Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

Ziroli B-25 118in. sugestions welcome...

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

Ziroli B-25 118in. sugestions welcome...

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2005, 05:28 AM
propwashed
My Feedback: (13)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ziroli B-25 118in. sugestions welcome...

Getting ready to start a Ziroli B-25, 118in. Got the plans coming. Looking to see if any of you out there have built one. Trying to decide on a kit cutter. Any input welcome. Waiting to hear back from several cutters on availability. Also looking for motor options. The Zenoah 38's are spec'd for the kit. Will they completely hide in the cowling, enough power, ect.?

,Tripp
Old 01-30-2005, 08:43 AM
1wolf
My Feedback: (3)

Default RE: Ziroli B-25 118in. sugestions welcome...

suggest you check this out. http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_43...r/tm.htm#43414 It has lot of info on the 101 which builds the same
Old 01-30-2005, 10:10 AM
taildragger01
My Feedback: (10)

go to zirolis site there you will find a list of good cutters that have his kit ready . I prefer the Aeroplane works. the owner Gill and his son do fine work and they stand behind every thing they sell. they allso have links where you can get every thing you need. I have the Ziroli Dauntless and have had a lot of help fron Gill on the plane. Try www.theaeroplaneworks.com
Old 01-30-2005, 01:26 PM
the-plumber

ORIGINAL: 1wolf-RCU

suggest you check this out. http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_43...r/tm.htm#43414 It has lot of info on the 101 which builds the same
Ditto, in spades.

The exhaust fairings mentioned in that thread are nicely done and well worth getting.
Old 01-30-2005, 11:23 PM
propwashed

Thanks for the info guys. Hey 1wolf. Have you ever seen a completed "118in.- 25"? If so do you know what engines they used. I really want to hide completely in the cowl. Plug wires...gotta love 'em! I still haven't received my plans. They call for Zen. .38's, I'm anxious to know if they will completely conceal.
Old 01-31-2005, 07:19 AM
TomCrump

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I've seen one fly well. I don't know what engines the pilot used, however. I know that he had G38s in his smaller version, so I suspect he went larger on this one.
Old 01-31-2005, 08:15 AM
1wolf

I haven't seen the 118" I have built the 101 and I wish I had built the 118 instead. (bigger is always better right?) I am using RCS 1.8 F on my 2 and a third one I built is using a RCS 1.8 the difference being in th F the carb is in front. Doesn't seem like much difference but when your building it is a HUGE difference. That rear carb causes all kinds of difficulties. But their power is very impressive. Iwould think that either the 1.8's or the G-38's would be enough power as long as your weight stays in the 30's You are adding weight but you are also increasing your lift with the larger wings. I know a lot of people have used both of those engines on the smaller one and should be easy to hide with the larger cowls. I am sure this was disscused in the big thread somewhere. and there are a lot of 25 builders giving input there. Hope this helped! 1wolf
Old 02-03-2005, 03:09 AM
propwashed

Thanks, I got the plans today. I can only say Sa-Weet... This is huge. I'm pumped. I will definatley be building a new build table for this monster. Until rolling the plans out, it's hard to imagine. I've build 1/5 scale mustangs and many 25-30% sport, but this is going to be TOO COOL! photo's never due these birds justice as to the size. This is going to be a blast. Still looking into motor options The G38's, I'm sure would pull it fine, very scale like. But might not leave a lot to spare if a situation developed. I don't think they will hide completely though. I'm just not liking the idea of 2 monster plug cables hanging from a years worth of headscratching details, guns, and rivits. I think it just kills the fly-by. I'm sure I'll figure it out. Hey 1wolf I know I'll have questions for you if you dont mind. Sounds like you've had your hands full with the multi 25 build. Throw all the good, bad and ugly of the build, my way when you can.

Thanks,
Tripp
Old 02-03-2005, 11:07 PM
R/C Lee

For what its worth, I am building the 101" version of the B-25 and will be using G-38s because I fly at 3500 ft +/-. We always upgrade to a larger engine due to the altitude density issue and find that we can throttle back if necessary. I have really enjoyed the engineering involved in designing scale features into the B-25. I just hope your checkbook is large enough: two servos for engine throttle, two servos for engine cutoff, four servos for flaps, two servos for rudders, two servos for elevator, one servo for gear, two servos for ailerons, one servo for bomb bay, extra receiver, gyro on rudders, matchbox on flaps, matchbox on elevators, extra battery pack, optical isolator from Electrodynamics, oh, and by the way, I need a new 9 channel radio. And, now that the fuselage is framed up, I need a new shop. Maybe I'll just add on to the garage! Have fun, Lee
Old 02-03-2005, 11:45 PM
propwashed

Thanks for the response. Sounds like your flying out of Colorado....?, Iused to fly at high alt. in CO. and know what you mean about up-sizing. Currently I'm living in the Portland, Or. area ALT=+20-40FT. Nice and low. I hope 38's will work. But looking for other power options than the bulky gas heads. Were are you at in the build. Any pics? Send if you got 'em.

Thanks
Tripp
Old 02-03-2005, 11:51 PM
propwashed

Thanks for the response. Sounds like your flying out of Colorado....?, Iused to fly at high alt. in CO. and know what you mean about up-sizing. Currently I'm living in the Portland, Or. area ALT=+20-40FT. Nice and low. I hope 38's will work. But looking for other power options than the bulky gas heads. Were are you at in the build. Any pics? Send if you got 'em.

Thanks
Tripp
Old 02-04-2005, 07:12 PM
R/C Lee

Not in Colorado, but in Central Oregon, Sisters area.

So far, the wing is fully framed up, lower center section sheeting is on, outer wing panels complete and sheeted. I decided to put in four servos for the flaps, therefore no mechanical linkages to go wrong. Waiting on Ziroli for a set of Robart B-25 gears, then will finish nacelle hinging. I plan to put in the Ultra Precision valve and cylinders so doors open, gear drops, then doors close. That should look really neat, just like the full size bomber.

Tail is complete and sheeted. I am using two Hitec thin servos mounted in the stabilizer for rudders, and two metal gear servos mounted in the stabilizer for elevators. Again, no mechanical linkages to go wrong.

Fuselage is together on the crutch and some stringers attached. Again, waiting for the nose gear, so won't move ahead too much until I get it installed. Looking at the size of the fuselage has me thinking that I need a large shop. Maybe I can convince my wife that a shop is a good investment!

No pics yet, but I'll keep it in mind. If you like to build, this is one fun aircraft to work on.

Good luck, Lee