Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

Pc 9 By Seagull Models

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

Pc 9 By Seagull Models

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2003, 09:36 PM
SHERDILL
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pc 9 By Seagull Models

Hi

I recently noticed this nice looking PC 9 ARF at Quantun hobbies and Horizon as well,i was wondering does any body have experience with this airplane,i had a bad experience with one VMAR trainers so was wondering hows this one since i believe its also made in the far east some where i suppose vietnam.Your feedback will be highly appreciated...

Thanks

Salman
Old 05-02-2003, 06:52 AM
Slug

Salman,

I have the Seagull PC-9.

No problems putting it together and no problems with quality.

Nice touches are pilot and canopy pre installed and the flying surfaces are already attached and the hinges pinned. Flys very well even in quite windy conditions, mine has clocked up 50+ flights during the past couple of months. I am using a .45 2 stroke, that seems about right. With the control throws set with small movements would make a good 1st low wing model, but is capable of being thrown around plenty if you want.

The only negative thing I found was that the fuel tank supplied has only two outlets and with the engine cowled it's a bit of a pain getting to the carb to disconnect for filling/draining, in the end I fitted a joiner in the fuel tubing away from the carb so I could get to it at a more convenient point, If building another I would replace the tank with a three outlet type.

Hope this helps.

Simon.
Old 05-03-2003, 09:43 PM
Lt. Dan
My Feedback: (21)

Originally posted by Slug
Salman,

I have the Seagull PC-9.

No problems putting it together and no problems with quality.

Nice touches are pilot and canopy pre installed and the flying surfaces are already attached and the hinges pinned. Flys very well even in quite windy conditions, mine has clocked up 50+ flights during the past couple of months. I am using a .45 2 stroke, that seems about right. With the control throws set with small movements would make a good 1st low wing model, but is capable of being thrown around plenty if you want.

The only negative thing I found was that the fuel tank supplied has only two outlets and with the engine cowled it's a bit of a pain getting to the carb to disconnect for filling/draining, in the end I fitted a joiner in the fuel tubing away from the carb so I could get to it at a more convenient point, If building another I would replace the tank with a three outlet type.

Hope this helps.

Simon.
I saw one of these flying at our field today and I'm going to get one, very sweet on a .56 Saito.

BTW, that's what they make remote fueling valves for!!!
Old 05-04-2003, 12:36 PM
waldo

The seagull Pc9 is a lovely sweet flier. Mine flies on a Saito 50 FS. You may have to alter the height of the tank to suit your particular carb. The suggested position seems vey high.