Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

STATIC PROPS

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2005, 08:35 AM
MEMPHISBELLE
My Feedback: (24)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default STATIC PROPS

I am looking for hamilton standard 3 blade static props in 1/9th scale any ideas? I need four of them so I would rather buy them than try to make them.

Thanks,Wes
Old 01-28-2005, 10:24 AM
rongreg13
My Feedback: (129)

Default RE: STATIC PROPS

Check out Aerotech's offerings. If you haven't seen them, they are fully resin molded props with one piece hubs and plug in blades. He offers a wide assortment in different scales, types, and blade count. You might want to give Wayne a call to see what he can hook you up with. Here's their webpage:

http://www.aerotechmodels.com/static.htm
Old 01-28-2005, 11:35 AM
Gremlin Castle
My Feedback: (14)

Most of the commercial offerings seem to be for 1/5th or 1/6th scale. I know that you are trying to avoid making your own but in that size carving one blade for a patern and casting 16 blades is not a big a project as it sounds. The other expensive option is to take some Bolly or other 3 blade carbon fiber props and grind sand fill and polish until you have a Hamilton blade profile. The dust from the materials is hazardous so that must be factored in. Or make one complete unit and cast 3 more from it.
ORIGINAL: MEMPHISBELLE

I am looking for hamilton standard 3 blade static props in 1/9th scale any ideas? I need four of them so I would rather buy them than try to make them.

Thanks,Wes
Old 01-28-2005, 10:35 PM
SCALECRAFT
My Feedback: (13)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi

As mentioned before, It is not a big deal. Especially if they are to be static blades. All you need is a pattern of the profile shape, traced on to plywood thick enough to sand a "pitch" into. The use of plywood exposes the layers of ply to give a visual of what and how much wood you have removed to create a pitch.

Plus ply prime and fills fast and easy. This would create your master blade that you would pour RTV silicone rubber around, then use urethane resin to make all the blades you want. RTV silicone, small kit $20.00, resin,$20.00

Again, non flying blade just needs to have the right paddle look and not a functioning airfoil.

All the stuff you need you can get from Smoothon.com. Or seach the net for it if web site fails to hookup.

Steve
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Rp44492.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	51.8 KB
ID:	221993   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wr53776.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	41.1 KB
ID:	221994