Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

kyosho zero and world models corsair

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

kyosho zero and world models corsair

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2005, 11:51 AM
djyoung

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default kyosho zero and world models corsair

Hi guys
I'm building a kyosho zero and I just got done with the retracts and main wing. Im using EZ 40 modified with EZ 60 struts. Due to the difficulty getting the good retracts such as robart... I had to settle for this.
What I noticed is that the main wing is made of balsa and foam. The landing gear mounts seem a bit weak. I reinforced them with some epoxy but Im wondering if anyone's had trouble and breakage with these....
I cant say I always land soft, but I am confident I wont land hard. It seems like it'll hold up but if you have anything to share, Please let me know.
Also, Im curious about the world models corsair. Im thinking of it as my next project.
The problem with being in Korea is the fact that its VERY difficult to get alot of the good ARF manufacturers out here. It seems the logical choice is to stick to KYOSHO and/or World models.
Any suggestions and comments are welcome!
Old 01-03-2005, 01:16 PM
Richard L.
My Feedback: (24)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: kyosho zero and world models corsair

I have Great Planes .60 size mechanical retracts one my Kyosho Zero, and I did not reinforce the langing gear mounts. However, the gear mounts are holding up fine after 100 flights on a grass runway. As for the World Models Corsair, my buddy had one and sold it after a few flights. He was not happy with it. You are better off getting the Kyosho Corsair, H9 Corsair, or Sportsman Aviation Corsair.