Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

Tidy wiring hints ?????

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

Tidy wiring hints ?????

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2005, 02:54 PM
heliraptor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tidy wiring hints ?????

Hi

I'm after some 'Tidy wiring ' hints or tips.

If you think you have a nice radio install and tidy wiring let us know your secrets and show us your pics.

Also the connections between wing and fuselage (servo and pneumatics) are there any special connector blocks, or systens available to make the process a simple one click affair, simple and secure ???????

Cheers

Lee
Old 01-12-2005, 06:55 PM
Peter_OZ
Banned
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Tidy wiring hints ?????

I always find simple items like panduit straps (cable ties) work wonders. You can also use paper tubes or similar to use as conduit in wings etc.

Using the ties I work my cabling into a loom, I also custom make my cables when required - have all the corect tools, connectors etc - ebay for those of course.

You can also use silicone to zap the cables to the side of the fuz, adavatage here is silone is flexible and the cables can be pulled out of it if need be.

As for wing to fuz connectors. Depending on how many leads there are you could subsisture by using a DB 9 or DB15, DB25 type connector that are normally used for data comms. You can buy solder type ones and they fit together very tightly so are very secure.

These ties and connetors are readily availble from any electronics store, radio shack and the like in the US, not sure what you have in the UK but there will be something.

cheers
Peter