex would improve ten fold !!!![X(].......right .....that's enough of that train of thought...........back to whittling balsa and saying lots of "yes dear"

cheers

Alan
suffering is right, like lving with a time bomb though one that goes off 24/7 and not just the monthly thing. Said to her this morhing, "go to the Drs and get your hormones checked" didnt that go down well, talk about a banshee

down the pub chasing skirt sounds better and better

sex? what the heck is that?
Old 03-13-2008, 12:38 AM
Peter_OZ
Banned

ORIGINAL: SMUGator

Q. Why do men usually die before their wives?

A. They want to.

Tom

they only give murderers 20 years, in a marriage you get life!

It's life Jim but not as we know it!

bloody women arrgghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh [:@]
Old 03-13-2008, 01:01 PM
rt3232

It helps to be allmost deeff, take the aid's out and she can babble all she wants, then I tell her the aids were out, she goes off muttering.

Well I can tell you the thread for a canopy frame is the way to go, it is easy, my screw up is I should have added at least 1 more layer, pulled off real easy and trimmed up pretty descent, but vary flimsy, may make another and try a layer of 6 oz in the middle, Pic's later as bat's in camera welt flat

BobT
Old 03-13-2008, 01:04 PM
SMUGator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm really liking that canopy frame idea as well. I may go back and do that on my Corsair canopy to give the sliders some beef to attach to.

Tom
Old 03-13-2008, 03:21 PM
rt3232

Tom

Winston was nice enough to let me have the one he did while writing the thread, and I have to tell you it is impressive workmanship and quality.

The more I fiddle with the one that I made for the 47 I am imclined to do another 2 layers of 3/4 oz, 2 of 4, and 2 final of 3/4 which should give me a total thickness of about 3/64 to 1/16

BobT
Old 03-13-2008, 08:30 PM
Peter_OZ
Banned

hehe I should try that. My ususual response is : yeah whatever!

Why dont you just put the frame back on and put down another layer or 2?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.