Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

Gauges (photos or drawings) Please?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

Gauges (photos or drawings) Please?

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2004, 10:11 PM
rpike
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gauges (photos or drawings) Please?

I'm making scale dashboards for the major kit designers ( Bates, Ziroli, Taylor, etc) in a few different sizes...I need photos or drawings of the original gauges. I'm making silicone molds and resin cast dashes. I would like to provide gauges with the dashes in the correct sizes so you would not have to try to make J-tech or some other thing fit. I understand that some wouldn't recognize the correct gauge and some would, but call me ishmael, I would. I have also tried Autocad, Designer, and a couple of others, but I can't seem to get them to reverse the color to get a black face and white(or blank) ink. Any help here would be exteeeeeeeemly appreciated. Most of the web sites I've visited just sell today's gauges( no pic's). Anyway, that's my story and I'm sticking to it.
thanks for your input,
Rob
Old 12-30-2004, 05:15 AM
mR JoLLy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Gauges (photos or drawings) Please?

I have no reference pictures of gauges, but to draw them I recently made some flat 2D gauges using Microsoft PowerPoint. Not the ideal product for this process but I think the gauges came out well. Once I got going with some templates things progressed quickly. Doing it this way begins to create a small library for the next project. The dials in the picture are about 6 hrs work. Very satisfying.

Colour is no problem. If you want to "negative" the image then there will not be a problem at all.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ki18666.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	46.0 KB
ID:	208258   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ez82140.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	54.5 KB
ID:	208259  
Old 12-30-2004, 09:11 AM
TLH101
My Feedback: (90)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Gauges (photos or drawings) Please?

May be some help here: http://gra.midco.net/mlgould/
also here: http://www.zenoswarbirdvideos.com/index.html