Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

robart air restrictors

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

robart air restrictors

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2005, 07:25 PM
LDM
My Feedback: (15)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default robart air restrictors

I need to use some air restrictors on my robart retracts , I am correct to assume , large size hole on outbound air leadin to small size hole and large side hole on in bound air direction leading to the small size hole . This way air is reducded in both directions ?
Old 01-15-2005, 07:57 PM
TLH101
My Feedback: (90)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: robart air restrictors

Those little restrictors are a "PIA". You will be much happier with the adjustable valve. The restrictors not only restrict the exit air, but also the the inlet air. They can cause the gear to bind with the least little drag. Sometimes even the airflow over the gear will cause them not to go up, because there is not enough air volume moving through the system. The adjustable vale slows the gear by restricting the exit air, but still lets the full volume of air & pressure going to the cylinder do the work.
Old 01-15-2005, 07:59 PM
LDM

Thanks Terry but I cant seem to get the gear to slow down , what am I doing wrong ??? I have the robart adjustable valve , seem to have the down side smooth but the return into the wing slams
Old 01-15-2005, 08:09 PM
Richard L.
My Feedback: (24)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

First of all, turn both adjustment screws on the air valve clockwise all the way in to completely close both lines. Then open one screw 1/16 turn at a time until the gear slowly start to move. Repeat with the other screw.
Old 01-15-2005, 08:13 PM
LDM

Ok I will try that , i am working on it now , like I said the down side seems ok its the return ,
keep you posted
Old 01-15-2005, 08:26 PM
LDM

Thanks as always you guys are the best , thanks agian Rich , I was not patient enought in my attempts to get it correct . What was occuring was that when I made my initial adjustment I did not tighten the set screws enought for fear of damageing them so in-turn they were turning slighty as the gear slamed into the wing and then when I finally made them tight they were tight in a high speed motion .
Thanks again -I have this gear in the P47 picture in the Global post , I do not like Robart but Century is way to big for this plane