Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

Cermark Spitfire

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2007, 08:17 PM
easton24
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cermark Spitfire

Has anyone purchased and built a Cermark Spitfire? I noticed it on there website and was interested in it due them suggesting a 26 gas engine for it.
Old 06-05-2007, 05:40 PM
MK_IX
My Feedback: (32)

Default RE: Cermark Spitfire

If you look at the latest copy of Fly RC, there is a Product Review on this plane. I did not get around to reading the article yet.
Old 06-07-2007, 03:17 AM
jcflysrc
My Feedback: (50)

It is not featured in that magazine...just the SPE 26 engine they are offering with it. The plane and engine combo is $599.95, and air retracts are included. I am saving my pennies right now for it. I already have all the components waiting. Anyone else got it or going to get it? Looks pretty sweet.
Old 06-07-2007, 04:51 AM
LDM
My Feedback: (15)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like it but for the money it has no flaps [:@], I dont get why they would go to all the trouble of building a great looking plane like this and miss that major element
Old 06-07-2007, 05:38 AM
spitflier
My Feedback: (2)

I'm also looking to purchase this plane but would love to hear from someone who has one
Old 06-07-2007, 08:41 AM
MK_IX

ORIGINAL: jcflysrc

It is not featured in that magazine...just the SPE 26 engine they are offering with it. The plane and engine combo is $599.95, and air retracts are included. I am saving my pennies right now for it. I already have all the components waiting. Anyone else got it or going to get it? Looks pretty sweet.
Take a look at the August 2007 issue of Fly RC mag pages 84 to 88.
This is an in-depth review of the plane using an O.S. .91 Surpass.
I do not see any reference to a SPE 26 engine.
Old 06-07-2007, 09:40 AM
MK_IX

ORIGINAL: LDM

I like it but for the money it has no flaps [:@], I dont get why they would go to all the trouble of building a great looking plane like this and miss that major element
LDM -
I'm with you on the no flaps deal. I have a World Model's Spitfire GS (80" ws) and using an OS 1.60 with a 16x10 Xoar wood prop. This plane has split flaps and it really helps in landing the plane. I used decals from an old Pica kit that recreates the Johnnie Johnson markings similar to Cermark's spit. I then sealed all the decals and shot the whole plane with Top Flite's Lustracote flat clear. This is one of the best flying planes I have ever flown (that is quite a few) and the 1.60 really hauls this bird through the air. Huge difference in trying to land this plane without flaps as opposed to using them. Because of the smaller size for the Cermark spit, it's probably OK landing without them, but it sure looks fantastic seeing a plane with it's flaps down on final approach.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Xv64986.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	59.4 KB
ID:	699267  
Old 06-08-2007, 04:13 AM
jcflysrc

I checked the issue on the stand now...must be the wrong one. Check Cermark website for details on the combo . I plan to go with an Evolution 26.
Old 06-08-2007, 04:17 PM
LDM

MK , I first looked at the world spit at Sheldong hobbies in Northern Cal hanging in the air , very very nice ARF . Nice size and detail .

I dont know if this site is getting two planes confused , in the UK airplane mags under Top Gun AIrcraft they show the soon to be released ceremark spitfire again under Top GUn brand name .

I thought the FLY RC spit was the Kondor models version ?
Old 06-08-2007, 10:01 PM
easton24

I must have missed that issue of Fly RC. I do love the look of the plane. I also like the size of it. I hope to use a gas engine on one but havent decided with which one. I was hoping someone had put one together already and could advise how it flies.
Old 06-09-2007, 05:10 AM
jcflysrc

On page 16 of the latest Model Aviation, there is mention of the Spit offered by Cermark. It is made by Top Gun Models and being distributed here by Cermark best I can tell.
Old 06-09-2007, 05:23 AM
LDM

yes , that is the same plane that I have seen .I just picked up a CMP spit for $189 . I plan on splitting the flaps , adding the CJ gear and a possible repaint . I will buy an afetr market canopy , the cost was too good to pass up and I can add the parts that I want vs having to use retracts from the factory
Old 06-09-2007, 08:07 AM
Trollmaster

Does it at least have retracts? I just took a peek. Same size as a Modeltech P-47. At $400, it's not worth it, you can get equal for much less.
Old 06-09-2007, 08:38 AM
Trollmaster

ORIGINAL: LDM

yes , that is the same plane that I have seen .I just picked up a CMP spit for $189 . I plan on splitting the flaps , adding the CJ gear and a possible repaint . I will buy an afetr market canopy , the cost was too good to pass up and I can add the parts that I want vs having to use retracts from the factory

That's the way to go.
Old 06-12-2007, 12:11 AM
davealv
My Feedback: (10)

Just rec. August 2007 issue of Fly RC. It has a review on the Cermark Spitfire. The review was positive, but there's no mention about not having or should have added flaps!!

