Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
 black horse models >

black horse models

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

black horse models

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2009, 02:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: black horse models

i have a feeling yes...to maiden it tomorrow morning...actually its 2.18am here....so gonna maiden it 9am i guess...when i wake up...scared ****...my mentor told me it would be ok...i have a feeling i will be needing the weights....hmmmmm....will keep you posted so not to make the same mistake i will......the saito 100 is so sweet....beautiful sound....all i can say is WOW!!!!!

better to go oversize than not enough power....not even a quarter throttle during break in and almost took off....even with the strings attached...

one problem i noticed....rear tail wheel too low....belly pan almost touch ground....i noticed my friend modified his....if you look at his mustang which i posted earlier, he put his tail wheel all the way back....
Old 01-26-2009, 08:52 PM

Hi everyone, Where are you guys setting the cg at? The book calls for around 5.9 inches, and I have mine at 4 at it flys pretty nice. I am thinking about moving it back a little but 5.9 inches seems extreme to me.
It is a bh models p51 mustang.
Thank you.
Old 01-27-2009, 12:02 PM

haven't got the chance to maiden today...raining since morning....perhaps this weekend...will check and get back to you PB on the CG....
Old 01-27-2009, 03:47 PM

Hi Poorwboy, I have just looked at the manual for the mustang and yes you are right it does say 5.9" (150cm / 15cm) to be measured at the root of the wing as a rule I would follow what the manual would suggest up to a point but instead of it being perfectly balanced I would have it just a little bit nose heavy, As this aids in the stability of landing and taking off as if you have it slightly tail heavy then this tends to make it more twitchy in flight.
The mustang is known to be needing a lot of rudder on take off just as the AT6 Texan and Corsair this is because of the short moment arm effect (short distance from the wings to the Tail and Ruder)

Hope this helps.....

Daron
Old 01-27-2009, 04:02 PM

Hi darjen, my cg is at 4.5 inches from le and it flys good. I think 5.9 inches from le is to much. I was just wondering what everybody else has noticed from this plane.
Thankyou for the response.
Old 01-29-2009, 03:29 PM

all i know is that it is 30% or max 35% from the leading edge.....how much does that make????
Old 02-08-2009, 05:00 PM

ORIGINAL: darjen38

Well The Retractable tail wheel never turned up but rest assured when or if it does I will try and install it but here is the finished fuse in all its glory...

Hi my name is Jim, And first of all I would like to say that the cowl in this photo finishes this mustang off and I want in!! This is the only thing about this bird that didn't look right , but man it looks so cool that is not standard is it?? Because mine looks nothing like that it looks short and fat how much longer have you maid it and is this going to effect the C of G? So not going to beat round the bush what is the distance from your wing route to the end point of your cowl?

Cheers Jim

P.S Have you maiden her yet, what dose she fly like??
Old 02-09-2009, 02:56 PM

Hi Jim, No the cowl comes with the kit you might have the Mk1 as this is the Mk2 with the slot on wings and removable cockpit. As to the measurements you wanted well it is 10.5 inches from the root to the front of the cowl as in the pic below... Hope this helps...

I have not been up with her yet as the weather has been crap down here in Kent...
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Tr50007.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	64.8 KB
ID:	1131388   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vq51602.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	54.2 KB
ID:	1131389  
Old 02-09-2009, 04:19 PM

Oh what !![] ok next step, where can i get one of these cowls from?? i have just bin looking and cant find the MK2 mustang, it is such a better looking plane its unreal what a differnt that cowl makes, it is 2.5 inches longer that is quite a bit, do you know where i could get hold of a MK2 cowl?? and you are not that far away from me i am in Southampton.
Old 02-10-2009, 05:09 AM

I will do a bit of searching on the net for you, But have you tried contacting them in the US ?

http://www.americanpioneerhobbies.com/

also found this, I don't know if it is the same one but again you could contact them...

http://www.fiberglassspecialtiesinc.com/newprod.htm

http://www.fiberglassspecialtiesinc.com/

But in the meantime I will keep looking

Daron..
Old 02-19-2009, 05:25 PM

Going for a Maiden this weekend, I have a change of underwear just in case LOL I will let you know on Monday how it went....
Old 02-19-2009, 05:28 PM

Oh almost forgot, I have started the build of the (YT-International)(KMP Hawker Hurricane)
This is the link to it.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_21...rricane/tm.htm
Old 02-19-2009, 05:35 PM

