Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

KMP Corsair

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2010, 09:17 AM
lynn1130
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: KMP Corsair

Sorry VeeAte, I had no intention of upsetting you or anyone on this thread but in-fact the comments do have to do with the KMP Corsair and the issues that others who buy and construct this plane could run in to. I think it is important that fellow RCers are aware and thought that was what this entire site was about.
Old 01-14-2010, 02:46 PM
Flight 21

Now we are talkin' slyms. Yes flytaildragger does work for KMP. I have a Hellcat on the way from Troybuilt and due to the comments on this thread have become very concerned of what I am going to receive. So I applaud you Slyms for speaking up to keep things balanced here. The best route for our industry is for the vendors to stay away from the nagative selling - however not at the expense of speaking up when KMP makes untruthful statements. I will admit that many of these comments have made me second guess my purchase, so YES they definitely can affect sales for a company. Us consumers are seeking accurate information on quality so if KMP is posting innacuracies we need to know!
Old 01-14-2010, 03:00 PM
LDM
My Feedback: (15)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

1)Lets be clear , I am not knocking ESM as a matter of fact I now recommend them in many post including those of CMP content being that I was a big fan of CMP .The new value of eam is second to none
2)My point on the original KMP and its cost and reputation is that the QC regardless of who made them were sold under full price with the authority of KMP
its that simple .
ESM , VQ and Troy build by no hidden adgenda clame anything then good planes at a great value , the KMP statement was differnat and persoanlly I beleve the contract fell aprrt on volume or lack of it from KMP , not quality by esm , my opinion
Old 01-14-2010, 03:28 PM
masteromodels
My Feedback: (11)

Ok I have been waiting to get a couple of flights on my KMP Corsair and after 4 flights now I have had one flight where the landing gear actually worked both up and down, the othe 3 flights either I have to belly it in and today made an almost perfect landing and the lft. gear collapsed, it was never locked down even though it looked down and locked. I'am not going to spend any more time fooling with this bird I'am not happy the way it flys either. The Gen 5 landing gear are not worth the money or time to fool with them. The only thing I like about the planes flying is that it takes off easy even with the sloppiest gear I have ever owned and it lands beautifull when the gear work. This is just my expierence, I 'am flying this with a G-38 an a 18x10 prop turning 7500rpm and I can take off at 1/2 throttle and fly between 1/2 and 3/4 throttle, but the plane just seems to have all kinds of jitters and I do not feel comfortable with it. I 'am also flying a GS top-flite Corsair with a 3w 60 and she is rock solid in flight. Thanks for listening to all my griping but I had to say my piece.

thanks bob
Old 01-14-2010, 04:00 PM
mike early

That is a shame about the version FIVE landing gear. But it's what I've heard before....

Even if the gear were free, it's just no fun belly-landing a warbird.....
Old 01-14-2010, 04:34 PM
lynn1130

So generally we can say the QC with this bird and the related gear is such that anyone thinking of buying should give it a second thought.
Old 01-14-2010, 07:28 PM
johnnyjet
My Feedback: (4)

Most people perceive that a model plane is or should be almost perfect. (But then you go and buy it)
The problems/flaws soon become bigger than life.
I have almost every kind, type and brand of aircraft; none of them were what I would call correct, and for the most part worse off than the KMP/ESM corsair.
But being able to recognize re-engineer and correct the problems/flaws to me defines the hobbyist/modeler.

Take a look at this photo the aircraft is perfect it also fly’s great.
Someone looking at this photo does not care if it had a flaw or 2 they don’t see them.
All they know is someone else was successful and they believe they could be too.
Johnny
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Zx71201.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	112.6 KB
ID:	1356138  
Old 01-14-2010, 07:54 PM
johnnyjet

ORIGINAL: masteromodels

Ok I have been waiting to get a couple of flights on my KMP Corsair and after 4 flights now I have had one flight where the landing gear actually worked both up and down, the othe 3 flights either I have to belly it in and today made an almost perfect landing and the lft. gear collapsed, it was never locked down even though it looked down and locked. I'am not going to spend any more time fooling with this bird I'am not happy the way it flys either. The Gen 5 landing gear are not worth the money or time to fool with them. The only thing I like about the planes flying is that it takes off easy even with the sloppiest gear I have ever owned and it lands beautifull when the gear work. This is just my expierence, I 'am flying this with a G-38 an a 18x10 prop turning 7500rpm and I can take off at 1/2 throttle and fly between 1/2 and 3/4 throttle, but the plane just seems to have all kinds of jitters and I do not feel comfortable with it. I 'am also flying a GS top-flite Corsair with a 3w 60 and she is rock solid in flight. Thanks for listening to all my griping but I had to say my piece.