Dave
Old 06-12-2007, 02:25 AM
jcflysrc

Positive is good! It may be that I could do without flaps...depending on the overall package.
Old 06-16-2007, 05:36 AM
spitflier

when they reviewed it they didn't use the gasser 26 but if you add the weight of the engine and the lead they used it equalled the gasser
Old 06-18-2007, 09:54 AM
easton24

What engine did they use?
Old 06-19-2007, 05:48 AM
spitflier

they used an O.S. 91 surpass
Old 06-19-2007, 12:36 PM
NoFlaps
My Feedback: (131)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I was going to but the plane with the G26, but when i found out it didn't have flaps...I've decided to go with another company.
Old 06-19-2007, 11:56 PM
easton24

I was also thinking of using g26. I read the review in the magazine. I was kinda dissapointed that he used the lowest end engine for the review. You kinda get the idea on the performance of the engine with words like "scalelike takeoff and scalelike flyby". I also have a OS 120 ax I could use. I believe both engines turn a 16 x 8 prop pretty close to the same give a couple hundred rpm to the g 26. The 120 ax would be alot lighter but giving the review author had to add 14 oz of weight to balance the plane maybe the g26 would be the way to go. My opinion on the flap thing is I really dont use flaps. I used to have a topflite P51 with a bme 50 on it. I never really used the flaps. I would just fly the plane down on a flat descent, let the main gear touchdown and wait till the plane slowed itself. Never had no need for flaps. I also looked at the world models spitfire. That plane just doesnt look right to me. I am no expert on spitfires but that plane looks a bit off to me. I do like the way the cermark spitfirelooks though. And after I saw the photos from the review I am even more sold. I will be purchasing this plane. Just waiting for the right time money wise to buy it.
Old 06-20-2007, 05:26 AM
LDM

Flaps are like air conditioning , nobody use it before it was invented , they just opened windows and sweat lol , flaps on warbirds when used properly with trim and throttle can keep your plane and all its gear flying for a long time . If you have G2 or G3 flight sims , play with the flaps , see how the plane handles , its a total luxuary on a warbird .

Even the H9 birds with there very light wing loading could benifit from flaps .
On the other hand , planes like a Pica P40 withe heavier wing loading .... well I would not be caught dead lading this type of plane without flaps , same deal with the Top Flight P40
Old 06-25-2007, 09:12 PM
easton24

Well I ordered the Spitfire from Cermark today. Well see how she looks when I get it.
Old 06-26-2007, 05:44 AM
spitflier

easton
The world doesn't look right because there are no wing fairings on it!!!!!
A spit without wing fairing is like a spit without an eliptical wiing
I bought replacement fairings from the Top Flite spit and peeled back the covering and put them on and smoothed the covering back over it. NOW you have a Spitfire I also changed the markings to make it British instead of Cech(?)
I was leaning toward this because I wanted to go gas and it loked like a perfect fit (like in my car) I have a 30% Yak gas and it is such a hassle to get it up my stairs and to the field I stopped flying it so much
[img][/img]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Xv65012.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	124.9 KB
ID:	711423  
Old 06-26-2007, 09:08 AM
SPUD37

Okay guys here we go. Pleasant peerson on the other end of the phone. Recieved it in 4 days. The fuse is a nice fiberglass. All flying surfaces are built up. My wings had a soft balsa rib in the right wing, some triangle stock beefed that up. The retracks remind me of the spring-air type, air up spring down. The hardware is good for a sport model.
So far I have the wings together. No problems here, went together fine. One of the ailrons were sanded about a fat 1/16" off. These are tough to do with the elliptical wing. No there's no sanding involved, I'm just commenting on the work done at the factory. The opening for the H-stab needs a little sanding at the seam to slide on in. The covering is nice. The camo is painted on the covering. Some small areas pulled off with the tape on my left wing ,when joining them. The tail feathers went together no problem. I'm waiting on an inverted slimline to mount my engine. I'll be using an OS 120 FS, Futaba 9202 servos & everything else will be what came with the kit.
Over all a nice arf. Its going together strait, should be a fun semi-scale plane. And it looks like a spit not like some of those sport scale ones out there.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.