Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

Spitfire

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2007, 02:16 PM
saramos

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Spitfire

username is case sensitive.

mR JoLLy

http://www.hbc.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/models/index.htm

Scott
Old 11-17-2007, 02:40 PM
mR JoLLy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did somebody call

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Us54084.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	78.7 KB
ID:	805759  
Old 11-17-2007, 04:44 PM
Hurri

Thanks Saramos& mr Jolly . From Canada to Calif; to Doncaster Uk & back to Canada . Great stuff there Mr Jolly !!! I was born in Eastleigh Hants UK , only 5 mins from Eastleigh airport where as you may know ,was where the Spitfire originated from - March 19 36 - maiden flt .
Old 11-17-2007, 05:00 PM
alanc

i dropped Mr J a line, thought he would look in, have you checked out his site? and MR J you are only 60 mile from me, i must get over your way sometime for a fly
Old 11-17-2007, 05:13 PM
Hurri

HI ALAN , Thanks for the input , have just dropped him an e/ml , amazing stuff on his web , was saying that I have only the essentials from mick -no wood or the f/glass fuse . Going by "mr jolly's " comments glad I never for instance got the fuse as it was twisted & coming all this way would have been bad to return for me . Thanks again .
Old 11-17-2007, 05:16 PM
nmacwarbirds

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

ORIGINAL: Hurri

Thanks Saramos& mr Jolly . From Canada to Calif; to Doncaster Uk & back to Canada . Great stuff there Mr Jolly !!! I was born in Eastleigh Hants UK , only 5 mins from Eastleigh airport where as you may know ,was where the Spitfire originated from - March 19 36 - maiden flt .
And the picture of the Jolly Spitfire was taken at RAF Coltishall (former) Norfolk Uk.
A Spitfire MK 1a from Coltishall recorded the first shoot down in the Battle of Britain.

Regards Phil G.
Old 11-17-2007, 07:21 PM
mR JoLLy

And while we are pumping facts onto this thread have to say that Sir Douglas Robert Steuart Bader, CBE, DSO and Bar, DFC and Bar, FRAeS, DL, was brought up in Sprotborough not 5 Km from where I live. Who flew from RAF Coltishall.

What a cool link Phil J

What a small world we live in

JoLLy.

Old 11-20-2007, 04:22 PM
js3
My Feedback: (3)

Does anyone know how many of the MK 22/24 were produced? Or perhaps if it was used in Korea?
Old 11-21-2007, 12:17 PM
js3

I've found this info...

Only 278 Mk.22s were manufactured before production changed over to the Mk.24. The Mk.24 had a slightly improved Griffon engine and a five blade propeller. 27 of the final Mk.22s were converted to Mk.24s and 54 new mk.24 aircraft were produced. These last of the breed sported four Hispano Mk V 20mm cannons and zero-length underwing rockets.
Old 11-21-2007, 12:58 PM
alanc

no spitfire was used in Korea, seafire saw limtied use, but where soon replaced by sea furies, interest fact, i taught, well, tried to teach, and ex seafire and sea fury pilot to fly models---HOPELESS, he would land the thing by looking back over his shoulder!!!
Old 11-23-2007, 05:47 PM
js3

Perhaps another reason the later marks aren't modeled as often is the complex landing gear. With the Griffon power plant came a larger prop so the gear legs needed to be lengthened.

Has anyone ever acurately replicated this gear action in a model?

The landing gear legs were also lengthened to provide sufficient ground clearance for the new, larger propeller; a system to compress the legs by 8 inches as they retracted and re-extend them upon lowering was devised to overcome the problems posed by the lack of room in which the longer legs initially had to retract.
Old 11-24-2007, 01:43 AM
Chad Veich
My Feedback: (60)

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

I've not seen it on a Spit (wasn't even aware of this on late Mark Spits actually) but Sierra Precision offer a set of scale retracts for the P-47 which has the same feature. I'm sure Sierra could work something out for the Spit as well.