Going for a Maiden this weekend, I have a change of underwear just in case LOL I will let you know on Monday how it went....
Good luck bud try and get a vid!!
Old 02-19-2009, 10:54 PM

nice looking bird you have there,
MUSTANG ON FLOATS i thought this was a scale thread. iv seen some funny things but thats funny. he could have at least painted the floats to match the colour scheme. are these mustangs black hoarses work, i had the black hoarse su31 and well all im going to say is i had a snapping experiance with them (plywood dihederal brace) no over sized engine or anything just a simple series of snap rolls and the wing snapped i n the center. the only thing that saved the model from toatle dissaster was the 2 metal wing bolts that i had fitted just so i could take her up as id forgoten the plastic ones. iv never seen a plane flap its wings and acutaly almost do a perect landing, (lost airspeed and fell out the sky abou 7 ft from the ground) it was well built though good balsa not bad build wise for an artf, but i wouldnt have another. but those mustangs look great
Old 02-20-2009, 03:55 AM

ORIGINAL: sir crashallot

nice looking bird you have there,
MUSTANG ON FLOATS i thought this was a scale thread. iv seen some funny things but thats funny. he could have at least painted the floats to match the colour scheme. are these mustangs black hoarses work, i had the black hoarse su31 and well all im going to say is i had a snapping experiance with them (plywood dihederal brace) no over sized engine or anything just a simple series of snap rolls and the wing snapped i n the center. the only thing that saved the model from toatle dissaster was the 2 metal wing bolts that i had fitted just so i could take her up as id forgoten the plastic ones. iv never seen a plane flap its wings and acutaly almost do a perect landing, it was well built though good balsa not bad build wise for an artf, but i wouldnt have another. but those mustangs look great
Hi Crashallot,
Yes mate the mustang is a Black Horse model, But they have done a few changes lately especially to the mustang as now the wings come in two sections and have a Aluminium rod with four wing bolts...
Old 02-20-2009, 03:58 AM

well thats good then, when i tried to contact them about the wing snaping due to the dihederal brace failing they wernt intrested and put the phone down on me as soon as i explained i wanted a replacement wing or my money for the kit back. but that mustang does look the buisness.
Old 02-22-2009, 09:56 AM

the mustang on float s flies very well as a matter of fact...i believe that the video is on line....in youtube....anyways, have had a minor problem with my retract servo for the landing gear....its not responding to my futaba 10 cap....not sure why...am using a 4 cell battery for the receiver...my servo is a JR NES 703....people told me to try using a 5 cell batt....will try...if not will get a new retract servo....it operates well if i slot it in the aileron channel....i tried other retract servos and it works...just not for the JR that i have....hmmmmmmmm.......asides from that, am into a building fit...scratch built 2 pylon racers within these two weeks.....
Old 02-23-2009, 01:06 PM

Well It never Happened "Shame" Bloody weather......................[]
Old 02-23-2009, 02:34 PM

yep thats britain for ya, if it isnt raining its blowing a gale, if it isnt blowing a gale we have 6 inch of snow so its a case of choice out of 3 conditions to fly in, snow, torential rain, gale force winds, but when ya get up to go to work you think as your on ur way this is perfect weather for flying
Old 03-15-2009, 02:25 PM

Well today was the day after just a few teething points she was up and away [sm=teeth_smile.gif] all she needed was just a small amount of trim on the right aileron.

god she is bloody lovely. Will fly her again Wednesday, bring it on.........
Old 03-18-2009, 02:46 PM

Darjen,

Was wondering did you have to hold right rudder for the take off?....was the take off straight or slanting towards left?
Old 03-19-2009, 03:05 AM

ORIGINAL: majestic12

Darjen,

Was wondering did you have to hold right rudder for the take off?....was the take off straight or slanting towards left?
Hi Maj yes mate I had to hold one hell of right ruder in and as you said she does try to drop the left wing, You must be a mind reader as yesterday (Wednesday) I did not hold enough in and she hit the ground ripping out the retracts so big repair on at the moment.
Old 03-21-2009, 02:13 PM

http://s16.photobucket.com/albums/b1...=BHMustang.flv
Old 03-23-2009, 09:49 AM
My Feedback: (131)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

phippsa3,

I've finally finished my BHM P-47 Bash, and she turned out great ! I ended up using a H( cowling, as it's pre finished with the checkerboard patt, a. It has the supercharger vents and exhauset, as well as bombs 9not shown here)...I just finished her this past wkend and she flies great !!
The landing gear mounts are weak though and I ripped out both gear on the 4th landing.

Name:	Om32706.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	137.5 KB
ID:	1164177   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ql32882.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	103.9 KB
ID:	1164178  
Old 03-23-2009, 09:52 AM
My Feedback: (131)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My P-47 is a dream to fly, but both retracts (robart air) ripped out on a "not that bad " type landing...So I have the same rebuild as you I guess.

Name:	Ax73197.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	43.8 KB
ID:	1164181  

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.