thanks bob
Bob
Please go over your corsair again I bet you can find what is causing your jitters.
There are too many reports (and videos) on how well it fly’s to give up on that note.
As far as the landing gear go-replace them, write it off as lessons learned. (I do lessons learned a lot more than I care to discuss)
Johnny
Old 01-14-2010, 09:15 PM
flytaildragger
My Feedback: (8)

Wow, it is amazing how perceptions fly around the posts..lol. Slyms, I didn't mean to offend anyone. Maybe I can clarify the comment I made in regards to the "version" of Corsair. Usually when one model gives way to another, it is a radical change. Our old P-47 razerback has nothing in common with the Skull and Crossbones later version. This is what I meant, the Corsair to my knowledge has always been a 74" model and still is number "29". Shipment batches that vary due to improvements in manufacture mistakes are simply that. I wouldn't consider them a new version. I hope you understand what I meant and it wasn't slanderous. I own one of these planes myself and enjoy flying it. Don't know where you got the idea I wash bashing ESM, other than their standards and KMP's no longer coincide. That is the truth. Considering most ESM aircraft still are associated with KMP's name and most advertising with it still occupies our name, I wanted everyone to know we are no longer associated with them, that is all. I reviewed my posts and the intent of what I tried to say wasn't meant to be slanderous in any way. If it was perceived as such, I apologize. All I was trying to do was give Warbird lovers a peek of hope into the future.
Old 01-14-2010, 10:52 PM
LDM

" I have almost every kind, type and brand of aircraft; none of them were what I would call correct, and for the most part worse off than the KMP/ESM corsair"
"But being able to recognize re-engineer and correct the problems/flaws to me defines the hobbyist/modeler. "

I know this is not directed at me and I am sure you have seen some of my major past bashes and current ones so I am in the world of looking for the perfact arf .
I am a value guy , plane and simple . Over the past 5 years I have spent my arf money in the $200 to $300 range , just my simple budget . I dream about the Yellow P40 ect , that is my goal , dont feel sorry for me lol I am a VP and make a good 6 figure income . However my time and expences go where I choose at this time and that is to fule my kids into (now young men ) and there great sport of ice hockey , So enjoying the hobby for me with retracts , good 4 strokes ect had been in the 120 size value arfs that I enjoy to bash .
So the jump to KMP and its expressed quality was one set of the highest standard and the old saying "you get what you pay for " I had choice and I must have made the wrong one .
I could had bought the CMP 75" Corsair and basded it like I am doing to the FW190 .I have two CMP P40ties , one for flying and one will be my scale project , both excellant fun builds and great value , as well the the BF109 , excellant value , all under $250 to my door .
The CMP Hellcat was bought on ebay for $140 and the Willshobbby 66" seafury for $120 , my point is I dont mind and I am very cabable to fix and actully improve all my models .
All I am saying is I did not expect to encounter the problems seen the KMP corsair and I wont be sold in the future on the KMP statement on qulaity sorry nothing personal its just business .
Now for ESM , well they will be my new CMP , ready to bash , excellant out of the box and a great value compared to CMP .
For $300 or so bucks I dont mind fixing these birds with normal arf tweeks ,
Old 01-14-2010, 10:55 PM
LDM

I also meant to say " I dont look for the perfact arf nor do I expect one " but its all related to what you pay or at leaste it should be if quality is in the misison statement
Old 01-14-2010, 11:12 PM
johnnyjet

LDM
“I know this is not directed at me and I am sure you have seen some of my major past bashes and current ones so I am in the world of looking for the perfact arf .â€
Sorry LDM this was how I see things I thought you and I were on the same team.
“directed at me†no way
“I am sure you have seen some of my major past bashes and current onesâ€
Sorry again I have not.
All I know is you are doing a cockpit on the corsair we have.
Remember I called you and gave you the measurements’ over the phone.
Sorry if you perceived I was talking to you.
When I direct something at someone I use their name.
Johnny
Old 01-14-2010, 11:23 PM
johnnyjet

LDM
O yes now I remember you’re in the candy industry.
I just tried to call you but it went to you voice message.
Johnny
Old 01-14-2010, 11:28 PM
johnnyjet

LDM
I’m shutting this machine down for the night and going to bed.
I will call you back tomorrow.
Johnny
Old 01-15-2010, 04:44 AM
slyms

The newer Corsair is a brand new design, I went over the CAD drawings myself! It was designed from scratch with no common parts from the previous aircraft. I will be watching and reading with interest.

regards,
Sym.
Old 01-15-2010, 08:03 PM
lynn1130

I should have more photos from today's flights soon. I got two nice flights in. The engine quit on final on both flights one landing was fine the second was a little hard but passable. The engine is still set pretty rich and did not want to idle. I also need to open a little more air intake. I became fixated on the dead engine and forgot to flare when I should have. No damage except to my ego.

The Gen V gear are giving me more problems. The rotation is not smooth and they do not lock in well. This causes the air system to bleed air. I am pretty much done with them as I do not trust them now and will be ordering Sierra gear to replace them.
Old 01-16-2010, 08:46 AM
LDM

Johnny , no worries , you cant reach me this weekend I am in Toronto for a hockey Tornament and turned my phone off , sorry for the confusion .
TRy me on Monday please or sometime this week .
Old 01-16-2010, 10:38 AM
uncljoe

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Few shots of Lynns U-Bird along with one of the pilot
Semper fi
Joe

Name:	wu60102.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	131.0 KB
ID:	1357211   Click image for larger version

Name:	mh20754.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	177.1 KB
ID:	1357212   Click image for larger version

Name:	in28334.jpg
Size:	184.2 KB
ID:	1357213   Click image for larger version

Name:	ic83966.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	208.3 KB
ID:	1357214   Click image for larger version

Name:	oz29910.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	150.0 KB
ID:	1357215   Click image for larger version

Name:	tk76238.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	142.9 KB
ID:	1357216   Click image for larger version

Name:	np18569.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	256.4 KB
ID:	1357217   Click image for larger version

Name:	wv74582.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	189.9 KB
ID:	1357218  

Click image for larger version

Name:	us24171.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	181.2 KB
ID:	1357219  
Old 01-16-2010, 11:58 AM
johnnyjet

Lynn, you have one beautiful corsair.
Uncljoe, your work is superb.
Thank you
Johnny
Old 01-16-2010, 12:33 PM
lynn1130

Thanks and you are correct Joe does some really spectacular photo work. I also have to give credit to my co-pilot who you see standing behind me with the pipe. Bob Frey is well known in the scale craft and if you have ever been to Gunsmoke or some of the other scale meets you have probably seen his P-47 "Little Chief" which is a work of art. Bob is "against" Corsairs (a standing joke here) but sure enjoyed taking the controls of this one.

Name:	Ay75847.jpg
Size:	107.8 KB
ID:	1357268  
Old 01-17-2010, 10:11 AM
skillet92

OK guys i guess that I am a little slow.. Would not be the first time. VQ sells the ESM corsair, Troybuilt sells the ESM corsair. And Valleyview who I am going to get a DLE 30 from sells the KMP corsair. I have a Hangar 9 but want a better more scale corsair. What is the Difference between the ESM and the KMP. I know the price but are they different models???

BTW I don't really care about the price part if the KMP is a better arf. Just would like some input from you guys that have these planes if you know.
Old 01-17-2010, 12:24 PM
flytaildragger

Those were some great shots for your Corsair Uncljoe, Your photographer did you well. Just in case you didn't know about it, there exists a scale cockpit kit for this airplane. You can find it at www.magnumrc.com. Was that landing deadstick?
Old 01-17-2010, 12:43 PM
lynn1130

Actually, flytaildragger, that is my Corsair. Joe was kind enough to do the photo work.

Yes, both flights ended in dead-stick landings. The engine is still not fully broken in and does not want to idle at times.
Old 01-17-2010, 01:13 PM
flytaildragger

Ahh, need to give the credit where the credit is due, sorry. There is just something about the lines of the bird that just makes you say,,,,well not many words can describe. Still, great photo shoot like it was done for the movies.
Old 01-17-2010, 01:14 PM
johnnyjet

ORIGINAL: skillet92

OK guys i guess that I am a little slow.. Would not be the first time. VQ sells the ESM corsair, Troybuilt sells the ESM corsair. And Valleyview who I am going to get a DLE 30 from sells the KMP corsair. I have a Hangar 9 but want a better more scale corsair. What is the Difference between the ESM and the KMP. I know the price but are they different models???

BTW I don't really care about the price part if the KMP is a better arf. Just would like some input from you guys that have these planes if you know.
Hi, skillet92
ESM/KMP same plane, I found VQ WARBIRDS (TOMAS) a pleasure to deal with.
Johnny

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.